Automatic logging out on RC Pro controller
1532 15 2023-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill.Lazar
New

United States

I have a DJI Mavic 3 with RC Pro controller.  I was in Death Valley in a remote area and my drone said I needed to log in. There was no cell service, so I could not do that.  I've read that this is normal after a month of use.  This is just NOT acceptable. There needs to be a way to override this setting. Please come up with a firmware fix for this!

Please respond to let me know you will fix this.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. We recommend you connect the remote controller to the Internet in time to ensure normal use. Please rest assured that we will also forward your request to our engineer for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-16
Use props
Bill.Lazar
New

United States

You say 'from time to time." To me, that means without warning.  So I may be someplace without internet access, like I'm planning to go next week, and not be able to use my drone, even If I've updated and connected it the previous day.  That is NOT ACCEPTABLE!  Please give me a workaround so if this happens, i can still use my drone. This is an expensive trip where I am going specifically to use the drone.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bill.Lazar@gmail.com Posted at 6-16 20:52
You say 'from time to time." To me, that means without warning.  So I may be someplace without internet access, like I'm planning to go next week, and not be able to use my drone, even If I've updated and connected it the previous day.  That is NOT ACCEPTABLE!  Please give me a workaround so if this happens, i can still use my drone. This is an expensive trip where I am going specifically to use the drone.

Sorry for any confusion caused. I mean the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time. For DJI Fly, if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required.
2023-6-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bill.Lazar@gmail.com Posted at 6-16 20:52

The workaround is to log in the morning that you intend to go fly while you still have internet access.
2023-6-17
Use props
Gulfstreamaqua
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-16 23:52
Sorry for any confusion caused. I mean the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time. For DJI Fly, if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required.

I have had the exact problem so I got in the habit of logging in a couple of days before I go on a trip...AND THEN=  I flew my Mini Pro 3 drone in some canyons YESTERDAY and then this morning...= nope need to log in.  As you can guess it was very frustrating to only be able to fly 80 feet (for sunrise) when I was able to fly FAR the previous day for sun set.  How can I  ensured this doesn't happen again as I am often OFF GRID?  Thanks
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gulfstreamaqua Posted at 7-5 11:12
I have had the exact problem so I got in the habit of logging in a couple of days before I go on a trip...AND THEN=  I flew my Mini Pro 3 drone in some canyons YESTERDAY and then this morning...= nope need to log in.  As you can guess it was very frustrating to only be able to fly 80 feet (for sunrise) when I was able to fly FAR the previous day for sun set.  How can I  ensured this doesn't happen again as I am often OFF GRID?  Thanks

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean you try to log out and log in to the account before and it automatically logs out after one day?
2023-7-6
Use props
Gulfstreamaqua
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-6 00:45
Hi there, may I confirm if you mean you try to log out and log in to the account before and it automatically logs out after one day?

I am simply using my drone one day (so I am assuming that it is logged in). I am turning the drone off and trying to use it the next day= I am logged out and cant fly more than 80 ft.. as I am remote and not connected to the internet.  This has happened at the most inopportune times like when I was trying to use it to scout ahead on some remote roads...nope only 80 ft.  It happened again yesterday when I was in a remote canyon in Utah= unable to get great footage - thus I was disappointed.
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gulfstreamaqua Posted at 7-6 16:49
I am simply using my drone one day (so I am assuming that it is logged in). I am turning the drone off and trying to use it the next day= I am logged out and cant fly more than 80 ft.. as I am remote and not connected to the internet.  This has happened at the most inopportune times like when I was trying to use it to scout ahead on some remote roads...nope only 80 ft.  It happened again yesterday when I was in a remote canyon in Utah= unable to get great footage - thus I was disappointed.

Thank you for your clarification. We understand your trouble in your scenario. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network.
If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required.
Therefore, if you are going fly in a remote area without internet access, you are recommended to check the app and log in status before you go. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-6
Use props
Gulfstreamaqua
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-6 23:40
Thank you for your clarification. We understand your trouble in your scenario. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network.
If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required.
Therefore, if you are going fly in a remote area without internet access, you are recommended to check the app and log in status before you go. Thank you for your kind understanding.

so to be clear- I have to log into the APP every month? I thought logging in my RCI  controller and flying was enough (I don't use the APP- no need for editiing or other) I will start doing the app regardless .  Thanks  
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gulfstreamaqua Posted at 7-7 06:20
so to be clear- I have to log into the APP every month? I thought logging in my RCI  controller and flying was enough (I don't use the APP- no need for editiing or other) I will start doing the app regardless .  Thanks

Hello, there. Please check the login status regularly. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-7-8
Use props
djiak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287618 ft
United States

I absolutely agree with this. Sometimes we forget to login and reach the location to find that it doesnt work as expected and we miss out on great shots. This is definitely a big concern. I never had problem like this with old controller even though there was no internet on phone. Without a fix for this, DJI remote is not usable at all. Because it frequently logs out. Please have a fix.
1-16 09:40
Use props
djiak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287618 ft
United States

I absolutely agree with this. Sometimes we forget to login and reach the location to find that it doesnt work as expected and we miss out on great shots. This is definitely a big concern. I never had problem like this with old controller even though there was no internet on phone. Without a fix for this, DJI remote is not usable at all. Because it frequently logs out. Please have a fix.
1-16 09:41
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiak Posted at 1-16 09:41
I absolutely agree with this. Sometimes we forget to login and reach the location to find that it doesnt work as expected and we miss out on great shots. This is definitely a big concern. I never had problem like this with old controller even though there was no internet on phone. Without a fix for this, DJI remote is not usable at all. Because it frequently logs out. Please have a fix.

Hi there, as mentioned above, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet regularly. We recommend you connect the remote controller to the Internet in time to ensure normal use. Meanwhiles, we appreciate your feedback, and please rest assured that we will also forward to our engineer for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
1-17 00:53
Use props
djiuser_PUkj6YReQ5kC
New

United Kingdom

Bill.Lazar@gmail.com Posted at 2023-6-16 20:52
Yes, the trend throughout this thread is that DJI customers are not happy that the use of their equipment is being compromised having not logged into their account for one-month. In terms of product satisfaction, this too leaves a large gap in the happy stakes, given my own experience. I  have also just identified with this quirky glitch and to say I'm not happy is an understatement. Like others, I've  travelled to a destination only to establish that my drone... Yes, the drone I purchased and expect to utilise for pleasure when I want, will only fly in accordance with a dictated restriction that limits it's utility. What is the point of flying to a maximun distance of 80 feet at a time when one actually wants to utilise their aircraft for much more extensive travel which, to be honest, many of us do. We hear your reason, DJI and understand your company line.... We just don't like it. It certainly isn't a selling point and, at the moment, makes me feel very anti-DJI.
4-21 06:20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_PUkj6YReQ5kC Posted at 4-21 06:20
Yes, the trend throughout this thread is that DJI customers are not happy that the use of their equipment is being compromised having not logged into their account for one-month. In terms of product satisfaction, this too leaves a large gap in the happy stakes, given my own experience. I  have also just identified with this quirky glitch and to say I'm not happy is an understatement. Like others, I've  travelled to a destination only to establish that my drone... Yes, the drone I purchased and expect to utilise for pleasure when I want, will only fly in accordance with a dictated restriction that limits it's utility. What is the point of flying to a maximun distance of 80 feet at a time when one actually wants to utilise their aircraft for much more extensive travel which, to be honest, many of us do. We hear your reason, DJI and understand your company line.... We just don't like it. It certainly isn't a selling point and, at the moment, makes me feel very anti-DJI.

We're sorry to hear about your feedback. But please be informed that to ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. I suggest to connect the remote controller to the internet in time to ensure normal usage. But, we'll take your feedback and voice out your suggestions and point of view. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.

4-21 09:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules