Inspire 1 height restriction
23490 46 2014-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I think we need to make a clarification here. The Inspire is capable of flying 500 METERS above ground (AGL); limited by firmware. The Ceiling altitude is 4500 METERS; that is the altitude, above which the lower air density does not allow the props to make sufficient lift to maintain altitude; limited by physics. The 400 FOOT rule is from the United States FAA, and the UK CAA; you are limited by regulations. Certainly there are mountainous areas where the minimum safe altitude for aircraft is much higher than 400 feet AGL because of surrounding terrain. I think you might consult the appropriate agency's website to try and get more details in the are you intend to fly. Permits may be needed.
2015-7-31
Use props
gbwalker
lvl.2
United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2014-12-22 04:51
First off, there is no such thing as California FAA.  The "F" in FAA is "Federal".  The 200' limit ...

The voluntary safety limit was established in 1986 via an FAA Safety Bulletin that you correctly identify as “voluntary”.  But that was 29 years ago.  Prior to that, I don’t recall any mention of a limit, voluntary or otherwise, to any form of RC flying.  I don’t agree with your assessment of a law that establishes a 400’ ceiling as being OK.  If that law were applied to all RC activities (which would likely happen) it would be catastrophic. A lot of RC activities including pattern, glider and jets exceed that by necessity and have been doing it for as long as each has been in existence.  A 400’ restriction in the vicinity of an airport is understandable but I think should be at the discretion/agreement of the club and ATC facility or airport operator.  I think I heard that nearly 40% of all AMA RC clubs are within 5 miles of an airport.   And I don’t think that a restriction that applied to any location other than an AMA club site would be OK.   AMA insurance covers pilots wherever it is not against the law or prohibited by the property owner.   Many RC activities take place in parks, open farm fields, schools and include activities that exceed 400’ (gliders and others).  I think we need to be very careful in agreeing with any law that “doesn’t affect me” kind of attitude.  This hobby has been in existence far before quads and FPV started and broad-brushed laws are not needed.  Also, as a side note, I believe that the AMA has identified only four fatal RC related accidents and only one of those was a bystander.
2015-8-1
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

So you can't fly higher than 500m?
2015-10-22
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Using a rooted device will remove all these limitations that some are whining about, although tempering with the application is not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing.
2015-10-22
Use props
houndogme
New

United States

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2015-10-23 07:30
Using a rooted device will remove all these limitations that some are whining about, although temper ...

It would be nice if DJI would fix the max cap height of 500  so it would be from the RC not where the take off point was then in follow mode we can climb a mountain higher than the max and the bird would still be under max from GL
2015-10-22
Use props
matt.massick.id
lvl.1

United States

houndogme@yahoo Posted at 2015-10-22 21:57
It would be nice if DJI would fix the max cap height of 500  so it would be from the RC not where  ...

All-Does the new firmware on the Inspire 1 limit altitude???  I recently did a firmware upgrade and today I could not get it to go past 400 feet???  

1) I did not have beginner mode on...
2) Flight maximum altitude was set to zero
3) Maximum Distance was not on
4) I had 8-12 Satellites at all times and was out in the country not near any restricted areas...

Amy help would be appreciated!

Any help would really be appreciated....
2015-10-25
Use props
purple111111111
New

United States

question- is there a limit on descend for phantom 3? So if its 500m up, is it also 500m down from starting point? Can one climb top of mountain and fly to bottom say 1km ? what happens to return to home button will it return up 1km or get stuck at 500m?
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules