2986 16 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, been reading lately that if you put the device into low power mode and possibly DND, it will not dim.

Another is,

You can switch zoom text (all interface) in settings to max and then back.

After this dimming protection will stop

See how it goes and report back, please? interested to know is all, i don't have any apple stuff myself lol

2022-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting.
I will test when I fly again.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots here that currently using Apple devicess. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-9-12
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

The low power mode reduces the brightness of the screen, then I'm not sure it's the right setting to play with. For sure, the auto brightness can be disabled going to Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. This should prevent any modification of the manual brightness, assuming that also 'Reduce White Point', Nigh Shift and 'True Tone' are disabled too.
2022-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 9-12 23:56
The low power mode reduces the brightness of the screen, then I'm not sure it's the right setting to play with. For sure, the auto brightness can be disabled going to Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. This should prevent any modification of the manual brightness, assuming that also 'Reduce White Point', Nigh Shift and 'True Tone' are disabled too.

Just try it and report back, i don't use them but thought i would share because if it is true then its a game changer for apple lovers  
2022-9-13
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

FabioV Posted at 9-12 23:56

I use an iPad Mini 5 and never had any issues with the screen dimming (unless the battery gets critically low)...  I'm wondering if the Auto-Brightness feature is enabled on your device as FabioV suggested?  I always disable that feature straight away because I find it distracting, and it could be the source of your concern.
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomKatt Posted at 9-13 08:38
I use an iPad Mini 5 and never had any issues with the screen dimming (unless the battery gets critically low)...  I'm wondering if the Auto-Brightness feature is enabled on your device as FabioV suggested?  I always disable that feature straight away because I find it distracting, and it could be the source of your concern.

The IOS dimming issue is independent of the auto-brightness issue.  This primarily affects drone pilots flying in warmer climates or when your device is catching direct sunlight.  IOS progressively dims the display and it can be quite disconcerting when you realize you can no longer read the dispaly.  

It does this to protect the phone and battery and cannot be turned off.
2022-9-13
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 08:52
The IOS dimming issue is independent of the auto-brightness issue.  This primarily affects drone pilots flying in warmer climates or when your device is catching direct sunlight.  IOS progressively dims the display and it can be quite disconcerting when you realize you can no longer read the dispaly.  

It sounds like we are talking about an overheating issue rather than auto-brightness.  I've left my iPad in the direct sun and I've occasionally observed warnings about overheating - I think the display did dim in that instance as a protective measure.  But this has never occurred during normal use - only when I've left the device on a table for example.

Perhaps I'm just lucky that I live in the temperate Northeast...  Until we need to get the snow shovels out lol.
2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomKatt Posted at 9-13 08:57
It sounds like we are talking about an overheating issue rather than auto-brightness.  I've left my iPad in the direct sun and I've occasionally observed warnings about overheating - I think the display did dim in that instance as a protective measure.  But this has never occurred during normal use - only when I've left the device on a table for example.

Perhaps I'm just lucky that I live in the temperate Northeast...  Until we need to get the snow shovels out lol.

I left my snow shovel in in the Northeast when I retired to Florida.  
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-13 10:54

Location is everything!  : )

2022-9-13
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-13 10:54

Where about? RSW here.
2022-9-13
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 08:52

For sure. South Florida here… heat soak, sun soak, cpu running… it’s all bad. Also making sure controller to phone charging is disabled helps a little… but in the end the phone always wins.
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 9-13 18:02
For sure. South Florida here… heat soak, sun soak, cpu running… it’s all bad. Also making sure controller to phone charging is disabled helps a little… but in the end the phone always wins.

Agreed.  That's why I tell anyone that will listen, don't fight against IOS devices for drone flying.  Just when you think it won't happen to you.... it does.  I burned too many hours with various IOS devices, cases, even cooling solutions, and well, if you live in the wrong climate, it is a recipe for a migraine.  These threads still pop up though.... but each new IOS version gets better and better about protecting against overheats.  And of course protection is great, but not if you are wanting to see your display.
2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 15:24
Location is everything!  : )

Indeed it is Tony.  

Hope you are having a great day.
2022-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 9-13 18:00
Where about? RSW here.

Northeast Florida.  
2022-9-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

gulfpre Posted at 9-13 18:00
Where about? RSW here.

Deep in the sticks of VT.   Foliage season is just beginning - makes for some great photos ;-)
2022-9-14
Use props
fans78766c93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24576168 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Same thing happens with my Huawei phone. It's ok at first, and in less than a minute the screen is so dark I can hardly see it. I'm in the Philippines, temperature 90F + and direct sun on the screen. I have no control over these conditions.
4-25 23:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules