938 3 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottArt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54032 ft
United States

Hi All,

Relatively new to drone flying but super excited!  Got the Mini3 Pro over the holidays and been practicing locally quite a lot.

First real opportunity is coming up and I thought I'd solicit this group.  Spending a long weekend in Sedona next weekend to do a run and hopefully capture some EPIC landscapes with my drone.

Spent ALOT of time on youtube and have also passed my Part 107, so I've got some grounding.

Any suggestions/advice from those who have been to Sedona?  

Thanks all,

Scott
2023-1-30
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

Hi Scott, I also just started flying drone over the holidays so not sure about areas where it’s ok to fly in Sedona, but I have been there numerous times. I can suggest areas, but you will have to check if you’re ok to fly there. If not you will still find lots of opportunities as Sedona has some awesome scenery. Devils Bridge and Seven Sacred Pool area is very nice. Also the 89A north out of the city has some awesome views. The West Fork Trail on this road also has some wonderful scenery, the trial crosses the stream like 13 times thru its length. The Bell Rock area on the 179 coming in from the south would make for some awesome footage. Good luck and have fun! For non filming activities check out the Tlaquepaque Arts & Shopping Village in town for shop and lunch. If you have any extra time you can always shoot over to Clarkedale for pics of vid of the Verde Canyon Railroad which departs from the station which would make for some interesting shoots if possible.
2023-1-31
Use props
ScottArt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54032 ft
United States

AZ Tony Posted at 1-31 07:20
Hi Scott, I also just started flying drone over the holidays so not sure about areas where it’s ok to fly in Sedona, but I have been there numerous times. I can suggest areas, but you will have to check if you’re ok to fly there. If not you will still find lots of opportunities as Sedona has some awesome scenery. Devils Bridge and Seven Sacred Pool area is very nice. Also the 89A north out of the city has some awesome views. The West Fork Trail on this road also has some wonderful scenery, the trial crosses the stream like 13 times thru its length. The Bell Rock area on the 179 coming in from the south would make for some awesome footage. Good luck and have fun! For non filming activities check out the Tlaquepaque Arts & Shopping Village in town for shop and lunch. If you have any extra time you can always shoot over to Clarkedale for pics of vid of the Verde Canyon Railroad which departs from the station which would make for some interesting shoots if possible.

Awesome!  Thanks so much!  Was also planning on going up to Jerome and shoot the haunted hotel!
2023-2-2
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

No problem, if you make it to Jerome, go past the firehouse to the Gold King Mine and Ghost Town, the area is a photo gem with all of the old collectible cars and buildings.
2023-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules