New Mavic Air 2 Firmware Released (09/25/2023)
31275 221 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans525ace6f
lvl.1

Spain

Ok, i know now! Thanks you!
2023-1-13
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hey DJI

If this is a joke,…………… not funny.  

For several hours I've been trying all variants with mobile phones, tablets, Android, IOS and PCs with Assistant 2 to update the Mavic Air 2 back to working condition!

But the junk can neither be updated to v01.01.0920 nor v01.01.1300! It still has exactly the same errors as firmware v01.01.1200!

What has DJI been working on for two weeks???
…….you simply wrote v01.01.1300 on the faulty firmware v01.01.1200?  

Bye….
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy
lvl.1
Israel

v01.01.1300 NOT WORKING!!!
Same result!!!!
Stuck on 83%
2023-1-13
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

dddji Posted at 1-13 11:45
Hey DJI

If this is a joke,…………… not funny.  

I knew this would happen. A drone stuck in DFU mode can't be brought back easily. This is also the reason why DH Client can't flash a new firmware to it either...

DJI, please add an option to clear firmware cache from DJI assistant.
2023-1-13
Use props
Martini290470
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5186040 ft
Netherlands

Here in the Netherlands, still the same problem. Tried everything, but the drone just hangs at 83% in the DJI Fly app and on the latest version of the Assistant 2, the download hangs again at 99%. I'm really getting fed up with DJI now. It's not normal that my MA2 was fucked up by DJI. are you willing to give everyone with this unsolvable problem a new drone? Finally you demolished them!!! Thanks DJI...
2023-1-13
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Had no problem updating. Went pretty smooth. Since I had no problems with 1200 update, it didn’t require remote or battery updates.
2023-1-13
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435112 ft

South Africa

djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy Posted at 1-13 12:06
v01.01.1300 NOT WORKING!!!
Same result!!!!
Stuck on 83%

Did you use DJI Assistant or DJI Fly, if you used both, which one did you start with?
2023-1-13
Use props
fans1e72001b
lvl.1
Mexico

Finally!!!
My MA2 finally update!!!
At first, the firmware updating didn't work on DJI Assistant for PC... for any of the firmwares, the previous one and the new one (13.00)
I tried using my Samsung S10+... AND IT WORKED!!!
Update every of my three batteries without any additional problem...

I couldn't proof it flies... however... tomorrow first hour morning I'll give it a shot... It will be my first flight as I received my drone after Xmas...

Hope everyone else manage to solve this problem by updating it via cellphone...

Greetings everyone and happy "droning"...
2023-1-13
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2

South Africa

Update: It finally flies without any issues. @DJiSupport, thank you for fixing the issues with the previous firmware, your efforts are appreciated.
2023-1-13
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Yes, Fran-Air...........It's a pity that you're finally leaving us now.
Nice that your toy works, we're happy, go play....
Unfortunately You are not contributing anything productive here!
Many friends still have dead drones, how it can be seen in the feedback.
Please go finite back and let DJI did solve the problem!
I've never seen anything as incompetent as DJI.
All still angry friends, have a nice weekend anyway.
We don't let DJI annoy us!
2023-1-14
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2

South Africa

dddji Posted at 1-14 01:38
Yes, Fran-Air...........It's a pity that you're finally leaving us now.
Nice that your toy works, we're happy, go play....
Unfortunately You are not contributing anything productive here!

Firstly, you are not contributing at all, all you are doing is trolling this  forum. Have you contacted DJI directly, have you created polls to gather information, no! All you did is whinge.

Change your attitude, and look for productive ways to communicate and find a solution, you might see that approach working alot better.

Anyways, I will still contribute to these forums where I can. I hope you get your aircraft sorted.

2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_5iNYruIyrsv2
New

United States

I can not get the new version to work on app it times out at 39% and says to retry. On flyassistanf2 it just sits at 57%. Sooo frustrating. Why would the new fixed release not work?
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy
lvl.1
Israel

Admins are you still working on a solution????
We still have the same issue!!!
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_1Zy0oQcXylPS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187644 ft
United States

Are there any plans for the Mavic air 2 have firmware upgrade for the remote ID requirement that’s coming down the line in September
2023-1-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fran - Air 2 Posted at 1-13 05:34
V01.01.1300 is available for upgrade. I managed to complete the upgrade with DJI assistant, have not flight tested it yet. Aircraft restarts about three times during the upgrade.
Don't forget to update the firmware for all of your batteries, otherwise you will have incompatability issues.

Thanks for the reminder on the batteries.  
2023-1-14
Use props
SlyT
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_5iNYruIyrsv2 Posted at 1-14 04:49
I can not get the new version to work on app it times out at 39% and says to retry. On flyassistanf2 it just sits at 57%. Sooo frustrating. Why would the new fixed release not work?

I had also 57% stuck on DJI Assistant. Also DJI Fly failure.
BUT
I uninstalled DJI Fly and installed it again (iOS) and then ... voilla !!! Upgrade process succedded !!!
I susspect that uninstall DJI Assistant, remove all left data (!) and install it again would work too.
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_5iNYruIyrsv2
New

United States

I've tried uninstalling the assistant as well as deleting the app.  This is insane to me
2023-1-14
Use props
snielsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 514265 ft
United States

Just updated to 01.01.1300 without any issues. Thanks DJI
2023-1-14
Use props
consultingasian
lvl.1
United States

Hi I have a Mavic Air 2 that is currently version 01.00.0130 and would like to update to the new 01.01.13.00 firmware but I keep getting stuck at 99% downloading the firmware on DJI assistant 2. I also used the DJI fly app and it stays stuck at 93% installing the firmware. I've restarted the drone and controller multiple times and I have yet to make any progress. Please help!!!
2023-1-14
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Good morning
I deleted Assistant 2 and reinstalled it again too.
You can forget.......
Download hangs at 99%.
Cancellation message after approx. 5-10 minutes.

Have a nice Sunday
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_5iNYruIyrsv2 Posted at 1-14 04:49
I can not get the new version to work on app it times out at 39% and says to retry. On flyassistanf2 it just sits at 57%. Sooo frustrating. Why would the new fixed release not work?

Hi, there. May we know if you still meet this problem?
If yes, you can use the (upgrade_tool) to solve this problem:
Here is the link: https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/WMWTK94NEpgKQJH
And the below details FYR:
1. Use the windows computer to download (upgrade_tool).
2. After the aircraft is turned on (without turning on the remote control), wait for about one minute before connecting to the computer.
3. Wait for the upgrade_tool execution and exit automatically.
4. Download the assistant software from the DJI official website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads Connect to the computer and use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) assistant software to upgrade the aircraft firmware to V01.01.1300 .
Please keep us updated if you still meet any problems.
Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy Posted at 1-14 05:39
Admins are you still working on a solution????
We still have the same issue!!!

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please check the suggestions on floor #141 and keep us updated?
Thank you in advance for your support.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

consultingasian Posted at 1-14 19:56
Hi I have a Mavic Air 2 that is currently version 01.00.0130 and would like to update to the new 01.01.13.00 firmware but I keep getting stuck at 99% downloading the firmware on DJI assistant 2. I also used the DJI fly app and it stays stuck at 93% installing the firmware. I've restarted the drone and controller multiple times and I have yet to make any progress. Please help!!!

Hi, there.
Could you please check the suggestions on floor #141 and keep us updated?
Thank you in advance for your support.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 01:11
Hi, there.
Could you please check the suggestions on floor #141 and keep us updated?

Downloaded and run the tool:

After it closed run the DA2 stuck on Downloading at 99%

Tried to run the app again then again run DA2 now it stuck on Updating 44%
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for your update and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please try the following suggestions and see if your problem can be resolved:
Shut down and restart the aircraft separately, wait until the yellow light of the rear arm flashes, plug in and remove the battery to restart the aircraft. Repeat the operation several times (8 times in theory) until the rear arm light blinks red or is steady on after the drone starts up. At this time, you can connect the computer and upgrade your firmware to the latest version (V01.01.1300).
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 03:20
Thanks for your update and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please try the following suggestions and see if your problem can be resolved:
Shut down and restart the aircraft separately, wait until the yellow light of the rear arm flashes, plug in and remove the battery to restart the aircraft. Repeat the operation several times (8 times in theory) until the rear arm light blinks red or is steady on after the drone starts up. At this time, you can connect the computer and upgrade your firmware to the latest version (V01.01.1300).

No luck wit this solution but I tried to run the upgrade_tool then connect to the DJI Fly and it worked

Thanks!!!
Can't verify the flying because its raining outside but no more errors or updates
2023-1-15
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hello friends,
We managed to update the Mavic Air 2 with firmware v01.01.1300.
Yeeeeees......
We can't say which thing was the decisive point, but it worked in the end.
I am happy to tell you what we have done:
……..oh yes, and thank you very much Natalia. Guess any tip helped.
1. As Natalia said, I think we unplugged the battery 8-9 times while the drone was running and plugged it back in after about 20-30 seconds with the LEDs on.
2. Then we cached the .EXE in TEMP via the link from Natalia the Update Tool. - https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/WMWTK94NEpgKQJH
3. Because Link started as you described, let the EXE run until it disappears by itself and then start Assistant 2.
4. Now start the drone and after about 1 minute connect it to the PC with the USB.
5. Then the drone selected, then the firmware v01.01.1300 started.
6. It starts downloading………..
7. ....and now it was getting exciting, we checked the drone after about 15-20 minutes, and now all LEDs were red and two on the battery were green, the assistant now showed transmission, the drone kept blinking different colors again, turned off and on again, and after about 30 minutes the update was complete. YUHUUUU……….
8. Then we tried what happens when we go to the APP with the remote control. So the app started, just booted up without the remote control, then deleted the memory in the info and deactivated the automatic updates for the time being.
9. Now we have started up the transmitter and, after about 1 minute, connected it to the mobile phone with the USB cable.
10. Now turn on the drone with the battery plugged in when updating.
11. Now the display showed "Firmware available for transmitter" and it worked perfectly here.
12. Everything is still connected and freshly updated. Now turn off the drone and plug in the next battery. Don't be alarmed, after about 30 seconds it says update firmware again, but that's only for the battery. Then you can also update the next battery in the same way.

Guys that was a tough operation......
I hope that I could really help you now and finally all MA2's can fly again.

Wish you all a nice evening.

Many greetings
DD

Ps……….. thanks again Natalia
2023-1-15
Use props
Lunado
lvl.2

Germany

dddji Posted at 1-15 08:13
Hello friends,
Yeeeeees......

.....it would be good to make a video on this, we would appreciate it.....
2023-1-15
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23394639 ft
United States

dddji Posted at 1-15 08:13
Hello friends,
Yeeeeees......

Wow, that's quite the tone change you have going there...

I guess you now know what DJI has been working on for 2 weeks.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_slRHv4jsWiMy Posted at 1-15 06:56
No luck wit this solution but I tried to run the upgrade_tool then connect to the DJI Fly and it worked
[view_image]
Thanks!!!

You are welcome, thanks for your update as well.
Should you have any more questions or needs, please just let us know.
2023-1-15
Use props
Martini290470
lvl.2
Netherlands

consultingasian Posted at 1-14 19:56
Hi I have a Mavic Air 2 that is currently version 01.00.0130 and would like to update to the new 01.01.13.00 firmware but I keep getting stuck at 99% downloading the firmware on DJI assistant 2. I also used the DJI fly app and it stays stuck at 93% installing the firmware. I've restarted the drone and controller multiple times and I have yet to make any progress. Please help!!!

I have exactly the same problems as you. I have firmware version v01.00.0130. On the Assistant, the download goes up to 99% and stops there. I really tried every way. On the Fly app it goes up to 83% and stays there. Already tried everything. I think there's nothing more they can do for us. Thank you DJI!!!
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_3FypC9104GwR
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,
the procedure was successful only for iOS, but it doesn't work on android. the SAPR was succeffully update but the Rc (on android) doesn't work.
How can I fix it?
Thanks
2023-1-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Martini290470 Posted at 1-16 01:56
I have exactly the same problems as you. I have firmware version v01.00.0130. On the Assistant, the download goes up to 99% and stops there. I really tried every way. On the Fly app it goes up to 83% and stays there. Already tried everything. I think there's nothing more they can do for us. Thank you DJI!!!

Did you try the steps in this post?
2023-1-16
Use props
Martini290470
lvl.2
Netherlands

Scces here!!!! Woehee!!! only with the tool and assistant (Windows) . Didn't need a phone An update is available right away, but let's not do that. Good luck everyone!!! it's not difficult.
2023-1-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hMrZDdVoXCpq Posted at 2022-12-31 07:27
Have been trying to update for four days via app and laptop. This “update” now has made an expensive drone useless. It is beyond ridiculous.

If your drone was working why did you update
2023-1-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-3 12:28
I said on this thread 5 days ago updating this firmware wasn't a good idea. DJIs new business model is based around making people upgrade to a newer drone when they don't need to. Just like Apple tried a few years ago with slowing the iPhones CPU in firmware updates. Why do you think there's no plan to bring RID to the Mavic Air 2? Because DJI will use that as a reason for us MA2 owners to HAVE to upgrade if we want to fly legally. They have no reason to add features to the MA2 via firmware. If your current firmware is good. DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!

People will never learn. It is some weird belief that they might be missing out.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
2023-1-16
Use props
Fran - Air 2
lvl.2

South Africa

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-16 22:57
People will never learn. It is some weird belief that they might be missing out.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

You cannot be more wrong. Why would they have released a fix for the problematic firmware?  
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Martini290470 Posted at 1-16 01:56
I have exactly the same problems as you. I have firmware version v01.00.0130. On the Assistant, the download goes up to 99% and stops there. I really tried every way. On the Fly app it goes up to 83% and stays there. Already tried everything. I think there's nothing more they can do for us. Thank you DJI!!!

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we confirm if you tried the steps on the floor #141 and #145?
If not, could you please try it and keep us updated if you meet any problems?
Please don't worry, we will do our best to help.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_3FypC9104GwR Posted at 1-16 03:45
Hello,
the procedure was successful only for iOS, but it doesn't work on android. the SAPR was succeffully update but the Rc (on android) doesn't work.
How can I fix it?

Hi, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience.
Could you please check the solution on floor #141 and #145?
Please let us know if you meet any problems, it would be nice if you can send us a related video.
Thank you in advance.
2023-1-17
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

just updated 01.01.1300 smoothly using dji ass 2 (windows)
2023-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules