1132 3 2023-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi 4D owners, quick couple of questions on the Ronin 4D. I shoot fairly regular out of a heli, I was hoping someone could answer if this gimbal can hold steady in a helicopter, horizon level without folding or flopping over and I really would like to use this for video but to be able to captrue raw DNG stills aswell, can this camera sawitch to still mode to take dng stills then flick into record mode to shoot video?Thanks in advance.

2023-2-21
Use props
peta-xZx
lvl.1

Spain

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Why is the documentation and features information so hard to find, I want to buy one but I would like to know WTF I am buying... exactly.. I men sure it is a cinema camera on a gimbal, great. A little more detail on the features. I think we all know that is can record a fricking variety codecs, what else can I do with it. Can it replace my RS4 pro and  fujifilm XH2? CXan I auto shoot a panorama, what about timelapse and so on. It is a lot of money to just buy blind.
4-27 00:38
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

peta-xZx Posted at 4-27 00:38
I would like to know the answer to this as well. Why is the documentation and features information so hard to find, I want to buy one but I would like to know WTF I am buying... exactly.. I men sure it is a cinema camera on a gimbal, great. A little more detail on the features. I think we all know that is can record a fricking variety codecs, what else can I do with it. Can it replace my RS4 pro and  fujifilm XH2? CXan I auto shoot a panorama, what about timelapse and so on. It is a lot of money to just buy blind.

Nobody needs to buy anything blind is my experience. Every piece of tech I have purchased over the past decade has had a freely downloadable operating manual I was able to consult before making my decision if I chose to. Admittedly it may be unfashionable to read manuals but when the alternative is asking strangers . . . .

Almost anything you ask online will elicit contradictory answers, which relegates them to little more than opinions, so here is a link to the most recent Ronin 4D User Manual, which you may choose not to read but from which you can at least verify any opinions you receive. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
4-27 22:30
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Skyris. No facility to shoot stills in-camera I'm afraid and what you would need to address your second point is the optional DJI Ronin External GPS Module which (quote): . . . .  effectively provides position and speed information of the gimbal as a reference for calculating attitude. This offers more stability during fast acceleration or deceleration, allowing for smoother videos with less gimbal drift.  

It's about 60GBP, so pretty cheap and small enough to make me wonder why DJI didn't include one in the 4D's internals. I believe there's also an associated adapter or bracket to buy. I've seen a few examples of people using the GPS module to successfully mitigate gimbal drift and maintain a horizon while tracking cars at high speed.
4-27 22:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules