IMU status displays "Moving"
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BayouWilly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65545 ft
United States

I was lucky to find a new, old stock P4A.  I activated it and received warranty registration.  I installed the latest firmware (1.0.128). When I power it up all status is good.  However I checked the Sensors State and both Accelerometers and both Gyroscopes show Moving.  Both compasses check good (green).  I have done the 6-step IMU calibration and it completed with success.  But it still displays Moving.

I have not tried to fly it.  Is it safe to try lifting off or is this a warranty return issue?

Thanks, Ken
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Ken. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kindly post a screenshot of the status for further checking. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
2023-4-7
Use props
BayouWilly
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply, Tony.  Screen shot attached.

2023-4-8
Use props
BayouWilly
lvl.1
United States

This is the status display when first powered up:
2023-4-8
Use props
BayouWilly
lvl.1
United States

Well I took the P4A out for a test flight and it flies perfectly.  I did yet another IMU calibration that completed with no problem so I decided to give it a try.  It flies locked in and solid in the wind with no indication of a problem in the way the aircraft handles or the gimbal action.  It appears the "Moving" IMU status is bogus.  Has anyone else seen this on a P4?
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BayouWilly Posted at 4-8 09:41
This is the status display when first powered up:
[view_image]

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, and apologies for the delayed response. If the app does not show any error/prompt, then it is within the normal range. The status "Moving" is just like "Loading." Please feel free to use the product. Should you encounter any errors, please let us know. Have a nice day!
2023-4-18
Use props
BayouWilly
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-18 04:34
Thanks for sharing the screenshot, and apologies for the delayed response. If the app does not show any error/prompt, then it is within the normal range. The status "Moving" is just like "Loading." Please feel free to use the product. Should you encounter any errors, please let us know. Have a nice day!

Thanks for the response, Tony.  I had come to that conclusion since it flies great.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BayouWilly Posted at 4-18 12:06
Thanks for the response, Tony.  I had come to that conclusion since it flies great.

You are most welcome. Happy flying!
2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules