Wobbly image Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
817 11 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi,

I'm having troubles with wobbly video of my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
Some images are ok but most are way too wobbly to use.
This has been a small issue before but not as big as now.

I have updated to the latest software.
The propellers are not damaged.
The gimbal also seems to work properly.

• How can this be fixed?
  • Can the wobble be removed in the postproduction (Premiere Pro)?

The forum tool doesn't allow me to upload a vimeo link here, unfortunately.

2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I please ask if the unit experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please try to calibrate the IMU and the compass of the unit then check if the issue persists. You may upload your video in Google drive then send the link here for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

Hey Stina,
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

How old is your unit?  When was it purchased?

We have noticed a couple of similar issues in our most recent batch of units.

2022-3-8
Use props
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI4Survey Posted at 3-8 19:55
How old is your unit?  When was it purchased?

We have noticed a couple of similar issues in our most recent batch of units.

It was purchased in late 2018.
2022-3-9
Use props
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-8 17:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I please ask if the unit experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please try to calibrate the IMU and the compass of the unit then check if the issue persists. You may upload your video in Google drive then send the link here for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you

I never had a hard landing with it and it never hit anything while flying. I calibrated the compass and did all necessary updates before using it this time (and still got wobbly video).
Have not done the IMU calibration and never had a notification that this was needed. Does the IMU calibration need to be done regularly?
2022-3-9
Use props
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

Here's some of the wobbly video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ty69b--cudG6CsFk2ZM5gkVC7yvHY-wg/view?usp=sharing
Most of the material from this filming is even worse but I don't want to share these due to privacy reasons.
Is the wobbling possible to remove in the editing (Premiere Pro)? If yes, how?

2022-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

StinaLinnea Posted at 3-13 09:14
Here's some of the wobbly video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ty69b--cudG6CsFk2ZM5gkVC7yvHY-wg/view?usp=sharing
Most of the material from this filming is even worse but I don't want to share these due to privacy reasons.

You cannot share the footage from Google Drive, you have to put it up on YouTube.
2022-3-13
Use props
bBrooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 802618 ft
United States

I would try to recalibrate the gimbal.
2022-3-14
Use props
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 3-13 14:11
You cannot share the footage from Google Drive, you have to put it up on YouTube.

The video should be possible to view for anyone.
2022-3-26
Use props
StinaLinnea
lvl.1
Sweden

What else is there to do if I have now tried the following:
- Updated to the latest firmware
- Calbrated the compass
- Calibrated IMU
- Calibrated the gimbal (without the SD card, since it only worked til 50 % when the SD card was not withdrawn)
- Calibrated the vision positioning system
- Changed the propellers
- Checked if I could see any visible errors on the gimbal, which I can't

All calibrations were successful but I still get wobbly video.

What to do next?
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

StinaLinnea Posted at 3-26 09:07
What else is there to do if I have now tried the following:
- Updated to the latest firmware
- Calbrated the compass

Thank you for your response. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thak you for your understanding and support.
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules