DJI Osmo Mobile 5 is JUNK
692 0 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoninWizard
lvl.1
New Zealand

Not long back i bought a DJI RS3 Mini (Camera Gimbal) for my large camera, it absolutely love it!!! For the price of $600 NZD it has insanely good build quality and works amazingly and it is by far my favourite DJI product i have ever owned.

I decided based on how good the camera gimbals from DJI are, to go out and get one for my phone due to convenience of using my smartphone.

I bought the DJI Osmo Mobile 5 having the same excpectations of quailty and usability, i was utterly dissapointed.

List of things i hate about this gimbal:

-RUBBISH, JUNKY build quality.

-It weighs as much as a dorito (nothing)

-The extendable arm is flimsy and junky

-The foldioing arm desing is stupid

-Part of the gimbal arm spins freely when folded making it dificult to pack away

-The tripod is plastic junk and flimsy as anything

-When screwing in the tripod it never stops screwing in or hits an "end point of sorts" it just keeps getting tighter until it feels like its gonna snap

-Tripod unscrews way too easily despite the above point.

-Gimbals range of movement is of a STUPID low amount

-Gimbal motors arent smooth

-No underslung mode like my camera gimbal

-Tilt lock mode allows almost no movement before its forced to tilt due to stupid gimbal arm design

-Software is garbage

-Zoom slider may as well not be there because its awful

-joystick isnt analog, just 4 buttons

-Gimbal hits "limits" when moving around and jerks my phone in every direction when it hits these limits (normal on gimbals but range of movement is AWFUL)

To sum this up, my profesional camera gimbal thats so good costs twice the price of this stupid phone gimbal but is 1 million times better. There is NO way DJI phone gimbals are worth what they charge, its daylight robbery. Sure it may be unfair to compare this to a proper camera gimbal, but im sure you can see where im coming from with this. DJI had gained my trust as a brand but after this litteral peice of FECAL MATTER entered my hands i will think twice next time. I have a LONG list of more complaints about this gimbal but i think i have made my point.

If you value a quality and even slightly decent product, look elsewhere. From the looks of it, the osmo mobile 2 would actually fix quite a few of my complaints even though it so called a much older and worse gimbal. Get your stuff sorted out DJI

2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules