Avata Flops wont take off
2930 10 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fout999
lvl.1

United States

just took my new Avata out for a test run. using Motion Controller
first two attempts it leaned towards the front right prop and died.
third attempt i let the props spin a bit before attempting to take off. it started flopping around on the sidewalk.
any help? it almost seems like all prop motors arent synced up correctly?
this is my first FPV experience. bit disappointed.

2022-12-29
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

That is definitely not correct. You have to double click the red action button on the Motion Controller to start the motors. Then long click it to get the motors to speed and it lifts approx 0.5m above ground. And only then the inputs from the Motion Controller cause the Avata to turn and move.
So if anything else happens in the first take off phase, it is a faulty drone, nothing you are doing wrong.
2022-12-29
Use props
Fout999
lvl.1

United States

WernerD Posted at 12-29 14:29
That is definitely not correct. You have to double click the red action button on the Motion Controller to start the motors. Then long click it to get the motors to speed and it lifts approx 0.5m above ground. And only then the inputs from the Motion Controller cause the Avata to turn and move.
So if anything else happens in the first take off phase, it is a faulty drone, nothing you are doing wrong.

was thinking the same. going to try to see if there is potentially a calibration error and try again.
if that doesn't work i will have to send it back.
2022-12-29
Use props
Fout999
lvl.1

United States

WernerD Posted at 12-29 14:29
That is definitely not correct. You have to double click the red action button on the Motion Controller to start the motors. Then long click it to get the motors to speed and it lifts approx 0.5m above ground. And only then the inputs from the Motion Controller cause the Avata to turn and move.

Man, i am a dumb###. changed the props (been a while) for some bright orange ones and forgot that there are specific props for each motor. think i had them mixed up. will test tomorrow but i am pretty sure that explains the hopping behavior.
been flying for 4 years and haven't changed props on a drone in 3 at least.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please double-check the propellers that you install on the unit and please install the propellers into the corresponding marked motor then check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial video below (start @4:16) for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-12-29
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recommend read the 81 pages Avata Manual, here:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Avata/20221208/DJI_Avata_User_Manual_EN.pdf
2022-12-29
Use props
Fout999
lvl.1

United States

HDPS Posted at 12-29 20:27
Recommend read the 81 pages Avata Manual, here:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Avata/20221208/DJI_Avata_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Thanks. not finding the pdf at that link.
but i found it here.
https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads
2022-12-30
Use props
Fout999
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-29 19:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please double-check the propellers that you install on the unit and please install the propellers into the corresponding marked motor then check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial video below (start @4:16) for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUQxj-JFm8M

The propellers being improperly installed was indeed the problem. launched with zero problems yesterday.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fout999 Posted at 1-2 07:07
The propellers being improperly installed was indeed the problem. launched with zero problems yesterday.

Perfect! We're glad that you managed to isolate the said issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your continue support!
2023-1-6
Use props
jakeflys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598481 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys this helped me too! same issue.
3-27 09:38
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jakeflys Posted at 3-27 09:38
Thanks guys this helped me too! same issue.

Hello, Jake. We're glad that the solution above isolates your issue. If you have other technical inquiries or concerns, feel free to post them directly on the Homepage or send us a DM for further assistance. Thank you for your valued support!
3-28 01:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules