ACTION 3 Firmware Request - RTMPS Support
2733 17 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 556355 ft
United States

Purchased Action 3 for live streaming to GameChanger.  Discovered that Gamchanger only accepts streaming from devices that broadcast utilizing RTMPS (S=Secure Encription) protocol.  DJI Action 3 only broadcasts RTMP protocol.  Please add RTMPS on the next firmware release.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin, Thank you for your prompt reply, looking forward to utilizing a more robust camera (Action 3) than a Mevo Start for streaming to GameChanger.  .   
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ Posted at 5-2 06:05
DJI Paladin, Thank you for your prompt reply, looking forward to utilizing a more robust camera (Action 3) than a Mevo Start for streaming to GameChanger.  .

You are most welcome. We really appreciate also your valuable suggestion. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_N27POzki08AU
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI,
any update on this support by chance? I want to purchase an Action 3 over a GoPro11 but missing RTMPS support is a deal breaker
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_HUZWFYSx4Kmd
New
United States

Will RTMPS support be added? Deciding whether to stay with this camera or get GoPro for GameChanger streaming.
2023-7-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

will they tell you, no firmware most likely matured
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_NcRnta6d0kwT
lvl.1

United States

Would love an update on this… the only thing keeping me from selling my last GoPro and adding another Actoin 3 is the ability to stream gamechanger.   
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_V6oemFqG5w1M
New

United States

Any update on adding RTMPS?  I am thinking of going to GoPro due to this issue.  
2023-8-3
Use props
user8467521
New
Czechia

I need RTMPS too
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_V6oemFqG5w1M
New

United States

A response would be appreciated.  You are going to be losing customers over this issue.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_V6oemFqG5w1M Posted at 9-3 13:35
A response would be appreciated.  You are going to be losing customers over this issue.

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Rest assured this request has already been referred to our relevant team. It needs to undergo evaluation first before it gets approved. Please keep updated by visiting the DJI Official website as it will be officially announced once and approved and released.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 00:20
Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Rest assured this request has already been referred to our relevant team. It needs to undergo evaluation first before it gets approved. Please keep updated by visiting the DJI Official website as it will be officially announced once and approved and released.

Thanks Tony, at this point and time, we are hanging onto our Action 3's in hope that RTMPS is in the works.  

Call us impatient but your competitors (HERO) already have been supporting RTMPS for a few years now, I don't believe it should be such a big project to implement and rollout.

Instead of US visiting the website to be on the look out, I ask that this Topic and its members be updated  as to:

1.  Is RTMPS being considered for an update?
2.  Is RTMPS a function of a firmware or a Mimo Software update...or both.
3.  If so, what stage is RTMPS in (Development/Testing/Beta/Approval/Rollout)
4.  When can Us Action3/4 owners/users expect the update.

We appreciate not being treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed poop) .  Some of us had plans to LiveStream to all platforms prior to our purchases and were completly disappointed after our purchases only to discover that there were LiveStreaming protocol limitations including RTMPS as well as Facebook Live Streaming.   Perhaps the RTMPS/Facebook issue may somehow be related?  

Regards,

Jim Williams

2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_GCIHwL3opeY0
New
United States

Is anyone able to use a DJI Osmo Action 3 to stream live on WhatNot?!
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ Posted at 9-8 09:44
Thanks Tony, at this point and time, we are hanging onto our Action 3's in hope that RTMPS is in the works.  

Call us impatient but your competitors (HERO) already have been supporting RTMPS for a few years now, I don't believe it should be such a big project to implement and rollout.

Hi there. We understand the importance of the feature requested and it was already referred to our designated team. We currently cannot provide relevant information about our future plans or updates. We are hoping for your kind understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-10
Use props
djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-9-10 20:51
Hi there. We understand the importance of the feature requested and it was already referred to our designated team. We currently cannot provide relevant information about our future plans or updates. We are hoping for your kind understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.

Any updates on RTMPS for DJI products?  Most if not all stream hosting sites will be moving towards the RTMPS protocol, discontinuing RTMP protocol.
2-27 08:02
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ Posted at 2-27 08:02
Any updates on RTMPS for DJI products?  Most if not all stream hosting sites will be moving towards the RTMPS protocol, discontinuing RTMP protocol.

Look for it in the Action 6.
2-27 09:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ Posted at 2-27 08:02
Any updates on RTMPS for DJI products?  Most if not all stream hosting sites will be moving towards the RTMPS protocol, discontinuing RTMP protocol.

Hi there. DJI has not announced RTMPS support for the DJI products yet. Rest assured we are actively submitting all your feedback to the relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.
2-28 02:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules