18399 187 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PietPompies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145315 ft

South Africa

The Saint Posted at 12-26 17:24
"Waypoints on the MINI 3 PRO would be a mere expansion of the already existing waypoint capability in Hyperlapse."

was waypoints on the MAVIC 3 just a "mere expansion" of the already existing waypoint capability in hyperlapse?

As far as I understand, it only required a firmware upgrade, to introduce another functionality called "Waypoints" to the MAVIC 3? Could a firmware upgrade do the same for the MAVIC MINI 3 PRO perhaps?
2022-12-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-27 12:08
As far as I understand, it only required a firmware upgrade, to introduce another functionality called "Waypoints" to the MAVIC 3? Could a firmware upgrade do the same for the MAVIC MINI 3 PRO perhaps?

never mind;  merry christmas!
2022-12-27
Use props
Kostas-T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418576 ft
Greece

I agree! DJI Team, please consider having a software upgrade to support Waypoint missions on DJI Mini 3 Pro.
2022-12-31
Use props
Patrioka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 700020 ft
Mexico

+1 For Waypoints Mini 3 Pro
2023-1-3
Use props
Patrioka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 700020 ft
Mexico

The waypoints are essential to establish reproducible flight paths to film complex maneuvers. Now the only way to film a complex path is to fly it manually and hope it gets it right. Strangely, it's there in Hyperlapse mode, but not in normal flight mode so you need to enable it.
2023-1-5
Use props
Jim Østman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88593 ft
Norway

+1

This feature would be such a great addition to the already great featureset of the Mavic Mini 3 pro. So great that I wouldn’t mind a framerate limitiation down to 30fps and even a shorter batterlife, in this mode.

It would make the drone (and user) more pro by
- improved safety (can focus on watching the drone to avoid crashes, instead of having your head buried into the controller for the same smooth shot)
- more efficient shots (less trial and error)
2023-1-8
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoints for mini 3 pro. Freaking yes please +1000
2023-1-8
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Come on DJI, put your finger out and give us what we want.
Cruise Control too.

2023-1-8
Use props
wrybread
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490932 ft
United States

I just bought the Mini 3 Pro assuming it would have waypoint flight, I'm a little shocked that it doesn't. That makes it about half as useful to me overall.

Please DJI, implement this feature!
2023-1-12
Use props
SDRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53196 ft
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2022-12-24 06:03
Although I don't know this for a fact, I believe the waypoints will NEVER (at least natively by DJI) be available on the "lesser " drones.
First off, they would want a feature to have on the "high-end"/more expensive drone to set it apart from the others.
Secondly and even more important, IMHO, is the almost 360-degree obstacle avoidance in the Mavic 3. The lesser drones don't have that kind of sensing so it is better to not have those doing autonomous longer-distance/out-of-visual-range flights without complete sensor coverage to stop it if it gets too near something. Let's face it, autonomous waypoint flights will enable an operator to set it up and fly without constant attention to the screen and although most operators will set up a waypoint flight above/away from potential obstacles, there will always be those that don't.

Put me in for a +1.
It would be an awesome feature.
2023-1-12
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3848471 ft
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2022-9-2 10:21
ok i get it now.

it's kinda like buying a 2wd vw rabbit and then demanding that vw unlock the block they have that only allowed 2 wheels to drive the car and let all 4 wheels spin (4wd) so you can cross the appalachian mountains during using the gravel trail instead of the paved highway.  and on top of that, why don't vw let you swap out the 12" wheels for the rugged knobby tires that are only offered in 16" or greater so please vw fix your car computer so it doesn't screw up when you blow up the wheel size and rub the fenders when it rotates.  and you want vw to do all of this for you....for free; nevermind a business called tennessee backcountry outfitters who offers this service (not for free) for all cars if you pay them and they can get the specs from vw.  or you can go ahead and buy the vw outback xlt model which is suitable for off-road experiences in the first place.

ma stai zitto lecca culo di DJI
2023-1-13
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3848471 ft
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2022-8-30 19:29
hi blue sky, unfortunately you'll have to work for the firm in order to get the things that you ask for.  i understand the phrase "customers know best" but i actually think you might be taking it a bit too far.  what you are asking for is not unreasonable but it's not likely for the particular product you are asking about.  if you want these things, go out and get them....where they are available....with another product.  it's not as if you can demand these things in the model of your choice....the firm creates the product with the feature set and the offerings within the scope of their own choosing.  it's their choice and as a customer you vote with your dollars.  don't get me wrong, it's ok to ask but try not to make it sounds like demands or pretend like someone is working against you or holding out on you only looking towards profits.  the mini 3 pro is not a cadillac it's a mercedes and it's not meant to cruise around on autopilot as you are immersed in a pair of dreamy goggles.  that costs more money and frankly the target market shouldnt have to pay more for something only a few people want.  anyway if they made a mini 3.5 fpv and tried to sell it for $1500 as you described, hell you prob wouldnt even buy it and dji would be left holding the bag.  i know i might get a couple of tds for this but the truth hurts i guess.

Smettila di srivere cazzate
2023-1-13
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't switch from your old Mavic Pro for any kind of SDK Support!!!  Stay away from the Mavic 3 line and Mini 3 line until DJI states they will support it. As of now, the answer is a resounding "NO Support Planned" response.

See my video - this video is mostly about lack of SDK:

2023-1-13
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

webfreak Posted at 1-13 09:34
Don't switch from your old Mavic Pro for any kind of SDK Support!!!  Stay away from the Mavic 3 line and Mini 3 line until DJI states they will support it. As of now, the answer is a resounding "NO Support Planned" response.

Free returns are for unopened boxes only no?
2023-1-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tatyfly Posted at 1-13 05:13
Smettila di srivere cazzate

my translate doesnt work with vulgar language.

i wont hate on you; you'll get plenty of feedback from your other posts.  
2023-1-13
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Element115 Posted at 1-13 11:07
Free returns are for unopened boxes only no?

Amazon will let you return anything so long as you haven't damaged it or it doesn't appear damaged.  I purchased the DJI Avata with the Fly Smart package and realized the goggles 2 that shipped with it doesn't have head tracking (I only found that answer here on dji forums) then I returned that one after purchasing the avata with the head tracking.  Amazon received, refunded no questions asked.  

Almost all of their product listings will tell you "Free Returns for 30 Days" but when I bought mine in November/December the return policy is until January 31st.  Just gotta ship it before that date and the clock is winding down.  Most likely going to send back the Mavic 3.
2023-1-13
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 1-13 11:59
Amazon will let you return anything so long as you haven't damaged it or it doesn't appear damaged.  I purchased the DJI Avata with the Fly Smart package and realized the goggles 2 that shipped with it doesn't have head tracking (I only found that answer here on dji forums) then I returned that one after purchasing the avata with the head tracking.  Amazon received, refunded no questions asked.  

Almost all of their product listings will tell you "Free Returns for 30 Days" but when I bought mine in November/December the return policy is until January 31st.  Just gotta ship it before that date and the clock is winding down.  Most likely going to send back the Mavic 3.

Ah, I'm buying my drones from Amazon from now on!
2023-1-13
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Element115 Posted at 1-13 12:50
Ah, I'm buying my drones from Amazon from now on!

Amazon also paid for the shipping and boxing. All I had to do was put the avata back in the original box and drop it off at a UPS Dropoff point which took 3 minutes or less.
2023-1-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still waiting.
2023-1-16
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

wrybread Posted at 1-12 17:07
I just bought the Mini 3 Pro assuming it would have waypoint flight, I'm a little shocked that it doesn't. That makes it about half as useful to me overall.

Please DJI, implement this feature!

So you didn’t do your research before your purchase and your upset that the feature isn’t included?
2023-1-16
Use props
jmto81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30092 ft
Finland

Rainbow Drones Posted at 1-16 14:25
So you didn’t do your research before your purchase and your upset that the feature isn’t included?

When I bought my M3P, there was promise to have SDK, so one could use 3rd party apps for it.

This promise was broken and here we are.
2023-1-16
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still waiting.
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_eNXqOyywcMv4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3937844 ft
United States

Yeah I sold Mavic two pro in order to get the mini three pro because of the portability. When I got it, I discovered no way points. I am truly disappointed and hope that they would add this.
2023-1-24
Use props
iomkeith
New
United Kingdom

I'm a relative newcomer to the world of drones. I originally bought a Mini 2. This year, I want to do a project that will involve flying the same route, repeatedly, roughly once a week over a four to six-month period. I'd created a 'mission' for the Mini 2. Then I decided to get a Mini3 Pro, due to the better quality camera.

I 'assumed' that the 'Mini 3 Pro' would do everything that the 'Mini 2' did, but with better video quality. Why wouldn't it? It is an upgrade, after all?

I now find out that instead of selling the Mini 2, as planned, I need to keep it, because it does Missions (via Litchi) while my 'new and improved' drone, is actually 'new, but inferior'.

Yes, as they say, to 'assume' makes an ASS of U and ME.
Yes, it is my fault for not checking.

But it is an expensive mistake unless DJI allow Litchi the means to update their software pretty soon, as I now have to keep two drones, as the cheaper, older, original does something important that the new one can't (or, more accurately, DJI won't allow?)  
2023-1-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iomkeith Posted at 1-30 15:34
I'm a relative newcomer to the world of drones. I originally bought a Mini 2. This year, I want to do a project that will involve flying the same route, repeatedly, roughly once a week over a four to six-month period. I'd created a 'mission' for the Mini 2. Then I decided to get a Mini3 Pro, due to the better quality camera.

I 'assumed' that the 'Mini 3 Pro' would do everything that the 'Mini 2' did, but with better video quality. Why wouldn't it? It is an upgrade, after all?

....but you had to have known that a 3rd party software app that specifically lists the drone that it works with certainly cannot work with every dji drone on the market now and later.  in order for a person to buy litchi, they have to first specifically make sure their drone is listed and the list is short and it is updated infrequently.  nobody would assume a new drone would get listed right away, even the mini2 took time to get added....to any 3rd party sw.  they even go out of their way to alert:

"Litchi is *NOT* compatible with Mini 3 and Mavic 3 as DJI has not released a developer SDK for these drone models yet."

it's not dji software and like all other sw on the planet, nobody makes such compatible assumption, it's not productive.  regardless, you could discover this on day one and return the drone if it doesn't work for you and choose from a dozen other drones that actually suit you needs; why is that so hard?  if you are doing a project with your drones, you are likely part 107 and in order to do well in the business, sometimes you gotta choose the right tools.  relying on the dji mini series drone will eventually have limitations for you.

my own personal opinion and no disrespect but it sounds more like some type of strange way to convince dji to release the sdk, i dunno.
2023-1-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-30 18:53
....but you had to have known that a 3rd party software app that specifically lists the drone that it works with certainly cannot work with every dji drone on the market now and later.  in order for a person to buy litchi, they have to first specifically make sure their drone is listed and the list is short and it is updated infrequently.  nobody would assume a new drone would get listed right away, even the mini2 took time to get added....to any 3rd party sw.  they even go out of their way to alert:

"Litchi is *NOT* compatible with Mini 3 and Mavic 3 as DJI has not released a developer SDK for these drone models yet."

The problem is, DJI stated that there would be an SDK release for the Mini 3 Pro, at the time folks bought the drone with this understanding in mind thus expecting Litchi to have an update for the Mini 3 Pro in the near future.

Then DJI decided that is not going to happen anymore, so, who was in the wrong, DJI for misleading or the consumer for being misled?
2023-1-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-30 19:33
The problem is, DJI stated that there would be an SDK release for the Mini 3 Pro, at the time folks bought the drone with this understanding in mind thus expecting Litchi to have an update for the Mini 3 Pro in the near future.

Then DJI decided that is not going to happen anymore, so, who was in the wrong, DJI for misleading or the consumer for being misled?

i don't think the poster said he was relying on this.  i got a different vibe from him; my bad.  

i bought a car a long time ago with a navigation system that relied on dvds and the manufacturer promised annual updates (to the poi and road info).

lessons learned.  can't really comment about being "misled."
2023-1-30
Use props
iomkeith
New
United Kingdom

Captain: I didn't realise that Litchi was so limited in the drones supported. I bought it on the basis of Youtube videos that recommended it. I assumed that the Mini 3 Pro would do everything the Mini 2 did, but with a better camera.

Instead, it does less, with a better camera.

I accept that it is 'my mistake', but expecting an 'upgrade' ['expensive upgrade'] to do everything that the previous model did, and more, is probably a reasonable expectation of most things.

PS: The planned project is for personal use entirely.
2023-1-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iomkeith Posted at 1-31 12:26
Captain: I didn't realise that Litchi was so limited in the drones supported. I bought it on the basis of Youtube videos that recommended it. I assumed that the Mini 3 Pro would do everything the Mini 2 did, but with a better camera.

Instead, it does less, with a better camera.

i hear you and i'm not blaming you.  for the most part you are correct, when dji launches a drone, the subsequent drone should do more than the previous drone particularly when it's within their control.  litchi is not a dji product so ymmv, it's all up to litchi to decide which drones get what features (based on inputs/sdk/etc).   in this case, if dji cuts them off, nothing they can do.  like a lot of drone apps these days, the apps are very very specific especially the ones that control the drone.  you have to check by model number and sometimes by software version.  with litchi, you have to use a different litchi app for different platforms like ios or android.  so i wouldn't call it limited but it's definitely not unlimited.  i think we will all get a surprise and one day those drones will be supported.  dji drones are not wholly defined by whether they support waypoints or not.  even without litchi/waypoints, the m3p is 10 times the drone mini2 but i agree if you need waypoints specifically, mini2 is your best bet of the two.  like you, i kept the mini2 despite buying the m3p.  good luck with your planned project, recreational pilots are supposed to fly for fun only but i recognize various personal use cases are a thing.
2023-1-31
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still waiting.
2023-2-4
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2022-8-3 01:28
+1 Its labelled "Pro" in my opinion it should have waypoints.

Yes, if it's really "Pro"  It should be able to be used by a Professional with a Part 107 remote pilot certification to do work.  I'm not interested in TikTok on my RC Controller.  I just want a PDF reader so that I can read my sectional charts for example.  Some vetted automation programs should be available, etc.
2023-2-5
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also literally every cheap Amazon drone that has gps, has waypoints. So this is not some special privilege feature that only few have. It should be basic feature by now with DJI.
2023-2-5
Use props
userbb78422d6c
New
United Kingdom

About this absent waypoint feature that is missing from the near £1000 mini 3 pro, I can't understand why they couldn't just add a simple version of waypoint flying, that would enable you to enter a series of waypoints on the map screen and then enter a flight speed and height,  then set it going and it would fly to the first point then the second and so on capturing smooth video on it's way,  this feature would be easy to implement and it would make so many people happy and more likely to buy DJI in the future.
2023-2-5
Use props
userbb78422d6c
New
United Kingdom

About this absent waypoint feature that is missing from the near £1000 mini 3 pro, I can't understand why they couldn't just add a simple version of waypoint flying, that would enable you to enter a series of waypoints on the map screen and then enter a flight speed and height,  then set it going and it would fly to the first point then the second and so on capturing smooth video on it's way,  this feature would be easy to implement and it would make so many people happy and more likely to buy DJI in the future.
2023-2-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

userbb78422d6c Posted at 2-5 13:15
About this absent waypoint feature that is missing from the near £1000 mini 3 pro, I can't understand why they couldn't just add a simple version of waypoint flying, that would enable you to enter a series of waypoints on the map screen and then enter a flight speed and height,  then set it going and it would fly to the first point then the second and so on capturing smooth video on it's way,  this feature would be easy to implement and it would make so many people happy and more likely to buy DJI in the future.

you mean like this?  

2023-2-5
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-8-3 01:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

So if Litchi or Dronedeploy were running on the Android RC controller platform, How is this any different than if those applications were running on an Android phone or tablet controlling an RC-N1 controller?  

I don't like having a shot disrupted by receiving a phone call while flying.
I don't like dropping a cellphone or tablet because the RC-N1 controller can't really hold on to the device
I don't like the extra fiddly wires dangling all over everything.
I don't like the extra setup and teardown time with an RC-N1 and the tablet or cellphone

Please consider allowing third party applications on the RC controller.  It's why a lot of people are upgrading to the RC controller without knowing that it can't run any applications.
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

WA4OSH Posted at 2-5 16:10
So if Litchi or Dronedeploy were running on the Android RC controller platform, How is this any different than if those applications were running on an Android phone or tablet controlling an RC-N1 controller?  

I don't like having a shot disrupted by receiving a phone call while flying.

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this with the team. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-2-8
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

webfreak Posted at 1-13 09:34

Wow,so in other words the mavic 3 line is  basically junk because
there is no SDK support for them now I have heard everything.
Before you say anything about watching your video yes I looked at some of it.
One more time one persons opinion.
2023-2-8
Use props
userbb78422d6c
New
United Kingdom

Come on DJI implement a simple version of waypoints if you don't want to do the full version just give us something to make £1,000 worth spending in the first place after all  it is meant to be a PRO version
2023-2-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still waiting.
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules