DJI MINI 3 PRO MOTOR CLICKING NOISE
3603 17 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kLPKYyj8utwb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48028 ft
Australia

I've just noticed when I spin my propellers manually while its off, it makes a clicking noise and you can feel the clicks on your finger. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?
Thanks.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message on the DJI Fly app whenever you try to fly the unit? Please check if there is dust or debris on the motor then carefully remove it. You may also calibrate the IMU of the aircraft for you to ensure stability. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_kLPKYyj8utwb
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-27 21:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message on the DJI Fly app whenever you try to fly the unit? Please check if there is dust or debris on the motor then carefully remove it. You may also calibrate the IMU of the aircraft for you to ensure stability. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply! No error messages on the DJI Fly app whenever I try to fly it, except for 1 time when one of the props were stuck together, simply separated the prop and it was fine. I've flown it for just under 3 hours of flight time. I've inspected the motors, no dust or debris in the motors. It takes off fine and flies fine. It's just that clicking noise and feeling when I spin the props with my finger whilst it is off. I just wanted to find out if it was normal or if I should be worried about it.

Thanks.
2023-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kLPKYyj8utwb Posted at 1-27 23:54
Thanks for the reply! No error messages on the DJI Fly app whenever I try to fly it, except for 1 time when one of the props were stuck together, simply separated the prop and it was fine. I've flown it for just under 3 hours of flight time. I've inspected the motors, no dust or debris in the motors. It takes off fine and flies fine. It's just that clicking noise and feeling when I spin the props with my finger whilst it is off. I just wanted to find out if it was normal or if I should be worried about it.

Thanks.

Is it just one motor or all four that make the same clicking?  

I had a clicking in one motor and couldn't see anything in the motor.  However, after aiming compressed air through the motor the clicking noise stopped so must have been something really small stuck inside that was not visible to the eye.  
2023-1-28
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 04:05
Is it just one motor or all four that make the same clicking?  

I had a clicking in one motor and couldn't see anything in the motor.  However, after aiming compressed air through the motor the clicking noise stopped so must have been something really small stuck inside that was not visible to the eye.

Pretty much all 4, some louder than the others, 1 very quiet. My mate has a DJI MINI 3 PRO and his props also click. I had a look inside the motors and in front of the coils there are like small square magnets, I'm guessing it might be them? It clicks every 2mm it moves and it is about 2mm apart each magnet.

Was this your DJI MINI 3 PRO that stopped clicking after using compressed air in it?
2023-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

justablokewithacamera Posted at 1-28 04:25
Pretty much all 4, some louder than the others, 1 very quiet. My mate has a DJI MINI 3 PRO and his props also click. I had a look inside the motors and in front of the coils there are like small square magnets, I'm guessing it might be them? It clicks every 2mm it moves and it is about 2mm apart each magnet.

Was this your DJI MINI 3 PRO that stopped clicking after using compressed air in it?

Yes, the Mini 3 Pro.  Has been flown a lot without the noise returning.  
2023-1-28
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

Ohhh okay nice! What kind of compressed air did you use? Can or?
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_kLPKYyj8utwb Posted at 1-27 23:54
Thanks for the reply! No error messages on the DJI Fly app whenever I try to fly it, except for 1 time when one of the props were stuck together, simply separated the prop and it was fine. I've flown it for just under 3 hours of flight time. I've inspected the motors, no dust or debris in the motors. It takes off fine and flies fine. It's just that clicking noise and feeling when I spin the props with my finger whilst it is off. I just wanted to find out if it was normal or if I should be worried about it.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response. Could you please place the aircraft in a quiet environment and please record a short video showing the issue so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-29
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-29 02:06
Thank you for your response. Could you please place the aircraft in a quiet environment and please record a short video showing the issue so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Here's a link to the video
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Lbz_wsAcEeI
2023-1-29
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

justablokewithacamera Posted at 1-29 02:24
Here's a link to the video

2023-1-29
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Don't worry, that's totally normal. I have had 2 dji drones so far and had the exact same thing on both.
2023-2-6
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you so much! I feel so relieved now, haha!
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

justablokewithacamera Posted at 1-29 02:25

Sorry for the late response. Based on our remote judgment, this appears normal based on the materials you provided. Due to a difference in standards between motor part dimensions and assembly, each motor runs a bit differently, which means that they may generate different sounds. This is normal. Some motors may produce louder sounds, but the sounds are kept within a specific range. These motors still have normal power performances. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-23
Use props
justablokewithacamera
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you so much for your reply!
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

justablokewithacamera Posted at 2-23 02:56
Thank you so much for your reply!

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Happy flying always!
2023-2-23
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

justablokewithacamera Posted at 1-29 02:25

2023-6-15
Use props
Sinclairr
New

United Kingdom

You can stick a long small strip of paper on the gimbal cover, put the long strip together with the propellers, and then take off the gimbal cover every time before turning on the machine.

t’s so funny. I once put on a protective cover and went up to the sky. As a result, the infrared range measurement was blocked and I couldn’t land.
I  hung up an Arduino, but also covered the lower ranging hole.
Then the 10cm height to the ground never dropped (normally it would be impossible to stick it so close to the ground).
In-flight reminder: The lens protective cover has not been removed, haha DJI can’t even imagine that I have mounted the Arduino

Finally, the left stick was pressed down continuously for more than 15 seconds, forcing the landing.

————————————————
STEPPERMOTOR.FR motors to meet the needs of different customers and different applications are now available Nema 17 stepper motor ,  Nema 23 stepper motor  and more.
2023-12-2
Use props
Duran
New

United States

Hi there You can stick a long small strip
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules