Unable to set Waypoints in Unlocked Geo Zone
1177 7 2023-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajp9039
lvl.2

United States

I use a Mavic 2 Pro/DJI GO 4 app for work and my main flying area is in an authorization zone. I always go through the proper process to receive further coordination approval through Aloft, then DJI unlock through FlySafe, then import the custom unlock into my controller.

A couple months ago I was experimenting with waypoints, both the intelligent flight mode and hyperlapse versions. Everything worked great.

Ever since, with the same approval process and same flight area, I get an error message that I cannot set waypoints because a GEO zone was detected (even though it's currently unlocked). This occurs whether I'm trying to pre-plan the mission, or keyframe waypoints mid-flight.

Does anyone know what might cause this? It's strange to me that it worked once, but now I can't use waypoints at all.

2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ajp9039. Thank you for reaching out. Except for the waypoint function, can you use/fly the drone normally in the same location?
2023-6-22
Use props
ajp9039
lvl.2

United States

Yes, everything else works fine except the waypoints. Attached are screenshots showing that I am able to set waypoints in the blue GEO zone (outside of my custom unlock area), but can't in the red zone (within my custom unlock area).
2023-6-22
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

ajp9039 Posted at 6-22 04:32
Yes, everything else works fine except the waypoints. Attached are screenshots showing that I am able to set waypoints in the blue GEO zone (outside of my custom unlock area), but can't in the red zone (within my custom unlock area). [view_image][view_image]

DJI Unlock is one things. Do you have FAA approval via Aloft / AirControl?
2023-6-22
Use props
ajp9039
lvl.2

United States

digibud Posted at 6-22 08:34
DJI Unlock is one things. Do you have FAA approval via Aloft / AirControl?

Yes, every time.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ajp9039 Posted at 6-22 04:32
Yes, everything else works fine except the waypoints. Attached are screenshots showing that I am able to set waypoints in the blue GEO zone (outside of my custom unlock area), but can't in the red zone (within my custom unlock area). [view_image][view_image]

Hi, ajp9039. Thank you for the clarification. To further assist you with this, please provide us with the following information:

1. A video showing the unlock licenses, operation, and issue.
2. App Log.
3. App version.

App Log export from a mobile device:
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows:  DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Once the app log/s has been copied, please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_X6QO32PMsz2Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124081 ft
Canada

Hi, I have the same issue.  For my first approval it worked but since my second approval (valid for a year), hyperlapse doen't work anymore.  Were you able to do something? (Mini 3 Pro for me)
2023-10-2
Use props
ajp9039
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_X6QO32PMsz2Q Posted at 10-2 09:13
Hi, I have the same issue.  For my first approval it worked but since my second approval (valid for a year), hyperlapse doen't work anymore.  Were you able to do something? (Mini 3 Pro for me)

Nope, I've had the same issue every time I've tried since making this thread.

I haven't followed up on Gamora's request above (it's on the to-do list). If you find a solution, please report back here.
2023-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules