Android Transmission Issue Solved - I think....
678 0 2023-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI SBNWS
lvl.1

United States

For those of you like me who don't use Apple iPhones, you've probably noticed that your range is horrible. Well, if you scroll to the 'transmission' tab you'll notice under 'frequency' you only have the option of 2.4ghz and not the 'dual' band using both 5 or 2.4. EERO wifi uses a very similar tech where they combine both wifi signals into one. I was doing a test today on a hunch and low and behold, it worked. For some reason (I am using a Samsung S22Ultra, but this did the same thing with my S21) either Samsung or Android in general, but I think it's just a Samsung thing, their internal radios have a conflict with the DJI app's radio controller. But if you PUT THE PHONE INTO AIRPLANE MODE, it works! So, BEFORE you open the DJI Fly App, put your phone into Airplane mode and the 'dual' transmission (occusync) will work just fine. Then, when you're done, don't forget to put the phone back out of Airplane mode otherwise no one will be able to call you!

I've been dealing with this for months and have yet to see a solution. But I guess I just did!

Personally I like the idea of using my phone rather than a RC Pro controller because you're often getting new phones and updated equipment whereby spending $1000 for the controller with the screen you're stuck with dating hardware. Just my opinion.

And if you want something really cool, I just installed the Alientech amplified antenna and wow. For $20 you can get the suction cup mount that attaches to the top of your car with 5' cables so you can stay in the car (or your home) and put the antenna outside and all I can say is, "Damn!". The only limit to range with that thing is the battery life. I'm using the Mav 3 so I get about 40 min or so. Absolutely no loss of bars no matter how far I'm flying, even (shhhhh, don't tell the FAA or a FAA Karen) out of sight.
2023-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules