Antenna cover plate on landing gear legs
1104 4 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kingfisherblues
lvl.1

United States

A friend of mine crashed his Phantom 4 Pro a while back and he has asked me to repair it for him. I've never worked on a dji before, but I have built a couple of my own drones. Anyway, the project looked simple enough, I just had to replace one of the propeller mounts and replace three of the four antenna cover plates on the landing gear legs. The propeller mout is done, but I am struggleing with getting the antenna cover plates fit in place. The new ones appear to be the correct part (my friend ordered them), but the damn things won't quite fit. I can get the bottom two tabs in easy enough but then the top tab sticks out to far. And there is no give in the part to flex it then snap it in place.

Is there a trick to this I'm missing?

I found a video online that showed how to take them out (which evidently requires the whole drone opened up), but it never explained how they go back!

Thanks
Bill
2022-1-22
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

You have to bend legs to open the opening for the cover to go in.
2022-1-22
Use props
Kingfisherblues
lvl.1

United States

Dog Man Posted at 1-22 13:57
You have to bend legs to open the opening for the cover to go in.

Got it! I knew there must be a way! Thanks dog!!
2022-1-22
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Nice Fish.....
2022-1-22
Use props
Kingfisherblues
lvl.1

United States

Thanks! I live in Iowa where there are lots of small farm ponds that I love to fish. The one in the picture was 7lb 4oz. I hooked into her in the late fall of 2021. Biggest bass I have ever caught. The state record in Iowa is just over 10lbs I think so that was a great catch. I keep and eat a few bass per year but I release 90% of what I catch. I let the big one go. Hope to snag into her again this Spring!
2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules