RS3 and iPhone 13 Pro
3112 4 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueEyedLion
New
Canada

So I have an iPhone 13 pro with a ND filter and occasionally a Moment lens.  I've tried the purpose built gimbals for SmartPhones like the Zhiyun Smooth 5S but to be honest the performance is not great.  Jerky motion on the pan axis.  I've read that the Omso equivalent motors won't be strong enough to handle a smartphone with accessories which is why I tried the RS3.  To be honest, it works great!  Super smooth and didn't need any counterweights at all for it to balance perfectly.  The sad thing is that there's no integration with the app or Filmic Pro.  I feel like this is a grey area in DJI's line-up because there must be others that are doing this for the same reason.  We know that DJI has an SDK that works with Filmic for the Osmo so wondering if there's any possibility to port that over to the RS3?  
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BlueEyedLion. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we can't guarantee that there will be an SDK development for the DJI RS 3. The Osmo Mobile series does not have an SDK as well (only Huawei has opened its SDK interface to DJI for Osmo Mobile Series). We still recommend to use our recommended products which in your case would be the DJI Osmo Mobile series products. But I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ).  Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-3-5
Use props
UltraDeck
lvl.1

United States

Seconded! I use my iPhone 13 Pro Max with a beast grip/lenses/filters and the RS3 has been amazing at providing stabilization...but all controls to operate the camera must be done with the touch screen which is such a shame (and such a pain). Currently all the options available to iPhone filmmakers and videographers force you to choose between high max payload OR app supported gimbal controls, but you can't have both. Very frustrating.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_IbCvIoGKqTs9
New

France

Planning to get a gimbal for a lightweight trip in Thaïlande with iPhone 14 Pro Max then a more weighted trek with a A6400 (that îll change for a ev1), i wanted a gimbal that can do both. I second this, i don’t want to get 2 gimbal when the 500€ one should do What the Om6 does
2023-7-5
Use props
JProduction
New

Germany

Dear DJI Team,

I use the IPhone15 with a Cage and Extra Lenses.
Hence, the weight I'm not able to use it with the Osmo 6 so the only near affordable Option is the DJI RS 3 Mini.
Sadly, it doesn't support the iPhone 15 as the main Camera.
The cheaper Product (Osmo 6) can handle it while the more professional solution (RS 3 Mini) can't.
I hope there will be a an Software Update soon to eliminate that downside.
Might be also a big selling point for the DJI Rs 3 Mini if there is an solution.
3-20 02:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules