DJI Ronin app and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
2262 6 2023-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

I know the compatibility lists Samsung Galaxy S20 as being the latest in the Galaxy series that is supported by the DJI Ronin app, but is there anyone here that is having any luck using the app with the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra? Otherwise I'm going to have to purchase a Galaxy S20.

Cheers,
John.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your inquiry. Samsung Galaxy S23 has not been tested by our engineers for the DJI Ronin app. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you go to the nearest outlet on your location to test first the device. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-19
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-19 20:21
Thank you for your inquiry. Samsung Galaxy S23 has not been tested by our engineers for the DJI Ronin app. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you go to the nearest outlet on your location to test first the device. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Cheers,
John.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AussieLand Posted at 3-19 20:49

Cheers,

You are most welcome, John. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-22
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

AussieLand Posted at 3-19 20:49

Cheers,

Any change to this yet?

I'd like to point out that the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is the flagship of Samsung's phones and should demand the ultimate attention to your software compatibility!

This is not just some SH1T chinese phone here!!!
2023-10-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

AussieLand Posted at 10-25 18:50
Any change to this yet?

I'd like to point out that the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is the flagship of Samsung's phones and should demand the ultimate attention to your software compatibility!

I have an S23+ and the Ronin app works just fine. I doubt that there is any tremendous difference between the + and Ultra that would cause a problem with the app.
The Pixel 7 and probably the 8 have a lot of trouble with the DJI apps though... Just a reminder that you have to get the Ronin app directly from DJI since it is not on the Playstore. It will give a warning that it might be "dangerous" but with a few additional clicks/permissions, it will install and work.
2023-10-26
Use props
AussieLand
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go.
2023-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules