New Mavic Air 2 Firmware Released (09/25/2023)
31265 221 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I also just updated to V01.01.1300, everything works fine (haven't flown yet). Needed to go through all the batteries, all of them needed update, so make sure to do that. I used DJI Fly to update.
2023-1-17
Use props
fans525ace6f
lvl.1

United States

I have already updated the drone.
Simple explanation in two steps:
1. Follow in the footsteps of Natalia
2. It is important to extract the battery 8-9 times in the manner indicated by Natalia.
(In my case, if I only did step one without considering removing the battery 8-9 times, the update was unsuccessful.)

Thanks a lot Natalia, Muchas gracias!
2023-1-17
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

I flew with the new firmware, everything is great again! Thanks, DJI!
2023-1-17
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Yaros1 Posted at 1-17 05:39
I also just updated to V01.01.1300, everything works fine (haven't flown yet). Needed to go through all the batteries, all of them needed update, so make sure to do that. I used DJI Fly to update.

if update from last previous fw, then no get message for update battery.
2023-1-17
Use props
rooller71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

kiminx Posted at 1-17 18:33
if update from last previous fw, then no get message for update battery.

So am I! So if there is no message then there is no update!?
2023-1-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

rooller71 Posted at 1-18 23:06
So am I! So if there is no message then there is no update!?

Correct.
2023-1-19
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

DavidSchmitt Posted at 1-24 18:26
Hello guys i new member this forum the best

welcome bro!
2023-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DavidSchmitt Posted at 1-24 18:26
Hello guys i new member this forum the best

Welcome to the forum.  Great place to get and give help.  Also excellent place to post your photos and videos for others to enjoy.  Which drone do you have?
2023-1-25
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Upgraded to V01.01.1300 no problem and went flying, no problem.   Process took about 10 minutes via PC USB connection to drone.
2023-1-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did the update with the MA2 while on vacation on the pearl in the Indian Ocean. Wow, previously only flown more than 2 km with the RC, never more than 500/600 m with the SC. Now I can fly more than 2 km with the SC without any problems. Good job DJI!
2023-1-29
Use props
N3NTJ
lvl.1
United States

JPLDronePhotos Posted at 2022-12-29 17:25
Any word when or if the Mavic Air 2 will have remote ID in the United States?

My question, too!  Hopefully DJI announces or rolls out a software or firmware update before the FAA deadline to make the Mavic Air 2 be in compliance so we don't need a 3rd party add-on.
2023-2-2
Use props
Lunado
lvl.2

Slovakia

So ok, the upgrade was successful. I only did today because I was on the road. The tool_upgrade application is not now available. Luckily, I downloaded it when it was available. It was not necessary to remove the battery. Done in 5 minutes.
I don't thank DJI. He fixed what he broke. I'm always in the red. 30 charge the battery unnecessarily. A holiday in the nerves. Hours and hours of wasted time. Many shots that I will not repeat.
That's how my first and last update with DJI turned out.
2023-2-4
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

nice. Thanks
2023-2-9
Use props
Holmey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

And this update has broken my drone, while the camera links, non of the controls work, 9the day before I have a job for it too), perhaps I need to buy a different brand drone, one where the manufacturer checks updates before then launch them, especially as this last update has cost me money from a lost job

Holmey
2023-2-21
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I did the update for the Smart Controller, and afterward as I put different batteries in the Mavic Air2 it updated each battery.
2023-2-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji.
2023-2-26
Use props
ILS
lvl.1
Germany

What should I be missing with my Air2 still on firmware 01.01.0610?
2023-3-26
Use props
Chris Kaye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1807690 ft
United States

ILS Posted at 3-26 07:04
What should I be missing with my Air2 still on firmware 01.01.0610?

Nothing, whatever you do leave it alone.  I wish I could go back.
Edit:  I did go back, very happy my Air 2 is flying like new again.
2023-3-28
Use props
ILS
lvl.1
Germany

Chris Kaye Posted at 3-28 05:11
Nothing, whatever you do leave it alone.  I wish I could go back.
Edit:  I did go back, very happy my Air 2 is flying like new again.

How did you go back?

Except of depinning this thread, no DJI-Moderator did ever explain any advantage of the so called "Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability" of any firmware update, as far as I know.

Maybe instead pilots can report differences after firmware updates?

I experienced my Air2 flying much slower in low altitude after I updated the firmware to 01.01.0610.

2023-4-8
Use props
Chris Kaye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1807690 ft
United States

ILS Posted at 4-8 14:27
How did you go back?

Except of depinning this thread, no DJI-Moderator did ever explain any advantage of the so called "Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability" of any firmware update, as far as I know.

My experience with the new firmware was all bad.  The OA didn't work correctly, the RTH didn't work correctly...the list goes on and on.  Going back to 01.01.0610 completely fixed every issue I had.  Drone is flawless, just like it should be.
2023-4-10
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Chris Kaye Posted at 4-10 03:36
My experience with the new firmware was all bad.  The OA didn't work correctly, the RTH didn't work correctly...the list goes on and on.  Going back to 01.01.0610 completely fixed every issue I had.  Drone is flawless, just like it should be.

Chris, Well done on the firmware solution!

Are you planning to share the secret of how to restore our Mavic Air 2 back to the original firmware so we can all enjoy the same reliable performance?
Thanks. John
2023-4-10
Use props
Tuss W
New
Flight distance : 2340358 ft
Hong Kong

My RC-N1 display N/A on firmware field , even I used DJI fly app and DJI assistant stil no luck. What’s should I do ?
2023-5-5
Use props
spacecowboy_headcount
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1308924 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris Kaye Posted at 4-10 03:36
My experience with the new firmware was all bad.  The OA didn't work correctly, the RTH didn't work correctly...the list goes on and on.  Going back to 01.01.0610 completely fixed every issue I had.  Drone is flawless, just like it should be.

How did you revert your firmware to an earlier version?
2023-5-12
Use props
lawlesslee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 666 ft

Turkey

hi natalie i am having update problem on my air 2 drone. It gets stuck at 57% and doesn't update. Can you send me the upgrade tool?
2023-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for adding support for RID requirements.  Saves me from having to buy a 3rd party RID add on.  
2023-9-27
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Thank you for adding the remote ID capability for the Air 2. Update without any issues, got the remote ID serial number and reported on the FAA drone zone.
2023-9-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Hey, can anyone confirm, does this update also active Remote ID in EU territory or only in US.
2023-9-27
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I’m waiting for the DJI Fly app to be updated first. Just checked and no update for IOS. I've updated to every firmware version since August 2020 and never had any issues. I know some hate updating but just not as scary as a very small amount report. My MA2 has about 100 hours of flights of which about 36 hours has been flown fully autonomous with Dronelink. Too each their own though. Make sure you use the DJI assistant 2 (consumer drone series) PC software. The older one which it used a long time ago was the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic series which won't work correctly.. Enjoy.....
2023-9-28
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

motia Posted at 9-27 08:22
Thank you for adding the remote ID capability for the Air 2. Update without any issues, got the remote ID serial number and reported on the FAA drone zone.

How/where did you get the RID serial number?
2023-9-28
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-28 16:43
How/where did you get the RID serial number?

It’s the aircraft’s serial number.
2023-9-28
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-28 20:59
It’s the aircraft’s serial number.

Okay, I found it using Menu, About, Remote ID and it is no where close to the aircraft serial number.
2023-9-29
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-29 06:33
Okay, I found it using Menu, About, Remote ID and it is no where close to the aircraft serial number.

Yeah. Sorry about that but apparently its differnt then the other drones. It looks like DJI had to use the same serial number series as the Air 3. I know orignally the serial numbers on the MA2's would not work for RFID. Anyway, all good....
2023-9-29
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Just updated my MA2 firmware without any issues in about 10 minutes. For those who are having issues I'd suggest a few things to see if it helps. You should not need to jump through hoops.

1. Don't use the DJI Fly app through WiFi. Use the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drones series) PC software and connected directly to the router via LAN cable. Using WiFi may work majority of time but anything can happen when using a wireless signal to download data and a hard line connection you will give you a more stable and possibly faster transfer rate.

2. Uninstal the DJI Assistant software and download the newest version directly from the DJI download center. As far as I know there is no way to update the software other then downloading the newer version. The software would not recognize my new Air 3 and said it was incorrect even though it was. I uninstalled, then downloaded and installed the newest version and it then connected and worked with my Air 3 as well. So just be cause it's the correct series software it doesn't mean it's the most current version.

3. I only use the USB 3.0 port on my computer. It may work with 2.0's but transfer rate will be slower and possibly depending on what PC you use could be an issue. Make sure the USB drivers are up to date and shows no errors. Make sure the cable your using is the proper type. Some are for charging only and will not transfer data or if they do they may be a cheap cable and you may have issues.

4. Always check the controller as well as all batteries. The firmware updates may not always apply to both of these but you should check everything anyway.

Maybe some of this will help. If not it doesn't hurt to take a bit more time to make sure everything is correct. Good luck everyone.

2023-9-29
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-29 09:48
Just updated my MA2 firmware without any issues in about 10 minutes. For those who are having issues I'd suggest a few things to see if it helps. You should not need to jump through hoops.

1. Don't use the DJI Fly app through WiFi. Use the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drones series) PC software and connected directly to the router via LAN cable. Using WiFi may work majority of time but anything can happen when using a wireless signal to download data and a hard line connection you will give you a more stable and possibly faster transfer rate.

Thanks for the good tips.  My question:  with the new firmware is my MA2 in compliance with the FAA Remote ID mandate?  Is my MA2 now broadcasting the required information?  If I am flying in southern Utah, in all likelihood will there be any receiver picking up my broadcasts?  And finally, will this firmware meet European standards?
2023-9-29
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

After the first firmware install, I noticed each time I changed batteries I got an "Install Firmware" message.  After installing the firmware again, the message disappeared.  I did that for all my batteries.  Anyone else have this happen?
2023-9-29
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-29 17:09
After the first firmware install, I noticed each time I changed batteries I got an "Install Firmware" message.  After installing the firmware again, the message disappeared.  I did that for all my batteries.  Anyone else have this happen?

Usually due to either not updating the controller and/ or all batteries.
2023-9-29
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-29 11:12
Thanks for the good tips.  My question:  with the new firmware is my MA2 in compliance with the FAA Remote ID mandate?  Is my MA2 now broadcasting the required information?  If I am flying in southern Utah, in all likelihood will there be any receiver picking up my broadcasts?  And finally, will this firmware meet European standards?

Should be broadcasting but the chance of anyone using an app and seeing it is slim to none. IOS devices won’t work with any RFID app at this point and not all Android OS device manufactures work on all of the apps. Also we are still waiting for the FAA to approve both the MA2 and the new Air 3. Still not listed on the FAA’s Declaration of Compliance. Got till March 2024 now so I’m not going to worry about it. I have no idea about the EU. Enjoy.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-29 09:48

Hi, Wyldwestaz10. Thank you for sharing these tips. These will surely help other users when updating their firmware. In addition to this, I'll just leave here the download link of the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series): (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-air-2).
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rustic17 Posted at 9-29 17:09

Hi, Rustic17. Thank you for reaching out. This is normal as all intelligent flight battery firmware has to be updated.
2023-9-30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5152533 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took a couple of reboots bt works fine and is seen on the drone scanner app. Thank you.I am glad we are compliant so quickly.
2023-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules