Rubber seal behind lens cover
971 8 2022-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Being able to replace the lens protector with a filter is a great "feature". However, I have to say DJI didn't do a good job with the rubber seal (behind the lens cover).

I'd say about 70% of the time when I change filters the rubber seal pops up and it's very difficult to put it back, making the process a frustrating and time consuming experience. I have to carry a tiny screwdriver (or something similar) to have as an aid to help guide the rubber seal back into its place, but even using a screwdriver tip most of the time the procedure ain't easy. Especially when you are outside the rubber seal can easily fall down to the sidewalk picking up dirt and dust.

Granted, people usually don't keep changing filters multiple times a day but when it's needed there's a high chance you'll have to toy around putting the rubber seal back into its place.

I was thinking about gluing it down but I really hate making alterations to it. And if the rubber seal would need to be replaced at some point for some reason, then I'd be in trouble.

2022-12-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Orange is naughty. When it holds, it holds, but once it starts to slide out, it's nerve-wracking. I gently, very gently, applied hand cream to the part of the protective glass that presses on the orange seal so that it does not twist during disassembly.
2022-12-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

StevoB Posted at 12-16 23:50
Orange is naughty. When it holds, it holds, but once it starts to slide out, it's nerve-wracking. I gently, very gently, applied hand cream to the part of the protective glass that presses on the orange seal so that it does not twist during disassembly.

Hey, now that's an idea! Thanks, I will have to try that.

...on second thoughts... I'm not sure if the chemicals in the cream might ruin the rubber seal in the long run.
2022-12-17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 12-17 00:02
Hey, now that's an idea! Thanks, I will have to try that.

...on second thoughts... I'm not sure if the chemicals in the cream might ruin the rubber seal in the long run.
use silicone for labor pipettes or outdoor stoves
2022-12-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

lutzmix Posted at 12-17 01:08
use silicone for labor pipettes or outdoor stoves

Thanks, that's a good idea, too!
2022-12-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I gave what I had at hand at that moment. At home, I would probably use coconut
2022-12-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The first camera, the seal was bad, like yours, the second camera, a perfect seal, if asked,  I get with DJI, but they want your camera in for repair, on a 1 cent seal,

lube it with  a spray that is for rubber seals. I say
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Osmonauta. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience about the rubber seal. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. Hopefully, other DJI users will be able to provide you with a recommendation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-17
Use props
notnowkato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2351102 ft
United Kingdom

Vaseline or similar petroleum jelly sparingly applied keeps the thing in place
4-17 09:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules