Strong Interference Issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

[size=15.008px]Hi,
[size=15.008px]I struggling to get my drone to connect to the remote unit but I now have a consistent error “Strong Signal Interference”
[size=15.008px]I have tried the following:
[size=15.008px]
  • Using the channels it suggests
  • Moving from “auto” to “manual” on the channel options
  • Turning off my mobile phone (airplane mode)
  • Adjusting the antenna on the remote unit
  • Driving out to a field and testing it there (rather than at home)
  • Patching the latest firmware for the drone and the remote unit
  • Downloading the latest version of the app from DJI (the relevant APK)

[size=15.008px]I have time I change channels (and relink) I get the same error straight away. Any suggestion?
[size=15.008px]
[size=15.008px]Picture of the error/set up below.
[size=15.008px]
strsong interference error.JPG

2022-1-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you're aiming the controller correctly?  
2022-1-15
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-15 12:44
Are you sure you're aiming the controller correctly?

Thanks for  the response.  I can test in a few different positions:

Follow  up question: As its 9pm here (I am in the UK)  - I can't go out into a field to test.  Can you test this indoors (no propellers on) or will the Wifi etc cause interference?

Thanks again.

Rob
2022-1-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Should be mid-afternoon in the UK now.  

I can test mine wonderfully indoors.  Just can't get satellites.  Place the drone away from potential electromagnetic interference.  Don't have the controller and drone too close to each other.  

2022-1-16
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for this - I was out testing in the field this morning and, I am getting somewhere ...slowly .   Its not yet working, but its  getting there. I have been through a LOT of permutations

Long tory short - I am now connected to drone, the interreference issues has been reduced/disappeared (as  long as I dont do it indoors or in my garden - that still doesn't work)  - I have calibrated it, and it now says

"unable to fly"

GPS is good, compass is good - RTK is weak (I dont think that matters)  - I tried several fields and drove about an 30 min between them. Any idea what would cause that?

I have not been able to start the motors - i.e they just wont spin (I tried pulling the handles down,). The drone is activated and registered to me.

Thoughts?

Rob

2022-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Have you read the manual?

Did you have adequate satellites?

Are you sure you're aiming the controller correctly?  (y/n)
2022-1-16
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Yes -   have 34 or 35 satellites, controlled is has been put into a variety of positions, moved the controlled and the antenna, - and been through the manual. and YouTube videos etc.

So frustrating!
2022-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Could it be your controller needs calibration?  You might try one of the other forums - phantompilots.com or phantomhelp.com.  Good luck
2022-1-16
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks - I will check there, I have also put this detail here, in case somebody else sees it/has an answer

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Everything was calibrated - and it looked ok. There were no errors reported and I could not click on anything to show an error. I am using the DJI Pilot App - screen shots below.  
I had tried moving locations, different surfaces, numerous reboots, (I calibrated it about 3 or 4 times in each location)

2022-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

If everything is perfect, and you have no interfering signals coming from any source around you, and you are getting interference warnings, that would indicate you are not aiming the controller antennas correctly.   Or you're too close.  Or both.  It's called "destructive interference."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

2022-1-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

I had the same problem. the P4M is not compatible with DJI applications on Android. You have two options, find an Ipad to run GSpro, or use UGCS to stay with Android.
Also, check that your remote control has the correct firmware. The one for P4M, not P4R.

2022-1-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

What LV_Forestry said. Multiple threads on this in the P4MS forum.
2022-1-19
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-17 12:46
Hi,

I had the same problem. the P4M is not compatible with DJI applications on Android. You have two options, find an Ipad to run GSpro, or use UGCS to stay with Android.

Hi- thanks for this, very intersting. I have been testing this out for a while, even taken it back  to the shop.

The android issue is fascinating - I bought a Samsung S8 as DJI told me that they dont support ipads for this!   I was using DJI Pilot - with the recommended APK

If your saying this one work - and switching to Android will, that makes a massive difference!

(the shop where I bought it couldn't get it working either)

2022-1-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Resellers of DJI products are generally poorly informed about products in the "Enterprise" range.
If you want good information and good price I recommend https://www.studiosport.fr/ they ship orders abroad without problem and are really efficient.
2022-1-21
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-21 07:27
Resellers of DJI products are generally poorly informed about products in the "Enterprise" range.
If you want good information and good price I recommend https://www.studiosport.fr/ they ship orders abroad without problem and are really efficient.

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.  I had really good service from the company, and they tried out three different drones , all with issues (they were from the same batch, based on the serial number).

We then got a new drone, from a different batch and that fixed it.
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules