Mini2 gimbal disassembly
3816 12 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QBAS
lvl.1

Poland

Dear All,

I would like to ask how to properly disassemble the gimbal. I need to clean the small pcb after being flooded with water. It seems to me that the bearings need to be taken apart. My question is how to do it correctly? I have seen a special tool for disassembly but I am not able to determine the correct way.
2023-5-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think you can get the boards out without braking the gimbal, I'd love to be wrong but .....
Besides if it's built the same way as the Mavic MIni's gimbal there are two boards and three motors/bearings.
Even if you can press the motors etc. out of the bearings I would think it would be better to replace the bearings with new ones rather than try to pop off seals, clean the bearings and re lub them.
It would be satisfying but, I think, difficult.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, QBAS. Thank you for reaching out. For this kind of concern, we highly recommend sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis and disassembly to avoid further issues. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-5-31
Use props
QBAS
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-31 16:08
I don't think you can get the boards out without braking the gimbal, I'd love to be wrong but .....
Besides if it's built the same way as the Mavic MIni's gimbal there are two boards and three motors/bearings.
Even if you can press the motors etc. out of the bearings I would think it would be better to replace the bearings with new ones rather than try to pop off seals, clean the bearings and re lub them.

Bearings are OK. I don't want to repair.
Only small corrosion on pcb but it's difficult to clean. That's why I want to get them out and clean pcb.

I found this tool:
https://youtu.be/ORx-a9N28PI

I'm looking for some drawings or service manual with proper procedure description to not break parts during disassembly.
2023-6-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The M2P/Z have totally different designs of gimbal and assembly from a Mini, I have stripped an M2P gimbal and it's relatively easy, the only way I could expose the boards in a Mini's gimbal was to cut/break the gimbal apart, the gimbal was already 'dead'. The press might be useful if you can find someway of getting the boards out of their housing but that's the problem, I couldn't see a way of doing that. I did not try heat.
Best of luck either way.
2023-6-3
Use props
QBAS
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-3 00:42
The M2P/Z have totally different designs of gimbal and assembly from a Mini, I have stripped an M2P gimbal and it's relatively easy, the only way I could expose the boards in a Mini's gimbal was to cut/break the gimbal apart, the gimbal was already 'dead'. The press might be useful if you can find someway of getting the boards out of their housing but that's the problem, I couldn't see a way of doing that. I did not try heat.
Best of luck either way.

Tadaam;)
IMG_0006.jpeg
2023-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done, can you post a link to where you got the press please?
2023-6-17
Use props
QBAS
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 05:22

The information regarding the tool from China seemed wrong to me, and indeed it is. The axes of the motors are in the Mini2 the other way around than in the video, and probably this tool would not go.

I bought a simple modeling squeeze:
https://techmiks.pl/scisk-modelarski-aluminiowy-mini-am.html

I converted it by grinding the tip to the diameter of the motor axle (about 2mm) and used a hollow torx bit on the other side.
It is important that the diameter of the hole in the bit be as small as possible because the engine material is quite soft.

2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh thanks. Question, is the thicker part of the pin in the bearing or motor?

gimbal press edited 3.jpg
2023-6-19
Use props
QBAS
lvl.1

Poland

Long long time later.....

The small elements "pins" was pressed out from motor and bearings. Mostly is pressed in motor. During assembly first I connect pins with motor and next insert into bearing.
First bearing seems to be a little looser than second so last 2mm I had to use small press.
Generally assembly process is much easier then disassembly ;)

During disassembly I used "blue" line direction becouse is no way to press only pin with motor. The only one way is to press out pin at first.
I had to use pliers to screw a press abut during assembly only by hand.
2-4 03:54
Use props
Just robin FPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2023-6-17 05:22

I found the full video and the tool they used.

it is for sale on 'nl aliexpress com/item/1005004380252138 html'
It is a bit expensive (65 euro) but it is specially made for dji gimbals and fits on a lot of different gimbals, I ordered one my self so i can repair my dji mini 2 gimbal.

Here is the full video on it from the chinese sales guy 'video-cdn aliexpress-media com/80ffc57ef0293a3a/ae_sg_item/TKwPK2AINVYoNYYIwWR_1100089563095_mp4_264_sd.mp4?auth_key=1715513660-0-0-919409f6ba0a311f01c274ceb7c6702c'

didn't have permission to post the full url so you need to finish it your self a bit by adding al the dots.
3-29 14:49
Use props
djiuser_c8e27b4BEuzb
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi,
I was thinking about getting this tool as I need to replace a broken gimbal vibration absorbing bracket. From the photos I can see when the motor axel is pressed out the motor is still on the bracket. Is it easy or even possible to remove the motor and circuit board from the bracket and install them on the new bracket.
4-21 02:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_c8e27b4BEuzb Posted at 4-21 02:23
Hi,
I was thinking about getting this tool as I need to replace a broken gimbal vibration absorbing bracket. From the photos I can see when the motor axel is pressed out the motor is still on the bracket. Is it easy or even possible to remove the motor and circuit board from the bracket and install them on the new bracket.

Hi there. Self-repair or dismantling of DJI aircraft is not recommended for flight safety and warranty reasons. We suggest sending it back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Have a nice day.
4-21 02:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules