DJI Mic Has Annoying Static Noise
6722 9 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aydent23
lvl.1

France

So I just bought the Dji mic and was excited to try it out after all of the positive reviews I saw online. So I connected the lightning adapter to my iPhone 13 pro and recorded a video. I was surprised to hear a slight static noise in the background. I changed the gain on the receivers and transmitters, but no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of the static noise in the background. I wondered if it was my iPhone 13 that was the problem, but the same static noise appeared when using the iPhone SE. Then I put the mic on mute, and the static noise continued. So I don't know if it's a problem with the receiver, and I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. Did I simply receive a faulty mic?
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to restrictions related to the iOS device’s Lightning port, when DJI Mic is used with an iOS device, videos can only be output with analog signals. During transmission, the signal may be changed by external interference due to the nature of the analog signal. Once the signal is amplified, overlapping interference signals cause severe distortion as well as noise and decrease the signal-to-noise ratio. As such, the audio performance is poorer than digital audio.

Please rest assured that I will provide your recommendation to DJI engineers. If there are any updates, we will announce it on the DJI official website right away. Please check for related announcements. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-11
Use props
aydent23
lvl.1

France

Is there any type of cable or converter that I could use when using the iphone so that it doesn't record with analog signals? I've tested the mic in different locations and the static noise continues to appear in the videos. If there's no solution I'm going to return the product as I will only be recording with an iphone and the quality just isn't worth the price.
2022-10-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
Gerardo Mata
lvl.1

United States

When I got the DJI mic, they have worked perfectly up until a couple days ago where I think I had the same problem. I had a flutter in and out sound. Did you fix the problem?
2022-11-28
Use props
Amirat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81985 ft
Belarus

When connecting my DJI mic to the iPhone via the Lightning connector, the video has a terrible ringing background. More than 6 months have passed since the problem here and DJI has not solved the problem.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_ON0V8EUVuk3b
New

Canada

I bought dji mic few days and I am getting static noise when using with iPhone. Is there any solution to this as the firmware is already latest one on them.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ON0V8EUVuk3b
New

Canada

Amirat Posted at 5-10 05:09
When connecting my DJI mic to the iPhone via the Lightning connector, the video has a terrible ringing background. More than 6 months have passed since the problem here and DJI has not solved the problem.

Hey buddy!!
Did you get any fix until now..else I am going to return the one that I bought as I am facing the same issue.
2023-7-23
Use props
fans670e4e63
lvl.1
Israel

Hey all, I'm using my DJI mic with a Rode lav mic, and connect it to a DSLR camera. Annoying static noise. Is it because of the rode lav?
2023-8-15
Use props
fans7eb08de2
New

United States

Did anyone ever figure how to fix the cause of the static noise when connected to iPhone?
I love the DJI mic because the quality is good when used with other devices, but every time I use with the device I will predominantly using it with, it has that static/white noise in the background. I really don’t want to return these so please let me know if anything works to fix it please.
2-7 17:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules