Questions about the DJI RS3 Mini
7857 19 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Zoologist
lvl.2
Thailand

First thing first, great job DJI! The new RS3 Mini looks absolutely awesome! I am interested in buying one, but I need to confirm a few things before I buy one.

1. Will it be compatible with the Canon r10 with the Canon rf 100-400mm f/5.6-8 is usm lens fully zoomed out? - The camera + lens weights only around 1.1Kg, which is under the 2Kg max payload. However, it is a little front heavy at 400mm.

2. Some Youtubers mentioned that the RS3 Mini still do not have Activetrack/not compatible with RavenEye, is this correct? If yes, are there any plans to introduce Activetrack to the RS3 Mini through things like updates?
- Asking because  Activetrack is important in my line of work.

Thanks!
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your interest.
DJI RS 3 Mini does not support Canon rf 100-400mm f/5.6-8 and Active Track.
2023-1-12
Use props
The Zoologist
lvl.2
Thailand

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-12 04:35

Does not support both 100-400 and active track, that is unfortunate. Thanks for the update!
2023-1-12
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Sony Alpha 1 is very similar to the A7Siii.  Will it support that body along with a Sigma 24-70 lens?  I would think so since that body is basically the same as the A7Siii.
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

The Zoologist Posted at 1-12 06:36
Does not support both 100-400 and active track, that is unfortunate. Thanks for the update!

You are most welcome.
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

A1C Posted at 1-12 10:13
The Sony Alpha 1 is very similar to the A7Siii.  Will it support that body along with a Sigma 24-70 lens?  I would think so since that body is basically the same as the A7Siii.

Hello, there. DJI RS3 Mini support Sony Alpha 1 but not Sigma 24-70 lens.
2023-1-13
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-13 00:29
Hello, there. DJI RS3 Mini support Sony Alpha 1 but not Sigma 24-70 lens.

Just curious why the lens is not supported.  The camera with the lens is definitely below the weight limit (about 1.5kg).  Is it simply that DJI has not tested it?
2023-1-13
Use props
marlonetorresyahoo.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361 ft
United States

No way a 100-400 is gonna balance on this gimbal. Struggling with a much smaller 24-105.
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

A1C Posted at 1-13 05:29
Just curious why the lens is not supported.  The camera with the lens is definitely below the weight limit (about 1.5kg).  Is it simply that DJI has not tested it?

Sorry for the late response. Canon R10 has approximately 429 grams(including battery and storage card), and its net weight has 382 grams. However, the lens weighs about 635 grams. That means the center is lean toward the lens, which will make users unable to balance. Even though you balance the gimbal at last, the camera and lens will touch the roll axis.
2023-1-15
Use props
fansb53887fe
New
Poland

What does "Subject Tracking" mean and how does it work?
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_zrtSgB6VsVFe
New
Portugal

Hi. Is it worth upgrading from ronin sc to rs3 mini? Will I notice a difference, especially at the level of stabilization? Thx
2023-1-15
Use props
alexyork3d
New

United Kingdom

Does anybody know if it's possible to use Bluetooth mode between RS3 Mini and Sony A7 IV, and have the gimbal wheel control focus instead of zoom? The only way I can seem to get that wheel to control focus is to use the USB C cable, but if this can be done over Bluetooth that would be ideal.

Cheers,
2023-1-15
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

alexyork3d Posted at 1-15 12:50
Does anybody know if it's possible to use Bluetooth mode between RS3 Mini and Sony A7 IV, and have the gimbal wheel control focus instead of zoom? The only way I can seem to get that wheel to control focus is to use the USB C cable, but if this can be done over Bluetooth that would be ideal.

Cheers,

You find the answer directly on DJI site. https://www.dji.com/it/support/compatibility/rs-3-mini/a7m4
2023-1-15
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-15 02:53
Sorry for the late response. Canon R10 has approximately 429 grams(including battery and storage card), and its net weight has 382 grams. However, the lens weighs about 635 grams. That means the center is lean toward the lens, which will make users unable to balance. Even though you balance the gimbal at last, the camera and lens will touch the roll axis.

I just got my mini, and I can see why Sigma 24-70 is not officially supported.  I can get it to balance, and the gimbal works fine, but it is borderline, and I had to remove the eye-piece from the camera to get it not to run into the gimbal itself.

Not an issue for me.  DJI made it clear what is usable and what is not.  I love the mini so far.  I can't believe how much lighter and smaller it is than my RS2.  I always wanted to be able to have a gimbal in my backpack, but with the size and weight of my RS2, it was never an option.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

A1C Posted at 1-15 17:52
I just got my mini, and I can see why Sigma 24-70 is not officially supported.  I can get it to balance, and the gimbal works fine, but it is borderline, and I had to remove the eye-piece from the camera to get it not to run into the gimbal itself.

Not an issue for me.  DJI made it clear what is usable and what is not.  I love the mini so far.  I can't believe how much lighter and smaller it is than my RS2.  I always wanted to be able to have a gimbal in my backpack, but with the size and weight of my RS2, it was never an option.

Thanks for your support and feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-1-15
Use props
saltsugar
lvl.1
United States

I have a Sony a7Siii with the Sony 16-35mm f4 PZ power zoom lens. I have connected the camera to my RS 3 Mini using the Sony multi cable. I can control focus with the Mini's front dial, but I would like to be able to use it to control zoom. Thus far, I haven't been able to accomplish this. Anyone have any experience/luck with this combination?
2023-4-27
Use props
fans6525315a
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-12 04:35

Will the rs3 mini support the canon r8?
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans6525315a Posted at 7-14 10:33
Will the rs3 mini support the canon r8?

Thank you for your support. We have done a check and confirmed that your camera model is not on the Compatibility List. Of the Ronin series single handheld gimbals available, DJI RS 3 Mini can meet your camera's payload stabilization requests, but cannot support camera control.
Please rest assured that I will send the camera and lens models you provided to the DJI engineers for evaluation. You can also go to the Ronin Series Compatibility Search page (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2), and fill in "Request for your model" in the bottom right corner so that the DJI engineers can better understand your request. Thank you for your understanding and support.
* If the camera is too light, you may consider using counterweights.
2023-7-16
Use props
NOMULA DEVASHISH MAHESH GOUD HU21CSE
New

India

Hello there, does dji rs3 mini support the focus motor
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_IBRXUwD8iRnk
New
Philippines

Hello, I just want to know if I can still be able to attach a focus motor in Dji RS 3 Mini? Thank you.
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules