P4P side sensors way off on distance
761 14 2022-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincent228
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

I just noticed my side sensor distance on my P4P is way off.
is there a way to calibrate the side sensors?

flying in "beginner" or "tri-pod" mode, so the sensors should stop the aircraft when close to something on the side.

The problem i noticed is the side sensors are detecting according to the app, but are detecting something literally 2 to 3 feet away as 7 feet away.

I was so bold as to let the drone fly close to my head, and the drone was 1 foot away, and was still able to continue on, until I could have gotten a good scalping.

So it allows the quad to keep going sideways until it wipes of the blades (i stopped it before that happened).

the front and rear cameras work perfect.
it is just the side that is not working correctly.

I looked for answers on this, and found none.

Does anyone have any ideas?
2022-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, you can try this :
2022-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

But this video will probably not help you because the side sensors are infrared.
Have you tried on different surfaces to see if the problem is the same? a wall, a tree....
2022-3-16
Use props
vincent228
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-16 15:06
But this video will probably not help you because the side sensors are infrared.
Have you tried on different surfaces to see if the problem is the same? a wall, a tree....

Yes. I did try. I have 2 p4p’s, and I notice this one is the only one that has tge infrared sensors flashing through the plastic on both sides. Have you ever seen this?
image.jpg
image.jpg
2022-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I'm going to try today but it's not surprising to see an infrared emitter light up through a camera. Try with a TV remote control, the same thing should happen.
2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-3-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

While testing I just noticed that none of the sensors work on my drone. I redid the same tests on the same surfaces with a Mavic 2, everything works.
2022-3-17
Use props
vincent228
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-17 09:38
While testing I just noticed that none of the sensors work on my drone. I redid the same tests on the same surfaces with a Mavic 2, everything works.

Please correct me if i am wrong. You tested the collision sensors on your quad, and itvworked correctly, but you did not see the sensor flashing? Or your drone stopped before it nailed a wall?
2022-3-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I can fly the P4 against a wall, what stops it are the propellers rubbing. The vision system obviously doesn't work.
2022-3-18
Use props
vincent228
lvl.2
United States

ok.
thats not what i was thinking.

thats not right, is it?

If you have obstacle avoidance sensors, they should work.

And just to be clear, this was attempted outside on a nice bright day, so poor visibility was not a factor.
2022-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Yes for me too it was beautiful weather. But it is worrying because the anti-collision system is active. I will try to update and calibrate the vision system. We'll see
2022-3-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Today I turned off then on the vision system from GSPro, the anti collision started to work. I don't understand, it's very random. It might be the app. Sometimes it does not want to connect to the RTK network...
2022-3-21
Use props
vincent228
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-21 11:15
Today I turned off then on the vision system from GSPro, the anti collision started to work. I don't understand, it's very random. It might be the app. Sometimes it does not want to connect to the RTK network...

I'm glad you found a way to get yours working.
Unfortunately, I have the P4P, and it works off the the DJI Go4 app, and doesnt give you the option of turning off the vision system.

At least you were able to get yours working.
Thats a good thing.
2022-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

If you have an ipad you can try with GSPro. The Mavic 2 is made for DJI Go4 but it works very well with GSPro and DJI Pilot as well. Functions are not implemented equally in all apps.
But maybe you have the radio control with the integrated screen?
2022-3-21
Use props
vincent228
lvl.2
United States

as soon as i get home, ill give that a try.
its deffinitely worth a shot
2022-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules