What is the Remote ID on the Air 2S?
22608 49 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 01:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The application for the C1 class identification label for the DJI Air 2s is expected to be supported in March 2024. The exact date is to be determined by the dedicated EU authority. For the latest news and updates, we suggest you subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com/ . We appreciate your valued support.

Thank you for your kind answer!

I have only a A1/A3 license. Should I enter the ID number when the C1 class becomes available, or will I not be affected by this change?
2-19 02:49
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4 Posted at 2-19 02:49
Thank you for your kind answer!

I have only a A1/A3 license. Should I enter the ID number when the C1 class becomes available, or will I not be affected by this change?

At that time, you're supposed to do as follows, after you start the DJI Fly app, connect a drone to the app, choose Settings > Safety, go to UAS Remote Identification, and then enter the operator registration number. The drone will automatically broadcast the RID signal after takeoff.
2-19 02:58
Use props
djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-19 02:58
At that time, you're supposed to do as follows, after you start the DJI Fly app, connect a drone to the app, choose Settings > Safety, go to UAS Remote Identification, and then enter the operator registration number. The drone will automatically broadcast the RID signal after takeoff.

As I stated earlier, there is no such label/line in my FlyApp, and I've just been told that it is because it is not live in Europe yet.

I am in Sweden, but in an interesting coincidence, I plan to soon also fly my drone in Portugal (which also required plenty of applications and administration), as the other user who has the same question as I had.
2-19 03:05
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478245 ft
Portugal

Considering that Remote ID is still not available for Air 2s, does this mean that it is illegal to fly this drone in EU since January 1st, 2024?
2-20 15:10
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts Posted at 2-20 15:10
Considering that Remote ID is still not available for Air 2s, does this mean that it is illegal to fly this drone in EU since January 1st, 2024?

No, legacy drones are not required to have the Remote ID. But, depending on the interpretation of the Article 20, flying an Air 2S may be illegal for another reason: it has not yet an official MTOM declared.
There different interpretations: for instance, a user in the forum asked the CAA of Latvia and of Italy and obtained opposite answers.
For that reason, I'm letting my Air 2S in the wardrobe, waiting for the C1 classification.
2-21 00:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4 Posted at 2-19 03:05
As I stated earlier, there is no such label/line in my FlyApp, and I've just been told that it is because it is not live in Europe yet.

I am in Sweden, but in an interesting coincidence, I plan to soon also fly my drone in Portugal (which also required plenty of applications and administration), as the other user who has the same question as I had.

Thank you for your response. This function will only be supported in March and the exact date is yet to be determined. Please stay tuned to our official website for the latest news and updates. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a good one.
2-22 02:05
Use props
djiuser_ok0Bywk86pGt
New
United States

Hello there
When I try to fly my Mavic air 2s it shows this msg REMOTE ID ERROR  and it wont le me fly the drone. In this case what should I do, any help will be appreciated.  
3-31 05:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ok0Bywk86pGt Posted at 3-31 05:57
Hello there
When I try to fly my Mavic air 2s it shows this msg REMOTE ID ERROR  and it wont le me fly the drone. In this case what should I do, any help will be appreciated.

Hi there. Please make sure the aircraft firmware version is the latest. Ensure that the DJI Fly app version has been updated to the latest from the official website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Also, ensure the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "location permission of the DJI Fly are enabled. Feel free to keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
3-31 22:20
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Guys, switch on your Air2S, the C1 firmware update has finally arrived.
4-11 06:53
Use props
karieb
New
Flight distance : 2356 ft
United States

Help! I am trying to register my drone dji air 2s which by the FAA standards is remote id compliant but when I try to register it, the serial number is invalid and does not fall into the serial numbers that are approved. My drone is broadcasting, so thats not a issue. I bought my drone new from Best Buy not used or from a strange off market seller. What do I do?
4-17 07:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules