10731 96 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

Barronas Posted at 6-9 09:23
Imu calibration still doesnt work with fly app 1.6.5.

Maybe they will launch a new update to fix it next month
2022-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-9 10:33
Maybe they will launch a new update to fix it next month

They have just done an app update, maybe try it and see if it helps. 1.6.5.
2022-6-9
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 6-9 11:44
They have just done an app update, maybe try it and see if it helps. 1.6.5.

I hope it work, I will try it later
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My drone has arrived in Germany for repair. I have care refresh but seen as it was the firmware update that caused the problem will Dji charge me for repair ? Anyone any experience with situations like this?
2022-6-13
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

IMU calibration is advised AFTER each FIRMWARE....is not my opinion, is the opinion of the ex-head of testing department that is now at Autel, Ken Booth...and I believe that the man that was running all testing department at DJI knows better the DJI drones than all "smart guys" here.

So...his words are:  
"We had a lot of issues related to fly away and improper function (horizon tilt), a lot being from the fact that people did not know one thing: After any FW update, you need to make IMU calibration (cold IMU, like 5 C degrees), Gimbal Calibration followed by Compass calibration."

When somebody will work in Testing department of DJI, please take your time and tell us when IMU needs to be calibrated....Until then, I follow the things told by the ex-HEAD OF TESTING department at DJI.
Period.
2022-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-14 03:50
IMU calibration is advised AFTER each FIRMWARE....is not my opinion, is the opinion of the ex-head of testing department that is now at Autel, Ken Booth...and I believe that the man that was running all testing department at DJI knows better the DJI drones than all "smart guys" here.

So...his words are:  

First thats Rubbish, second Ken no longer works at Autel. It seems he believes they know nothing about drones and Im certain he’s right.
With your dji drone you have a Manual read it and tell me where it says calibrate IMU after Firmware or software update. Then tell me why you would calibrate a perfectly calibrated IMU. Surely if your compass or IMU are in perfect working order you cannot improve this by calibrating. What you’re suggesting is nothing but an urban myth which comes without any foundation except “in the old days this is what people did”

Ken Booth was a moderator on this forum just like dji Stephen except he was known as dji Ken and another dji Forum before making a huge mistake and leaving dji for Autel were he lasted less than a few months. He wasn’t running all djis testing department another myth. And if he is this GURU your making him out to be why is he not working now. You are once again spreading ridiculous myths without an iota of proof or even a reason why.

Read below:

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surf as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ; certainly after any impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover in a level attitude in a windless environment.
2022-6-14
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-14 08:49
First thats Rubbish, second Ken no longer works at Autel. It seems he believes they know nothing about drones and Im certain he’s right.
With your dji drone you have a Manual read it and tell me where it says calibrate IMU after Firmware or software update. Then tell me why you would calibrate a perfectly calibrated IMU. Surely if your compass or IMU are in perfect working order you cannot improve this by calibrating. What you’re suggesting is nothing but an urban myth which comes without any foundation except “in the old days this is what people did”

As i said, i trust people that was inside not people that cannot say how to measure a transistor...
Cheers.
2022-6-14
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686706 ft
Slovakia

The new firmware (01.00.0800) is available for install. Fixed issue: IMU calibration.
2022-6-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-14 03:50

So...his words are:  

I haven't done and IMU ever on mine and no issues...I've learned to leave well enough alone as doing one thing screws up another.
2022-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-14 12:19
As i said, i trust people that was inside not people that cannot say how to measure a transistor...
Cheers.

What people on the inside, if you’re referring to Ken Booth, well hes very firmly on the outside. And one thing is very clear you are constantly spreading utter myth and crap that all you can say about it is “someone else told you” maybe you shouldn’t throw about stuff you actually don’t have a clue about.
2022-6-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 13:19
What people on the inside, if you’re referring to Ken Booth, well hes very firmly on the outside. And one thing is very clear you are constantly spreading utter myth and crap that all you can say about it is “someone else told you” maybe you shouldn’t throw about stuff you actually don’t have a clue about.

I forgot you are qualified to talk about IMU... )))
Keep reading definitions on Google, I am sure you will get to the part where IMU settings in some firmware will reset the registered values and you wonder why the drone was cuu-cuu...and yes, will not post any warning that need to recalibrate.
But what do I know, I work with only 14 drones each week.... ))))
2022-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-18 22:34
I forgot you are qualified to talk about IMU... )))
Keep reading definitions on Google, I am sure you will get to the part where IMU settings in some firmware will reset the registered values and you wonder why the drone was cuu-cuu...and yes, will not post any warning that need to recalibrate.
But what do I know, I work with only 14 drones each week.... ))))

My drone is fine. But you constantly whine about yours, maybe its having to do 7 IMUs in the last 7 months as per your ridiculous instructions on calibrating a perfectly good IMU.

I’m amazed you have 14 drones because you’re constantly complaining about them.
2022-6-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-19 08:14
My drone is fine. But you constantly whine about yours, maybe its having to do 7 IMUs in the last 7 months as per your ridiculous instructions on calibrating a perfectly good IMU.

I’m amazed you have 14 drones because you’re constantly complaining about them.

Actually 16, as I have also 2 DJI drones )))
But thanks for concern, I appreciate it !
2022-6-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not that I'm going to calibrate my IMU, but can the OP at least tell us if the .800 firmware has fixed his problem???
2022-6-20
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
France

Monkey007 Posted at 6-20 12:48
Not that I'm going to calibrate my IMU, but can the OP at least tell us if the .800 firmware has fixed his problem???

It did, I managed to successfully calibrate my IMU.
2022-6-20
Use props
JEBx4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2185 ft
Australia

*** THIS GUY LCCSDRONE MAKES SENSE. ***
https://lccsdrone.com/mavic-2-pro-imu-calibration-stuck/

You have to rotate the drone around its axes one position at a time, the green light will flash fast when each position is set:
0. Fold the arms in, and initiate the IMU calibration.
1. Stand the drone on its feet in the normal manner (green light will flash)
2. Lie the drone on its RIGHT side (green light will flash)
3. Lie the drone on its LEFT side (green light will flash)
4. Sit it on its end and point the camera up (green light will flash)
5. Lie it on its back, feet in the air (green light will flash)
6. Stand it on its feet again and you are finally done.

Solved for me. Gratitude to LCCSDrone.
2023-6-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

After reading your post I gave a try to calibrate the IMU.I am on the latest Firmware and all the updates etc. installed .Calibration gone very smootly and completed without giving any error message.
Btw I have  Mavic 3 Cine version with Pro Controller.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules