Balancing DJI RS3 with Canon R6 + 24-70mm f2.8 L with EF to R ada...
5604 5 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Techville
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the Ronin RS3 will be able to balance the Canon R6 with a Canon EF 24-70 f2.8 L and an EF to R adaptor with drop in VND?

I really can't find this answer anywhere online. Not even DJI support can give me a straight answer. I was advised to go to an official retailer and try the setup.

This setup is very front heavy, to the point that i've tried 2 different gimbals already and I can't balance it because since it's so front heavy, I have to pull the camera really far back and the viewfinder eyepiece ends up hitting the back axis/motor and I obviously can't do any tilting or low angle modes.

I'm guessing the Ronin RS3 Pro will work fine, but I just wanted the Ronin RS3...

Is there anyone who can help?

Many thanks!
2022-8-15
Use props
fansd5194cfc
New

United States

It will balance but the eye piece will hit the back when trying to go into underdog. It’s only slightly so you can push it the rest of the way so it can go into underdog. It’s not a fast transition though I use the same setup and it works great just keep that in mind.

I’m thinking about trying this counterweight setup on Amazon.

I can’t post the url but it’s Amazon . Com / SMALLRIG-Counterweight-Compatible-AirCross-Stabilizers/dp/B08NP3HFV6
2022-8-21
Use props
farmersmith32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420942 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Canon R6 with the EF adaptor and a 16-35mm F2.8 L MK III with exactly this issue.

I have tried balancing with the RS3 but the eyepiece hits the rear part of the arm and it won't work. Given that I also want to use the 70-200 F2.8 L or even my 100mm F2.8 L I made the decision (given the relatively small price difference between the RS3 Combo and the RS 3 Pro non combo vs included accessories) to go with the RS 3 Pro - which gives a lot more space and can handle heavier setups. In my case I don't use manual focus lenses and the EF electronic focus change is really nice so I don't see any reason for the focus motor etc.

I think from reading around it seems that the light body to heavy glass ratio is what causes the issue. I did consider using counterweights but it seems counterintuitive to make a setup heavier than it really needs to be when if there was a little more space I think the setup would work quite nicely.
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_mQJag6Rqie6t
lvl.1
United States

hey, any update? I still have this issue.
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_mQJag6Rqie6t
lvl.1
United States

fansd5194cfc Posted at 2022-8-21 17:21
It will balance but the eye piece will hit the back when trying to go into underdog. It’s only slightly so you can push it the rest of the way so it can go into underdog. It’s not a fast transition though I use the same setup and it works great just keep that in mind.

I’m thinking about trying this counterweight setup on Amazon.

hey, any update? I still have this issue.
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_PHBxuNh3nUAP
New

United States

Has there been any kind of solution yet to this problem? I am also having issue with the view finder hitting the lock on the rear of the gimbal (RS3 Pro combo), and using the gimbal to its full potential is impossible...

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!
2023-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules