First dive video - manual white balance
3095 36 2022-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddgelder
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have been following this forum since I got my Osmo Action 3 in september. Was a bit worried my camera also has the focus issue, but the results are quite good as fas as I can see.

Took the Osmo Action 3 on a dive trip to Curaçao two weeks ago and shot my first video with firmware v01.01.05.40 in D-Cinelike, color graded in Davinci Resolve which was also my first time.

Colorgrading was difficult because I had the Osmo Action 3 on auto whitebalance, which changes a lot during the shot. I know you can 'measuse' the current white balance in auto mode, and then switch to manual. It would be great to have this available on the Quick Switch button so you could do a manual white balance under water. All the reds are crushed, so perhaps next time I also should try a red filter, although a correct whitebalance is more important for colorgrading.
2022-12-23
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Wow!  That looks great.  Nice job editing and for 1080p I'd say it's superb!  Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-23
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That looks really good and Curacao is a really good dive site!

Did you had an additional housing?

I would not recommend using an additional filter because the filter will only work well at a certain depth and light. Anything that deviates from that will either be too red, or too dark.
2022-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Splendid footage.  
2022-12-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

This is the best and most interesting footage I’ve seen so far taken with the Action 3! Great job!
2022-12-23
Use props
ddgelder
lvl.1

Netherlands

JustName Posted at 12-23 14:39
That looks really good and Curacao is a really good dive site!

Did you had an additional housing?

Thanx! I used the DJI dive housing.

Red filters only working on certain depths is why it would be great if DJI could enable measuring and locking the white balance while the camera is in the dive housing. This would really make this the best action cam for diving.
2022-12-23
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ddgelder Posted at 12-23 15:18
Thanx! I used the DJI dive housing.

Red filters only working on certain depths is why it would be great if DJI could enable measuring and locking the white balance while the camera is in the dive housing. This would really make this the best action cam for diving.

No, because the lighting conditions under water change constantly and the white balance would have to be performed constantly. You will need not the same filter on the depth of 5 meters as on 10 meters, etc.
In addition, each filter means a reduction of the light that enters the camera.
Less light => more noise..

The only advantage of the filter would be if you absolutely do not want to post-process the videos. In most cases, however, you will have a pretty heavy red cast.
2022-12-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent video. Nice to see someone using their camera as intended rather than just sitting in their room winging and testing  the camera in scenarios that it was designed to do. Well done
2022-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amazing.   Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-24
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

gorgeously
2022-12-24
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, I think your video shows focus issues were fixed with Firmware.
2022-12-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The colour looks great to me. The biggest problem with red filters (if you start using them) is that you end up with less light and water colour isn’t consistent all the way down.  I took a load of footage under the sea in Menorca and just set the white balance before going down. Can’t remember what temp I set it at now TBH but just added red in post.

I also took footage with various shades of red/orange filters, but still ended up having to play around with colour in post, plus more noise.

Having 10 bit and d-cinelike on tha Action 3 will give you lots of leeway.
2022-12-24
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-24 04:18
Great job, I think your video shows focus issues were fixed with Firmware.

It's impossible to fix hardware with new firmware... ;)
2022-12-25
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-25 04:56
It's impossible to fix hardware with new firmware... ;)

You’re right and thats how we all know there wasn’t a hardware problem. Many tried to say there was but not a single one could prove it.
2022-12-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-25 10:41
You’re right and thats how we all know there wasn’t a hardware problem. Many tried to say there was but not a single one could prove it.

Haven't you watched videos from people? Not talking about short videos, but longer videos showing how bad focus is.

Here is one of my videos where you can clearly see how bad the focus is

A-camera is OA3, B-camera is GoPro 10

2022-12-25
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 12-25 12:23
Haven't you watched videos from people? Not talking about short videos, but longer videos showing how bad focus is.

Here is one of my videos where you can clearly see how bad the focus is

Yes I have watched, but since that video was made many improvements have come with FW.  There has been no acceptance that there was a hardware problem and there has been no proof except conspiracies from about a dozen going back 3 months on this forum. It is people like you who don’t accept that problems were sorted with recent firmware.

So to conclude if you have no proof except from a few conspiracy theorists on this forum including many who don’t even own A3 then all you have is conspiracies . There is absolutely no confirmed proof or evidence that there is a hardware problem with A3, yet you continue to spread rubbish theory’s .
Please post proof that this is a HARDWARE problem , if not all you are doing is spreading ridiculous theory’s from a bunch of know it all fools who cannot and will not show this was or is a hardware problem. So proof first and preferably from someone who knows…..
2022-12-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 12-25 12:23

Here is one of my videos where you can clearly see how bad the focus is

Must B nice living there so you can go out to nowhere land and not having a single soul around you. Put up a tent in the summer and just watch the milky way. Although I could not tolerate the cold and all the snow for long.
2022-12-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 12-25 16:11
Must B nice living there so you can go out to nowhere land and not having a single soul around you. Put up a tent in the summer and just watch the milky way. Although I could not tolerate the cold and all the snow for long.

We actually doesn't have dark nights here in summer, midnight sun from mid May to August
And yeah we have winter 6 month and it can be really cold sometimes, but never experienced more than -33c where I live. 2 hours with car from here they can have -50c almost every year during winter.
2022-12-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-25 10:41
You’re right and thats how we all know there wasn’t a hardware problem. Many tried to say there was but not a single one could prove it.

And why do you think DJI admits that there is a problem with some modules ?
Perhaps they are also mistaken?
2022-12-26
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Kamen666 Posted at 12-26 01:37

Don't feed the dumb trolls ;-) Just ignore them
2022-12-26
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-26 01:37

Dji never admitted to any hardware problem. NEVER….yet it’s people like you and others without any proof saying its a hardware problem. If you have this proof post it , otherwise you haven’t a clue,
2022-12-26
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 12-26 01:42
Don't feed the dumb trolls ;-) Just ignore them

The only DUMB troll here is you , giving out ridiculous advice which thankfully almost know one has taken you up on , it seems Qanon is alive and well on this forum.

You still have failed to post any video of any length on this forum with the results of your great escapade . So post the videos and photos as others have done or move on troll…
2022-12-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-26 05:46
Dji never admitted to any hardware problem. NEVER….yet it’s people like you and others without any proof saying its a hardware problem. If you have this proof post it , otherwise you haven’t a clue,

I will ask you again to review the forum carefully! There is quite a bit of evidence directly from them, screenshots, etc. Instead of rushing to write unjustified and false comments, you can check the facts! Dare!?! Good luck
2022-12-26
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-26 09:27
I will ask you again to review the forum carefully! There is quite a bit of evidence directly from them, screenshots, etc. Instead of rushing to write unjustified and false comments, you can check the facts! Dare!?! Good luck

Show me one single post that shows DJI have admitted to a hardware problem, or where someone has shown it to be a hardware problem. You keep saying they are there but you can’t point to any.
2022-12-26
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-26 10:37
Show me one single post that shows DJI have admitted to a hardware problem, or where someone has shown it to be a hardware problem. You keep saying they are there but you can’t point to any.

I can point them out to you at any time, whether it's worth it for you is a separate question. Who seeks finds
2022-12-27
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-27 03:04
I can point them out to you at any time, whether it's worth it for you is a separate question. Who seeks finds

Once agai another conspiracy theory . Not a scintilla of evidence . Made up rubbish…
2022-12-27
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-27 16:20
Once agai another conspiracy theory . Not a scintilla of evidence . Made up rubbish…

Once again, same spam from your posts...
2022-12-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-28 02:33
Once again, same spam from your posts...

Well you think people can post ridiculous conspiracies without any proof and expect others to believe the crock of S##t lies that you and others keep spouting . Without a scintilla of proof you expect others to give up any warranty on an OA3 for a fix that has never been shown to work. This guy won’t post because he fixed nothing and has no proof… it’s rubbish but every time proof is asked for it’s met with insults but never proof.  
2022-12-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They don’t ‘expect’ anyone to give up warranties. As far as they are concerned, they have posted proof. I’ve seen the pictures and videos. No one has posted a crock of xxxx lies. That's an exaggeration. There is no conspiracy, that’s an exaggeration.

So why don’t we all ‘agree to disagree’ and leave it at that?
2022-12-28
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-28 07:54
Well you think people can post ridiculous conspiracies without any proof and expect others to believe the crock of S##t lies that you and others keep spouting . Without a scintilla of proof you expect others to give up any warranty on an OA3 for a fix that has never been shown to work. This guy won’t post because he fixed nothing and has no proof… it’s rubbish but every time proof is asked for it’s met with insults but never proof.

I'm curious what you two proved with Mr. Plumb? Besides being of low culture and throwing insults left and right.....
I trust only my eyes! to no one else, so that whatever more you write - it is superfluous.
2022-12-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-29 10:43
I'm curious what you two proved with Mr. Plumb? Besides being of low culture and throwing insults left and right.....
I trust only my eyes! to no one else, so that whatever more you write - it is superfluous.

Again a fool with no substance …..

“I know now that what makes a fool is an inability to take even his own good advice.”

2022-12-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 11:11
Again a fool with no substance …..

Just don't say, please, that I've offended you again
It looks very good, who needs to go back to elementary school ;)
2022-12-29
Use props
Rock the Bock
lvl.1

Germany

Wow! Great! Your Camera has no Focus issue. The image quality is huge better compared to my oa3.
2022-12-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-29 11:19
Just don't say, please, that I've offended you again
It looks very good, who needs to go back to elementary school ;)

I think the fool answers his own questions.

2022-12-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 11:26
I think the fool answers his own questions.

[view_image]

His stupid vocabulary is starting to run out, so now we're going to screenshot her apparently...
Do you want me to give you my facebook too so you can poke around there? Grandpa?
2022-12-29
Use props
andywillett
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Great colour
2-24 12:58
Use props
DCR
lvl.2
Mexico

Nice, I just received the osmo action diving case, love to see it has a very good performance...
2-24 16:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules