Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glennsparklevfx.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 636598 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I've been using the Ronin 4D for a while now, just today an error message popped up. 'IMU Error. Contact Support

Is there an IMU calibration or will I have to send the unit back?

As luck would have it, I'm on a shoot with it Tuesday (it's Sunday night now).

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Glenn
2022-8-21
Use props
C Irion
lvl.1

United States

I have exactly the same problem. I see that this issue was posted more than a month ago. Could someone from DJI please give us some professional support?
2022-9-23
Use props
glennsparklevfx.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

C Irion Posted at 9-23 09:09
I have exactly the same problem. I see that this issue was posted more than a month ago. Could someone from DJI please give us some professional support?

Hi, it happened a lot less since the recent update but I can't get to the root of why it's happening. Doesn't seem to effect using it too much
2022-9-23
Use props
Eponym
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Not 100% certain if this applies to the 4D, but I would get the IMU error all the time if I booted up my drones near magnetic/metal areas or booting it up while holding it in my hands. Are you turning on the 4D away from metal surfaces and resting the body when powering on?
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please follow the instruction below and keep us updated, we will make further checks with our team:
1. Please tell us the Lens model
2. Please try to calibrate the Z-Axis.
3. Try to change to other environments in case it is caused by strong electromagnetic interference.
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

C Irion Posted at 9-23 09:09

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please try to follow the steps provided on #5 to see if it works. Thank you.
2022-9-23
Use props
glennsparklevfx.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-9-23 20:22
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please follow the instruction below and keep us updated, we will make further checks with our team:

Hi. Using 35mm and 50mm DJI DL lens. Happens in all environments, indoors and out door. Thanks Glenn
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_LnDSBdVDRVok
New

Malaysia

Sorry to crash this thread. Why cant a newbie start a thread/ ask a question ?
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

glennsparklevfx.com Posted at 11-15 15:02
Hi. Using 35mm and 50mm DJI DL lens. Happens in all environments, indoors and out door. Thanks Glenn

If the issue still persists, would you please provide the following details? We will further check with our engineer team.

1. Product serial number.
2. Please provide a Balance adjustment display (including the balance adjustment display on the high-bright main monitor).
3. Please provide a display after auto tune.

2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_LnDSBdVDRVok Posted at 11-15 21:43
Sorry to crash this thread. Why cant a newbie start a thread/ ask a question ?

Hi there, for more details about the Forum Rules and Regulations, you could please read the comment 16# & 17# via the following link, thanks.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid623200
2023-11-16
Use props
glennsparklevfx.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi. Images attached, let me know if you require any further information. Thanks Glenn
IMG_6667.jpeg
IMG_6665.jpeg
IMG_6666.jpeg
2023-11-16
Use props
glennsparklevfx.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI, Was this the correct information you required?

Glenn
2023-11-25
Use props
glenn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-9-23 20:22

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. I resolved the IMU problem, i returned it to DJI in the Netherlands. They sent me back a different unit than the one I sent. The unit I received had more issues than the unit i sent to be repaired, ive now sent this unit back and they have sent me a bill for the repairs. I don't believe i should pay this as the unit i they sent to replace my original unit had these issues when they sent it out.

Any help would be appreciated

CAS-15961451-F4Y9J8

Glenn
3-28 01:49
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

glenn@sparklevfx.com Posted at 3-28 01:49
Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. I resolved the IMU problem, i returned it to DJI in the Netherlands. They sent me back a different unit than the one I sent. The unit I received had more issues than the unit i sent to be repaired, ive now sent this unit back and they have sent me a bill for the repairs. I don't believe i should pay this as the unit i they sent to replace my original unit had these issues when they sent it out.

Hello Glenn! Thank you for getting in touch with us. Please don't worry as we will assist you in checking with our service center first.

Meanwhile, could you please let us know the issues you are facing with the replacement device? This will help us deliver the message more accurately to our service center. Thank you.
3-28 01:56
Use props
glenn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 3-28 01:56
Hello Glenn! Thank you for getting in touch with us. Please don't worry as we will assist you in checking with our service center first.

Meanwhile, could you please let us know the issues you are facing with the replacement device? This will help us deliver the message more accurately to our service center. Thank you.

The unit i sent back and is currently with them has issues with he Fan, ND filters, and Z Gimbal. All these issues where present when i go the camera back
3-28 02:08
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

glenn@sparklevfx.com Posted at 3-28 02:08
The unit i sent back and is currently with them has issues with he Fan, ND filters, and Z Gimbal. All these issues where present when i go the camera back

Hi there, we could like to follow up on your concern about your inqiury. Our team has investigated and found that the Z Axis IMU Board has been replaced with a new one that is not defective in one of your previous case CAS-******-J3N4G3. However, we also discovered that in the case of CAS-******-F4Y9J8, the Z Axis IMU Board was unable to fold completely and the cooling fan was making an abnormal sound. We replaced both of these items under warranty, so there were no repair charges. Unfortunately, the ND Filter Control Board is no longer under warranty, so we are unable to replace it for free. We have included the replacement cost in the quotation, and once the payment is complete, our team will conduct a quality test on the replacement items. Let us know if you have any further questions!
3-28 19:54
Use props
glenn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 3-28 19:54
Hi there, we could like to follow up on your concern about your inqiury. Our team has investigated and found that the Z Axis IMU Board has been replaced with a new one that is not defective in one of your previous case CAS-******-J3N4G3. However, we also discovered that in the case of CAS-******-F4Y9J8, the Z Axis IMU Board was unable to fold completely and the cooling fan was making an abnormal sound. We replaced both of these items under warranty, so there were no repair charges. Unfortunately, the ND Filter Control Board is no longer under warranty, so we are unable to replace it for free. We have included the replacement cost in the quotation, and once the payment is complete, our team will conduct a quality test on the replacement items. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. The point I think everyone is missing here is that the second camera i sent back for repair was not my original camera. This Unit had these defects on upon my receiving the unit. If you check the serial numbers of my original camera and what was returned to me, it was two different units. This means I’m paying for defects that never belonged to me.

I not sure i understand your offer, is that £30 discount or £30 overall to pay?

PLease advise.

Thanks

Glenn
3-30 06:19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

glenn@sparklevfx.com Posted at 3-30 06:19
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. The point I think everyone is missing here is that the second camera i sent back for repair was not my original camera. This Unit had these defects on upon my receiving the unit. If you check the serial numbers of my original camera and what was returned to me, it was two different units. This means I’m paying for defects that never belonged to me.

Thank you for your reply. We will forward to our relevant team and further check with them. We will update you by e-mail, please kindly keep an eye on it, thanks.
4-1 22:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules