How can I tell if Remote ID is really enabled on my M3P?
5613 49 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-14 14:04
Way to cover themselves!

Pretty much. The way I see it is people who ignore updates or exploit the RID extension will be the ones that get ticketed, if even then. Mine are compliant, so I don't worry.
2023-9-14
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 14:39
Pretty much. The way I see it is people who ignore updates or exploit the RID extension will be the ones that get ticketed, if even then. Mine are compliant, so I don't worry.

Sorry about getting all bent out of shape over the RID thing,did not mean to cause any issues.
You had it right about the rules.Moving along now,I have an older DJI mavic air 2 that I have to wait
until the end of December I believe now for the RID firmware update.And am currently charging up
my batteries on my Autel Lite+ ,so I can update to the new fly app and firmware updates to enable
RID,and become compliant.Oh what fun.Once again sorry about the mess I started.
Enjoy your day.
2023-9-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-15 08:24
Sorry about getting all bent out of shape over the RID thing,did not mean to cause any issues.
You had it right about the rules.Moving along now,I have an older DJI mavic air 2 that I have to wait
until the end of December I believe now for the RID firmware update.And am currently charging up

Watch the Pilot Institute video released this morning. Greg has some very good info.
2023-9-15
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-15 08:47
Watch the Pilot Institute video released this morning. Greg has some very good info.
https://youtu.be/71Cy8IGXgTI

Thank you for sending this.looks like updates for me will be happening tonight.
Have a good day.
2023-9-15
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-15 09:12
Thank you for sending this.looks like updates for me will be happening tonight.
Have a good day.

I forgot to mention I did watch it,up until the mini 4 pro pricing.
2023-9-15
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Lost Somewhere Posted at 1-19 13:43
It's all just useless talk though right? M3P is NOT required to have it, so everything just stated is irrelevant! It's only applicable to a drone that IS required to have RID. If I strap an RID module to a paper airplane I can take it off again legally. So DJI can give us the option to transmit or not, because it's our choice. If the rule can't be clearly interpreted and easily followed, then the rule should be changed. The letter of the law says I don't require it, and therefor I think DJI should not force me to use RID. Lets face it, I'm not registered, so I CAN'T enable RID, but DJI could be more transparent about when it's on or off, and what is still being transmitted. That isn't too much to ask, that's the bare minimum. Any device transmitting my position better tell me it's doing so!

Your bank cards and any mobile phones or other devices, including your car, that has a SIM card will already be broadcasting your position pretty accurately. You can’t hide from C21st.
2023-9-15
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Pastime Posted at 1-19 21:36
On top of everything you mentioned,the mini 3 pro owners manual on page #72
states that the drone is currently broadcasting RID from takeoff to landing.
Have a good day Saint.

Good summary sir

2023-9-23
Use props
djiuser_sZShgYJ8cBnT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 714131 ft
United Kingdom

How do I know if I'm using the correct remote for the mavic pro.
The reason is, because my remote won't connect or bind to the drone and when I open the dji go 4 app after connecting the remote, the model showing is the mavic 2, but should be mavic pro.
The drone is second hand, I'm thinking it might have been sold with the wrong controller.
Is there a way to check compatibility?
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_sZShgYJ8cBnT Posted at 10-13 07:37
How do I know if I'm using the correct remote for the mavic pro.
The reason is, because my remote won't connect or bind to the drone and when I open the dji go 4 app after connecting the remote, the model showing is the mavic 2, but should be mavic pro.
The drone is second hand, I'm thinking it might have been sold with the wrong controller.

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Please make sure to update the remote controller and the aircraft to its latest firmware to connect them. In addition, please remove the SD card on the aircraft and try to link them again. Try to link them using the app or linking them using the combination buttons, press C1 Button + C2 Button + Video Recording Button + Shutter Button to initiate linking. Lastly, you may check the serial number of the remote controller using this link https://service.dji.com/active/search?lang=en to check the model. Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

2023-10-19
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

Mobilehomer Posted at 2023-9-14 11:56
As I replied to Freetime earlier - READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH!!! This is the OFFICIAL statement from the FAA!!!
https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2023-20074.pdf

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this call blocking & identification feature is missing on your iPhone, it might be due to several reasons. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:-
1. Update iOS:-
  -Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Software updates often include bug fixes
   and improvements. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for and install any available
   updates.
2. Carrier Settings Update:-
  -Sometimes, carrier settings updates can resolve issues related to call features. Go to Settings >
   General > About. If a carrier settings update is available, you'll be prompted to install it.
3. Check Restrictions:-
  -Make sure that the "Call Blocking & Identification" feature is not restricted on your device. Go to
   Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, and ensure that Phone is allowed.
4. Reset Network Settings:-
  -Resetting network settings might help in resolving any connectivity-related issues. Go to Settings >
   General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related
   settings.
5. Toggle Airplane Mode:-
  -Turn on Airplane Mode, wait a few seconds, and then turn it off. This can sometimes refresh the
   network connections and settings.
6. Factory Reset (as a last resort):-
  -If all else fails, you may consider performing a factory reset on your iPhone. Before doing this, make
   sure to back up your data. You can reset your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All
  Content and Settings.

Keep in mind that performing a factory reset will delete all data on your iPhone, so it should only be considered as a last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsq7n-QXRn8&ab_channel=TheGeekPage
1-26 00:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules