Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)
22421 48 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 8-17 14:54
Exact same problem here trying to update firmware on the original controller of my Mavic Air 2 (RC231). (For whatever reason I had no problem updating the aircraft itself!)  I just stumbled on this thread and have tried all three suggestions above with no success.  My fundamental problem is that my cell phone has no signal here at my house, nor anywhere nearby, so I really need my Wi-Fi to do the job.  To me as official support has been no help so far.  Still hoping... -- jclarkw

Hi there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It's a server error. Please make sure that the device can be connected to a stable Internet. Try to go to SkyPixel or DJI Academy to check whether the video can be played. If so, it indicates that the network is normal. You can also try to log out and log back in from your account. If the system displays that the network has been connected, and there is an error with the app network, please go to “System Settings” and check whether Internet access permission has been enabled for the app. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-18
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 02:25
Hi there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It's a server error. Please make sure that the device can be connected to a stable Internet. Try to go to SkyPixel or DJI Academy to check whether the video can be played. If so, it indicates that the network is normal. You can also try to log out and log back in from your account. If the system displays that the network has been connected, and there is an error with the app network, please go to “System Settings” and check whether Internet access permission has been enabled for the app. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks, Tony -- In fact I can play videos through DJI Fly at both sites using my home Wi-Fi, so I guess my Internet connection is sufficient to install firmware updates to the remote.

One follow-up please:  What do you mean by "go to 'System Settings'?"  I can't find any such thing in either DJI Fly or my iPhone settings...  Regards -- jclarkw
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 8-17 14:54
Exact same problem here trying to update firmware on the original controller of my Mavic Air 2 (RC231). (For whatever reason I had no problem updating the aircraft itself!)  I just stumbled on this thread and have tried all three suggestions above with no success.  My fundamental problem is that my cell phone has no signal here at my house, nor anywhere nearby, so I really need my Wi-Fi to do the job.  To me as official support has been no help so far.  Still hoping... -- jclarkw

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, you are trying to update the DJI RC-N1, right?
Could you please try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to do the update and check again? Link to the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downlo ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us updated.
2023-8-18
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-18 23:34
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, you are trying to update the DJI RC-N1, right?
Could you please try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to do the update and check again? Link to the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
Please keep us updated.

Dear Susan -- That's where I started.  If you really want to see the details, check out
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=293833&page=1
Maybe you will approach the problem with fresh eyes... -- jclarkw
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 8-18 15:46
Thanks, Tony -- In fact I can play videos through DJI Fly at both sites using my home Wi-Fi, so I guess my Internet connection is sufficient to install firmware updates to the remote.

One follow-up please:  What do you mean by "go to 'System Settings'?"  I can't find any such thing in either DJI Fly or my iPhone settings...  Regards -- jclarkw

Hi there. I meant your phone's Settings and then there should be an app section from the settings. Look for the Fly app and find "Permissions" and then check if Internet access is permitted. Thank you.
2023-8-20
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-20 20:02
Hi there. I meant your phone's Settings and then there should be an app section from the settings. Look for the Fly app and find "Permissions" and then check if Internet access is permitted. Thank you.

Dear Tony -- I recognize that description for Android, but here's all I can find on my iPhone 13 Pro (attached image).

I can turn them off, but I don't know how to add new ones. -- jclarkw
20230823-IMG_1052.jpg
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 8-23 13:16
Dear Tony -- I recognize that description for Android, but here's all I can find on my iPhone 13 Pro (attached image).
[view_image]
I can turn them off, but I don't know how to add new ones. -- jclarkw

I see. If you have already tried logging out and then logging back in the issue still persists. Is it possible to use a different phone?
2023-8-23
Use props
Scott.Boucher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1236972 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same issue, fixed by logging out of my account on the RC and logging back in, firmware check, and downloading then succeeded.
2023-8-24
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Scott.Boucher Posted at 8-24 03:26
I had the same issue, fixed by logging out of my account on the RC and logging back in, firmware check, and downloading then succeeded.

Thanks, Scott, but that didn't help me either.  (I know I'm communicating with DJI via my iPhone because I'm able to update the aircraft firmware, just not that of the controller.)  At this point I have to conclude that the controller is defective, though it's not clear how this might happen...) -- jclarkw
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules