account not logged in distance limit
1933 4 2023-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4797949 ft
Australia

Hi bought a dji mini 2 about 2 years ago and it had no limits on it. When i have no phone service I use it to increase my line of sight in radio communications by strapping a repeater to it. this having a account not logged in limit is bull.... A bought this drone for it's capabities and DJI has no right to take it away after the sale. I regret ever buying a dji drone and will never reconmend one to anyone ever again. It updated without even asking me. I want my old drone back. Is there any way to roll back the update and never have the app ask me to download one.
2023-6-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Firmware downgrade is not supported with Mini 2 but you can refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. For the distance limit, regretfully, the altitude is limited to 30 m and the distance is limited to 50 m when the user does not log in to their account. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Please make sure to log in to the app before leaving your house to avoid any inconvenience. For the auto download, please check your settings as you might have enabled the Auto Download feature. Please disable it if you want to get a prompt every time there's new firmware. Thank you.
2023-6-28
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 01:45
Hi, djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Firmware downgrade is not supported with Mini 2 but you can refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. For the distance limit, regretfully, the altitude is limited to 30 m and the distance is limited to 50 m when the user does not log in to their account. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. Please make sure to log in to the app before leaving your house to avoid any inconvenience. For the auto download, please check your settings as you might have enabled the Auto Download feature. Please disable it if you want to get a prompt every time there's new firmware. Thank you.
[view_image]

This is no good for me. My mini 2 is part of a grid down preparedness plan.that  means no internet and perhaps incorrect gps due to unmaintained satellites. Which part of the software is responsible for these restrictions, DJI fly? or the mini 2 firmware itself?  
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 6-28 07:31
This is no good for me. My mini 2 is part of a grid down preparedness plan.that  means no internet and perhaps incorrect gps due to unmaintained satellites. Which part of the software is responsible for these restrictions, DJI fly? or the mini 2 firmware itself?

Hi, djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O. DJI fly is where you log in to the account. What we can suggest is to make sure that the account is logged in before leaving your house so that there will be no issues if you will fly in a non-internet zone. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-14
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-14 19:37
Hi, djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O. DJI fly is where you log in to the account. What we can suggest is to make sure that the account is logged in before leaving your house so that there will be no issues if you will fly in a non-internet zone. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Which update introduced 500 meter flight restrictions and then login flight restrictions. Is it the Fly app or the drone itself? The mini 2 I paid for is useless to me now. That drone is mine because I brought it and DJI has no right to take away functionality after sale the that.
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules