Mapping apps for DJI Smart Controller and Air 2S Combo
4148 6 2022-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positivepill
lvl.1

Peru

Hello everyone, I have recently acquired a "DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo (DJI Smart Controller)" I have been looking for information on how to do terrain mapping and unfortunately there is not much information on how to do it.

I found some apps that are compatible with the Smart Controler but not with the Air 2S and I also found apps that are compatible with the Air 2S but not with the Smart Controler.

Please if someone could guide me what would be the best solution (other than buying a new drone or another control )

Best regards

2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Positivepill. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Air 2S with the DJI Smart Controller can share and give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that you can download third-party applications through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card of the DJI Smart Controller. ( DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. ). Thank you.
2022-7-31
Use props
Positivepill
lvl.1

Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-31 19:36
Hello there Positivepill. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Air 2S with the DJI Smart Controller can share and give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that you can download third-party applications through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card of the DJI Smart Controller. ( DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. ). Thank you.

Thnx @DJI Stephen ,
I have a query, searching for alternatives, they recommended me to install the following Pix4Dcapture and DroneDeploy apps on the Smart Controller, but after reading a bit I was surprised that they were not compatible (Pix4Dcapture was not compatible with the DJI Air 2s and DroneDeploy was not compatible) with Smart Controller). So I've deleted both.

Do you recommend that I reset the Smart Controller?
best regards

2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Positivepill Posted at 8-1 09:06
Thnx @DJI Stephen ,
I have a query, searching for alternatives, they recommended me to install the following Pix4Dcapture and DroneDeploy apps on the Smart Controller, but after reading a bit I was surprised that they were not compatible (Pix4Dcapture was not compatible with the DJI Air 2s and DroneDeploy was not compatible) with Smart Controller). So I've deleted both.

Hi there Positivepill. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. It would be best to reset or restore the DJI Smart Controller to its original factory settings. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
FlyCoin
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

better - I think to use "Drone Harmony"  - there are free features and paid!
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_srY1UJbjjAUo
New

Ireland

I have a smart controller and it was difficult tryign to find something that works for surveying. I have a found a way though, luckily. DJI Pilot App can be used. I have a mavic 2 pro and smart controller. I cant find any other app that works for mapping but DJI Pilot is doign the trick. Howrver, thee is one glithchy thing... the app disappears upon restart of the controller every time. S oit must be re-installed. This takes a minute or so and is not the worst thing in the world. The app would already be downloaded in the file manager and you dont lose any of your settings i.e., camera spec etc.
2023-2-19
Use props
Tim.Rhind
lvl.1

Thailand

djiuser_srY1UJbjjAUo Posted at 2023-2-19 15:46
I have a smart controller and it was difficult tryign to find something that works for surveying. I have a found a way though, luckily. DJI Pilot App can be used. I have a mavic 2 pro and smart controller. I cant find any other app that works for mapping but DJI Pilot is doign the trick. Howrver, thee is one glithchy thing... the app disappears upon restart of the controller every time. S oit must be re-installed. This takes a minute or so and is not the worst thing in the world. The app would already be downloaded in the file manager and you dont lose any of your settings i.e., camera spec etc.

DJI Pilot PE, no longer works.  It won't show the map on the screen to plan the route.
2-28 23:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules