Air 2S mislaid/lost
784 7 2022-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimW2021
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2884 ft
United Kingdom

Somewhere between Split airport and Heathrow I have mislaid my Air 2S complete with controller and 2 spare batteries.  I have checked with both Split and Heathrow lost property offices without success.  My contact details are inside the battery compartment of the drone and the carrying bag has my insurance and registration details.  
Any help in locating my drone would be very much appreciated.S/N: 3YTBJ5J003027K.

Thanks

Tim

2022-10-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Hope that someone will find and return your drone.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you check the drone in at Split? If so would this not then become the problem of the airports, baggage handlers and airline? I.e. should they not compensate you for the loss?

Have you checked that 'they' allow the passage of drones and do not destroy any found? I ask because one parcel carrier in the UK destroys discovered batteries that ARE NOT accompanied by the device they are intended to power, even if those batteries have successfully reached the destination depot. :-(( as an ebayer sending me batteries found to his cost.

If it was a separate piece of luggage with its own label can the luggage label not be tracked to see where it disappeared?
2022-10-6
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-6 11:12
Did you check the drone in at Split? If so does this not then become the problem of the airports, baggage handlers and airline? I.e. should they not compensate you for the loss?

Have you checked that 'they' allow the passage of drones and do not destroy any found? I ask because one parcel carrier in the UK destroys discovered batteries that ARE NOT accompanied by the device they are intended to power, even if those batteries have successfully reached the destination depot. :-(( as an ebayer sending me batteries found to his cost.

They wouldn't compensate you for something that you did.  He said that put it somewhere and forgot it or something.
2022-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wa.jesse07 Posted at 10-6 11:56
They wouldn't compensate you for something that you did.  He said that put it somewhere and forgot it or something.

Agreed but did you perhaps miss the "Did you check the drone in at Split? If so does this......" at the start of your quotation?

Though I will amend "does this not" to "would this not".

If they had the drone with them when they arrived at Split, I would have thought that it would be a reasonable assumption that they would be aware whether or not they had checked the drone etc. in. If it was missing at checking in they would not say "between".

If the drone was carried on board as hand luggage then surely they would have noticed its absence as they retrieved their hand luggage from the overhead locker etc.. From that, I personally, would think that between implies they checked the drone in as 'cargo hold baggage'.

Anyhow, all this can be resolved by a clarification from TimW2021.
2022-10-6
Use props
TimW2021
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2884 ft
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-6 12:19
Agreed but did you perhaps miss the "Did you check the drone in at Split? If so does this......" at the start of your quotation?

Though I will amend "does this not" to "would this not".

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.  I did indeed take the drone through security at Split airport so I mislaid it either in the airport or on the plane. Unfortunately although the bag was not locked it did not have any external labelling.  Sadly I doubt that I will see my drone again.  I have learnt a painful and expensive lesson.
Tim
2022-10-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man that sucks.  

It is something that happens to everyone, except those who are perfect.

I remember I left a laptop backpack bag on the ground behind a rental car one time.  Never got that one back.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tim. I am sorry to read and to know that you have lost your DJI Air 2S and thank you for giving out these information. I am hoping that your DJI Air 2S will be given back to you. Thank you.
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules