Camera stuck in close-up focus
2017 6 2022-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattgia
lvl.1
United States

My camera seems to be stuck in the closest-up focus setting. It will not focus farther than right in front of itself, with autofocus or manual focus scrolled all the way out. It also keeps jumping back into manual focus when I select autofocus.

I have tried recalibrating the vision system twice, reset the camera settings, recalibrated the gimbal, and downgraeded then upgraded again my firmware. None of this has work. Please help with my best course of action - is there something I can try, do to the camera, etc... - or do I need to send it in for repair.

I recently crashed the drone and it sustained no damage, everything is normal, except this issue is occuring. I have a bunch of shoots scheduled for this week so I would appreciate any urgent help. Thanks so much.
IMG_3638-min.jpeg
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-7-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like your crash may have caused some damage which may not be visible to the naked eye. The gimbal and lens are pretty sensitive instruments, even though designed for a robust environment.
2022-7-19
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564288 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue but I haven't crashed it.  This simply started happening recently.  I've been quoted £600 for a camera and gimbal replacement, the drone isn't even worth that.  

Is this likely to be a fault with the camera itself?  If so I could buy a second hand camera and replace myself right?

Cheers,
George
2022-7-21
Use props
mattgia
lvl.1
United States

vwjones Posted at 7-21 03:02
I'm having the same issue but I haven't crashed it.  This simply started happening recently.  I've been quoted £600 for a camera and gimbal replacement, the drone isn't even worth that.  

Is this likely to be a fault with the camera itself?  If so I could buy a second hand camera and replace myself right?

The DJI repair team quoted you this?
I would assume it could be a simple component within the camera causing it, maybe you don’t need and entirely new one.
2022-7-21
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564288 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An authorised DJI repair centre in the UK.  I haven't tried to contact DJI directly yet.
(EDIT)

Now I've arranged a repair with DJI but they cannot give me any estimates on price and cannot even tell me how much it would cost me for them to return my drone!  Pretty awful service.  

Although they have now emailed to say I'm a loyal customer so they have provided postage for the outbound trip.
2022-7-21
Use props
DanMavicPro
New

United States

vwjones Posted at 2022-7-21 04:00
An authorised DJI repair centre in the UK.  I haven't tried to contact DJI directly yet.
(EDIT)

Hardware Original Mavic Pro (No Mods).  Broke ribbon cable to front cameras when taking apart to redo rubber bands for gimbal led me to the problem.

I had the same experience after replacing my front sensing cameras.  No Focus, No gimbal control, Fuzzy 4:3 "Normal Mode" no HD.  Took it back part again, unseated and reseated the Gimbal 1 and Gimbal two ribbon cables.  Worked, so put the rest of the screws back and will cross my fingers when it gets in the air.  Before hand I also Used Assistant 2 to update Remote Controller and Mavic Pro seperately. to latest firmware possible, and factory reset everything.

Phew.
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules