Mini 3 pro rc red screen in flight
2621 11 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

While filming my youtube review last night of the mini 3 pro with rc controller as i left quickshots and went back into video mode the screen turned red.
Not blanket red as i could still see the over exposure warning lines the white lines showing the black ones now also red. I landed turned the controller off and on the red dissapeared but the focus was bad i turned the mini off replaced the battery and all good again.
When it happened i was in autofocus any ideas?
Screenshot_20220520-200832_Gallery.jpg
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to export the logs to us.
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-3-pro/downloads
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
3. After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
4. The final exported data are ".dat" files.
After the file has been exported, add the file folder to the compressed folder. And upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link. Thank you.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 03:49
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to export the logs to us.
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-3-pro/downloads
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.

To my laptop or phone?
I use dji assistant for my dji air units and caddx vistas on my laptop.
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ Posted at 5-21 05:44
To my laptop or phone?
I use dji assistant for my dji air units and caddx vistas on my laptop.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineer has located the issue and will fix it ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-5-22
Use props
Beerbelly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660469 ft
Finland

I got my Mini 3 Pro yesterday and updated to latest firmware available. Seems like this is not fixed yet as same happened to me. I did not find other way to fix it than to reboot RC controller.
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Beerbelly Posted at 6-9 01:15
I got my Mini 3 Pro yesterday and updated to latest firmware available. Seems like this is not fixed yet as same happened to me. I did not find other way to fix it than to reboot RC controller.

Hasnt happened to me again yet but have to say im constantly nervous it will! its pretty freaky when it happens isnt it
2022-6-9
Use props
Beerbelly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660469 ft
Finland

djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ Posted at 6-9 12:09
Hasnt happened to me again yet but have to say im constantly nervous it will! its pretty freaky when it happens isnt it

It is, especially if you don't have VLOS.  I was so lucky, that drone was maybe 100 m away from me, when this happened, so there was no real danger. I am thinking if this can somehow relate to focus peaking setting which I had "on" when it happened. I disabled it just in case.
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Beerbelly Posted at 6-9 22:35
It is, especially if you don't have VLOS.  I was so lucky, that drone was maybe 100 m away from me, when this happened, so there was no real danger. I am thinking if this can somehow relate to focus peaking setting which I had "on" when it happened. I disabled it just in case.

I was the same luckily close, i think its linked to focus peaking but i was in auto focus mode
2022-6-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Same happened to me on one flight.
Just finished taking a 360 pano and once it finished i got the red screen.  No switching modes, exposures or anything got rid of it.
Had to fly home, a simply power on/off of the drone and it was fine.

Definitely isn't focus peaking or anything.

You retain full control and full telemetry so can easily bring it back but its the end of that particular flight as it needs a power cycle.
2022-6-10
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 6-10 14:42
Same happened to me on one flight.
Just finished taking a 360 pano and once it finished i got the red screen.  No switching modes, exposures or anything got rid of it.
Had to fly home, a simply power on/off of the drone and it was fine.

You too! So its a real issue potentially with the rc controller
2022-6-11
Use props
fans1407f76a
lvl.1
United States

Me too. On my 2nd flight when toggling through modes. Was able to get the screen back by hitting record button.
02E0815F-90F9-4E50-96DD-B83942B051F3.jpeg
2022-6-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scotty is really taking these Red Alerts too far.
2022-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules