Osmo Pocket Extension Rod and using zoom
3548 13 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have been wondering about getting the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod for use with my Pocket 2, but haven't made the final decision yet.

I have heard that the rod's controls don't directly allow using zoom, which I do find a bit off-putting. But I was wondering: If I put a phone to the phone holder slot of the rod and use DJI Mimo on the phone, then will I at least be able to use the zoom using the Mimo app on my phone?

Also, any chance of allowing us to use the zoom directly from the rod controls in the future?

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. The functions of the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod can be used when installed on the DJI Pocket 2. However, zooming is a unique function of the DJI Pocket 2, so the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod does not support the zoom function of the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-24 00:52
Thank you for your feedback. The functions of the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod can be used when installed on the DJI Pocket 2. However, zooming is a unique function of the DJI Pocket 2, so the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod does not support the zoom function of the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to be a bit more specific: Does your reply mean that I can't zoom using the phone and Mimo app either when the Pocket 2 is connected to the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod? If so, I'll have to say I see it as a major limitation.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-24 02:46
Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to be a bit more specific: Does your reply mean that I can't zoom using the phone and Mimo app either when the Pocket 2 is connected to the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod? If so, I'll have to say I see it as a major limitation.

No, you can't only use the Extension Rod to perform the zoom but you may use the DJI Mimo app and the unit itself to perform the said feature. Thank you!
2022-10-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:34
No, you can't only use the Extension Rod to perform the zoom but you may use the DJI Mimo app and the unit itself to perform the said feature. Thank you!

Thanks for the information, found the Extension Rod at a great price and decided to get it. So if I want to zoom I just put the phone into the holder and use that to do the job. :-)
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-26 02:19
Thanks for the information, found the Extension Rod at a great price and decided to get it. So if I want to zoom I just put the phone into the holder and use that to do the job. :-)

Yes, HGDC. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.
2022-10-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-26 03:46
Yes, HGDC. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.

Thanks for your support. There is one question I could ask besides this. I read somewhere that on the Extension Rod's controls, there is a button to switch object tracking on and off. But I couldn't find one when I looked at the rod's manual. Is it that the claim is false, or am I just missing something? This won't be a big problem if there is no separate control in the buttons, as I probably can operate the tracking with the Mimo app just like the zoom, am I right?
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 04:47
Thanks for your support. There is one question I could ask besides this. I read somewhere that on the Extension Rod's controls, there is a button to switch object tracking on and off. But I couldn't find one when I looked at the rod's manual. Is it that the claim is false, or am I just missing something? This won't be a big problem if there is no separate control in the buttons, as I probably can operate the tracking with the Mimo app just like the zoom, am I right?

Are you referring to the ActiveTrack, HGDC? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 03:58
Are you referring to the ActiveTrack, HGDC? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes, I am referring to ActiveTrack, FaceTrack and other tracking functions that the Pocket 2 has.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-30 06:06
Yes, I am referring to ActiveTrack, FaceTrack and other tracking functions that the Pocket 2 has.

Thank you for the clarification, HGDC. Kindly please refer to the information below for the DJI Osmo Pocket extension rod button functions.

Button C1 = Switch Between Tilt Locked, Follow, FPV mode
Button C2 = In Tilt Lock or Follow Mode, Press and hold to switch between these 2 Modes
Shutter/Record Button = Start/ Stop recording, take photo, Go back to camera view.
Button R = (Press): Switch camera between backward and forward. (Hold): Lock gimbal attitude (Not applicable in FPV mode)
Power/Function Button = Power on/off, Switch video/Photo mode, Recenter gimbal, and Return menu.

Hope this helps. Thank you fro your valued support.
2022-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-31 02:21
Thank you for the clarification, HGDC. Kindly please refer to the information below for the DJI Osmo Pocket extension rod button functions.

Button C1 = Switch Between Tilt Locked, Follow, FPV mode

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I'll figure the rest out myself. :-)
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 09:20
Thanks for the clarification, I guess I'll figure the rest out myself. :-)

It's always my pleasure, HGDC. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-11-1
Use props
Scala66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I bought the extension rod recently and was extremely disappointed that the rod doesn’t zoom.
2023-4-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Scala66 Posted at 4-24 10:50
I bought the extension rod recently and was extremely disappointed that the rod doesn’t zoom.

Yes, I did find that disappointing myself too. But at least, if you have the DIA Handle or a proper USB-C cable, and put the mobile phone on it's holder on the rod, then you can at least use the phone to operate the zoom, though that of course isn't as handy as a physical control would be.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules