Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023)
104901 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobbit2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 419816 ft
United States

Does the Mini 2 SE support remote id? Mine was manufactured June 23' and Idk if it even needs it or not.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hobbit2 Posted at 8-25 19:41
Does the Mini 2 SE support remote id? Mine was manufactured June 23' and Idk if it even needs it or not.

Hi, hobbit2. Is it for commercial or recreational use? Drones currently below 250g like Mini 2 SE and used only for recreational flight purposes do not require RID.
2023-8-26
Use props
fans04596a5e
lvl.1
United States

Phantom 4 Pro Plus firmware upgrade planned?   (as well as phantom 4 Pro v2.0)
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_VUvCqQGNtMyT
New
United States

I entered the remote id serial number into the faa remote id field and it does not recognize the serial number of my controller
2023-8-26
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-24 18:55
I think it is pretty clear:

Operating Rules

Ok. This was in response to the Mini 2 owner. You probably meant to respond to that pilot not me . He is the one who asked why DJI wasn’t adding the Mini 2. My reply was to him regarding why the Mini 3 has RFID and why DJI isn’t updating  the Mini 2 for RFID compliance.  ENJOY.
2023-8-26
Use props
hobbit2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 419816 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-26 08:40
Hi, hobbit2. Is it for commercial or recreational use? Drones currently below 250g like Mini 2 SE and used only for recreational flight purposes do not require RID.

Yeah, Im using it for recreational use, thanks!
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VUvCqQGNtMyT Posted at 8-26 13:23
I entered the remote id serial number into the faa remote id field and it does not recognize the serial number of my controller

Hi, djiuser_VUvCqQGNtMyT. Thank you for reaching out. Which drone model are you trying to register?
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hobbit2 Posted at 8-26 21:26
Yeah, Im using it for recreational use, thanks!

You're most welcome, hobbit2. Have a safe flight always!
2023-8-27
Use props
Shrek4013
lvl.1
Flight distance : 639170 ft
United States

What about the Mavic Pro Platinum?  It initially had a declaration certificate and was rescinded because the “contact person” from DJI stated they had not submitted it. Is it capable with a firmware update of complying or do I have to get a separate module?
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shrek4013 Posted at 8-27 12:00
What about the Mavic Pro Platinum?  It initially had a declaration certificate and was rescinded because the “contact person” from DJI stated they had not submitted it. Is it capable with a firmware update of complying or do I have to get a separate module?

Hi, Shrek4013. For Mavic Pro Platinum, users are advised to purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-28
Use props
N3NTJ
lvl.1
United States

Glad to see the Mavic Air 2 will have an RID firmware update by 30 Sept.  I was having difficulty finding a reasonably priced RID module that was actually 'in stock' somewhere. Not sure why DJI is dragging their feet so much by releasing firmware updates AFTER the FAA deadline when they knew this requirement was coming in mid-Sept. Until yesterday, I had not seen the above original post from DJI with the Mavic Air 2 listed. I assume we'll know the update is available via the normal 'firmware' notification within the DJI app when trying to fly.
2023-8-28
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906398 ft
United States

I’ve purchased a module for my Inspire 2, I really need for DJI to keep their promise concerning the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced RID firmware update, this is a $6000 drone that has had virtually no firmware development over the the aircraft’s lifetime, this is supposed to be “enterprise” compliant?
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

N3NTJ Posted at 8-28 06:25
Glad to see the Mavic Air 2 will have an RID firmware update by 30 Sept.  I was having difficulty finding a reasonably priced RID module that was actually 'in stock' somewhere. Not sure why DJI is dragging their feet so much by releasing firmware updates AFTER the FAA deadline when they knew this requirement was coming in mid-Sept. Until yesterday, I had not seen the above original post from DJI with the Mavic Air 2 listed. I assume we'll know the update is available via the normal 'firmware' notification within the DJI app when trying to fly.

Hi there. That is correct. The RID will be included with the updates after the firmware upgrade. Just make sure the remote controller is connected to the internet to get the notification. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-29
Use props
s2kcharle
lvl.1

United States

This is unacceptable !
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mgphoto Posted at 8-28 15:39
I’ve purchased a module for my Inspire 2, I really need for DJI to keep their promise concerning the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced RID firmware update, this is a $6000 drone that has had virtually no firmware development over the the aircraft’s lifetime, this is supposed to be “enterprise” compliant?

Hi, mgphoto. Thank you for reaching out and please know that we understand your concern. For the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, we will also release a firmware version to make them Remote ID compliant which is currently under development and planned to be released before the September deadline. Please stay tuned to DJI websites for any updates. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

s2kcharle Posted at 8-29 10:58
This is unacceptable !

Hi, s2kcharle. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that this is mandated by law and DJI needs to follow it for you to be able to still fly your DJI drones within the US airspace. For more information about this, you may visit the FAA website. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-29
Use props
JesperDebel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1112365 ft
Denmark

Does this mean that the Air2 can be C classified in Europe?
2023-8-30
Use props
Jose Alcala
New

United States

Does the Mavic pro needs an external remote id module or it will be upgraded by updating the firmware?
2023-8-31
Use props
djiuser_fRuyLWqjaL1J
New

United States

What is the status on the Phantom 4 RTK remote ID firmware update. Will it be before September 16th???
2023-8-31
Use props
djiuser_HkGZ6LORukkP
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D Posted at 7-9 06:56
I would love to see all the phone apps fail.  No Karen, you don't get to know where I'm standing while flying.  ;-)

Most apps are monetized with subscriptions. That alone will stop most people from using them. Very few people will enroll in subscriptions so they can see ID of a drone. I think the market for these apps is greatly imagined.
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jose Alcala Posted at 8-31 06:57
Does the Mavic pro needs an external remote id module or it will be upgraded by updating the firmware?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the Mavic Pro will be needing an external remote ID broadcast module to comply with the FAA. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-31
Use props
Matthew Adam
New
United States

Is there a status update for the Mavic 2 Pro? I see the remote ID field in the app, but still cannot register remote ID on FAA DroneZone.
2023-9-1
Use props
Spectre630
New

United States

The original post notes that DJI is hoping to have the Air 2 FW update by the end of the month.  Does DJI have an estimate of how long they expect before FAA approves it?

Related question.  While we wait for the Air 2 firmware and FAA approval, we have considered buying a new drone.  The Mavic 3 Classic and Pro are overkill for our needs.  However, the Air 3 is not yet FAA certified.  Does DJI know when FAA plans to approve this?  We'd like to be able to use this, but, at least as it stands now, it won't be legal in a couple weeks.
2023-9-1
Use props
hope_14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 729026 ft
United States

NobodyImportant Posted at 7-1 04:54
So the mini 2 will not get an upgrade to implement Remote ID?

yeah I am looking for the same and incredibly disappointed if not making the mini 2 compatible after previous statements
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matthew Adam Posted at 9-1 05:25
Is there a status update for the Mavic 2 Pro? I see the remote ID field in the app, but still cannot register remote ID on FAA DroneZone.

Hi there, sorry for the delay, firmware upgrade will be available by December 31, 2023, at the latest to support FAA RID. It has not been released yet, please wait patiently. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Spectre630 Posted at 9-1 11:12
The original post notes that DJI is hoping to have the Air 2 FW update by the end of the month.  Does DJI have an estimate of how long they expect before FAA approves it?

Related question.  While we wait for the Air 2 firmware and FAA approval, we have considered buying a new drone.  The Mavic 3 Classic and Pro are overkill for our needs.  However, the Air 3 is not yet FAA certified.  Does DJI know when FAA plans to approve this?  We'd like to be able to use this, but, at least as it stands now, it won't be legal in a couple weeks.

Hi there, if you were referring to whether DJI Air 3 is FAA compliant, just to clarify, DJI Air 3 supports FAA RID requirements with the factory firmware version, while it takes time to have this update the FAA Official Website due to the changes in the format of the materials required by the FAA to apply for RID compliance. DJI is actively communicating with the FAA in a timely manner, and it is expected that AIR 3 will be announced on the FAA website soon.

Regarding Mavic Air 2, we will update the firmware before 20 Sept., we do not have further information about this at the moment. Thank you for your attention.
2023-9-2
Use props
Flightless
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82218 ft

Canada

How about us Canadians?  Do I have to have this for the Mini 3 Pro?  I'll never be going to the states and I'm 600 miles from any US border.

Asking for a friend. ;)
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Flightless Posted at 9-2 21:05
How about us Canadians?  Do I have to have this for the Mini 3 Pro?  I'll never be going to the states and I'm 600 miles from any US border.

Asking for a friend. ;)

Hi, Flightless. Thank you for reaching out. The FAA Remote ID rule requires most drones operating in US airspace to have remote ID capability. If you're in Canada, no need to register your drone. Hope this helps.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_MdwCIlwgwMN0
lvl.1
United States

thanks exactly what I needed/wanted to know regarding my Mavic Air 2.  Will upgrade firmware as soon as it is availablw.
2023-9-4
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

Funny how DJI can update the firmware on the Mavic 3 to add functionality but for several years they haven’t been able to update my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced drone with any additional functionality let alone Remote ID, Autel is looking mighty good for my next Enterprise purchase.
Grounded in 11 days.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mgphoto Posted at 9-5 13:25
Funny how DJI can update the firmware on the Mavic 3 to add functionality but for several years they haven’t been able to update my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced drone with any additional functionality let alone Remote ID, Autel is looking mighty good for my next Enterprise purchase.
Grounded in 11 days.

Hi there, just to clarify, there will be a firmware update soon for Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to support Remote ID, please keep an eye on the firmware update.
Regarding other features, may we know the details about them for further confirmation? Thank you.
2023-9-5
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-5 19:49
Hi there, just to clarify, there will be a firmware update soon for Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to support Remote ID, please keep an eye on the firmware update.
Regarding other features, may we know the details about them for further confirmation? Thank you.
Manual white balance, a couple of intelligent flight modes, you promised zoom in a firmware update. Add logging for the RTK antenna for PPK corrections. Look I would like that stuff but my drone is useless if I can’t fly.
DJI - 10 days till I’m grounded. Enterprise customer here. Any Autel dealers listening?
2023-9-6
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2111886 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-9 07:41
Hi, J0NAS. The DJI O3 Air Unit does not have a built-in GPS module, so it does not support this function.

Well I have a gps on my quad with the 03 air unit. Maybe then can do a firmware and require people to install a gps
2023-9-6
Use props
Frowzzen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26539 ft
United States

From the looks of it, I don't need to do anything with my Mavic 3 Cine. This seems to only affect the 2 series, not so much the 3 series.
2023-9-7
Use props
rstellhorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604478 ft
United States

I wonder what hardware difference allows them to make these updates.... Is this updatable list a hardware limit or just a line drawn in the sand?

I'm one of those on the wrong side of that line, still rocking a perfectly viable Mavic Pro v1. With my part 107 that I rarely use.

I guess that I'll be grounded until this module backlog finishes and pricing comes down.
2023-9-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fRuyLWqjaL1J Posted at 8-31 11:44
What is the status on the Phantom 4 RTK remote ID firmware update. Will it be before September 16th???

See this thread (not that it will give you much information):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699
2023-9-8
Use props
fansfdb11483
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154 ft
United States

Water Wings Posted at 7-17 07:27
I would also like to get a definitive answer on this from DJI.  After dropping over $1,000 on my Mavic Air 1 and accessories in 2019 and the seeing the cost and limited availabilty of the remote ID modules currently on the market, it would be nice if DJI would provide a firmware upgrade to avoid turning my drone into junk.

I agree, they need to state specifically that they are abandoning a product.  It would seem to be odd for the Mavic Air to be abandoned since it uses the frequencies that RID uses and should be a relatively simple software update.  
2023-9-8
Use props
fansfdb11483
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 07:29
Hi, Paul Lykins. For Mavic Air, you may purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Is DJI going to provide an updated firmware for the Mavic Air?  If No, then is DJI going to make a remote ID module for their products?
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

J0NAS Posted at 9-6 09:52
Well I have a gps on my quad with the 03 air unit. Maybe then can do a firmware and require people to install a gps

Hi, J0NAS. We'll take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. After the evaluation of the relevant team, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansfdb11483 Posted at 9-8 14:13
Is DJI going to provide an updated firmware for the Mavic Air?  If No, then is DJI going to make a remote ID module for their products?

Hi, fansfdb11483. For older products like Mavic Air, you are advised to purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Currently. DJI doesn't have RID modules but will take it as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules