Phantom 3 Standard Compass won't Cal
458 4 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lllamadrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97976 ft
United States

I have a P3 STandard that used to work great.  Put it on the shelf for a couple of years and charged batteries.  Charged fine, but when I prepare for flight, I cannot get past the compass calibration.  Will not calibrate and I cannot get to spin propellers.    Have a camera feed.  Have 2 solid red and 2 flashing yellow lights.  Never crashed.  Is this thing salvagable or ready for the trash?
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Lllamadrone. Thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for Phantom 3 Standard and its accessories starting January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Hopefully, other users can provide you with recommendations about the issue that you're having. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-30
Use props
Lllamadrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97976 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-30 17:55
Hi, Lllamadrone. Thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for Phantom 3 Standard and its accessories starting January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Hopefully, other users can provide you with recommendations about the issue that you're having. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Understand.  Guess I'll toss it unless there's some salvage value to someone.
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lllamadrone Posted at 7-1 07:38
Understand.  Guess I'll toss it unless there's some salvage value to someone.

Thank you for your kind understanding. Hopefully, other users with the same unit will provide you with their suggestions.
2023-7-4
Use props
Tizzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307247 ft

United States

The second part of the compass calibration was not what I thought it was.  I don't remember now which way was right.  Point the camera at the ground and rotate the drone around the camera.  That was in my head but I don't remember if it was the solution or if it was the problem.

I was calibrating my Mavic Pro.  I bought it with a broken gimbal mount and ribbon cable, fixed it.  When I first flew it I got the toilet bowl effect and a warning about the compass.  Calibration fixed that too.  I need to learn more about flight records and log files for diagnostics.

Hope you get your Phantom going again.  I like my P3 Standard for the simplicity but not for the limited range.
2023-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules