Would unbranded props cause this
630 6 2022-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lordrodders
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all, I clipped a propeller on landing a few days back, replaced the props with some amazon unbranded ones and now wont hover / hold its position, seems to want to drop down. I was told i need the genuine DJI props for it to fly normal again is this true?
Ive done the IMU calibration, comprass calibraition, checked the motors to make sure tight and straight etc etc, getting no error messages on the app neither

Thanks in advance
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lordrodders. I am sorry to read and to what happened to your DJI Drone. It would be best to use a genuine propeller on your DJI Drone for compatibility and reliability purpose. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party propellers. Propellers is one of the main components of the DJI drone that should not be taken for granted when flying. In addition using 3rd party propellers might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones when when in use and when flying. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2022-6-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It really is false economy to use anything but the genuine DJI parts. And are you certain that the drone suffered no other damage at the time of your unfortunate incident with the drone?
2022-6-27
Use props
lordrodders
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 09:03
It really is false economy to use anything but the genuine DJI parts. And are you certain that the drone suffered no other damage at the time of your unfortunate incident with the drone?

See im pretty new to DJI drone so didnt think props would effect it that much.
When i clipped the prop on landing the prop hit a bar vausing it to snap, after looking at it and checking it i see no other damage.
Ive ordered some genuine DJI propellers so hopefully this will fix my problem.
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lordrodders Posted at 6-27 10:37
See im pretty new to DJI drone so didnt think props would effect it that much.
When i clipped the prop on landing the prop hit a bar vausing it to snap, after looking at it and checking it i see no other damage.
Ive ordered some genuine DJI propellers so hopefully this will fix my problem.

Best course of action. The non branded props may look the same, but if they're made of an inferior plastic they may flex more and not give the same lift.  Still double-check that's there's no other  damage to the drone. An impact can cause hidden damage to delicate components inside the machine.  Good luck in sorting it out.
2022-6-27
Use props
lordrodders
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 10:48
Best course of action. The non branded props may look the same, but if they're made of an inferior plastic they may flex more and not give the same lift.  Still double-check that's there's no other  damage to the drone. An impact can cause hidden damage to delicate components inside the machine.  Good luck in sorting it out.

Is they any programs or anything to check the drone or is it a case of sending it in for diagnostic?
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lordrodders Posted at 6-27 11:31
Is they any programs or anything to check the drone or is it a case of sending it in for diagnostic?

There may be such a diagnostic program but that is somethin about which I know very little. If you were to send it for diagnosis to DJI it might end up costing more that the drone is worth to get it repaired. I'm guessing it's too old to still have warranty or care refresh?   I'd wait for the official props and try again.  If all is well - problem solved.  If not, Heliguy in the N.E. of England are official DJI agents for spares and repairs.  They would do a diagnosis for you (for a fee) and an estimate of repair costs. But fingers crossed, it may not come to that.
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules