Mavic 2 drone enterprise range
554 3 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sawmill
New

United States

Hello -

I have a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom Camera Drone with Smart Controller, does anyone know what type of range, I should be getting with this? It seems I can only go about .50 of a mile before I start to lose signal on the controller. It’s mostly over a large field with only a few trees. I thought I would have gotten better range than that?

2022-12-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It all depends.  Interference, altitude, how you are holding and positioning the remote antennas.  Half a mile away is a pretty good distance, and very hard to see at that range.  What is it you are trying to accomplish?  
2022-12-19
Use props
Sawmill
New

United States

I guess i was hoping for something a little better. I use it for scouting some areas by my house. I really needed just a little more range. 1 mile would be perfect.  I guess I am at the limit with this one?

Are there any other models that would go farther?

2022-12-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The models with occusync 3 all tend to do a bit better.   But it all depends on so many variables.  If you are trying to get a mile out you may be stretching your drones legs further than you can reliably control it in  any event.  I for one would not want to be a mile away from a drone, it's just asking for trouble.
2022-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules