1402 13 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeA69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

Hi all,
I’m just get my software in order and haven’t even had a chance to fly my new Mini 3 pro yet. Any words of wisdom from all you pilots out there?
Thanks in advance,
Joe
2023-7-4
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When flying sideways watch the drone for obstacles. Turn down the sensitivity of the sticks and the gimbal - otherwise it's often jerky. Try to do either one-directional moves or turn very smoothly. Make sure you have the right video settings you want for your edit. When editing: use short sequences, don't bore people with minutes of the same shot. Otherwise: just send it and have fun.
2023-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take it slow and have you first flights somewhere with lots of open space.  
2023-7-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Read the manual carefully - preferably twice.  Then start with slow, easy steps to familiarise yourself with the handling and performance - somewhere in wide open space and no obstacles. And avoid flying near water for the time being, until you feel more comfortable with the controls.
2023-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read the manual carefully.  Ensure safety settings are done (i.e. RTH) in the Fly App.  Practice in an open space until you get totally comfortable with the sticks.  Maintain situational awareness at all times.  Practice different camera settings until you find what works best for you.  Keep your videos short enough to maintain viewer attention (2-3 mins is a nice timeframe).  Fly safe and have fun.
2023-7-5
Use props
JoeA69
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all very much, that’s all very helpful information
2023-7-5
Use props
FL1111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1267972 ft

United States

Take it slow as others have said. Disable sideways flight until you decide how you want to configure you controller and you start to gain muscle memory. Changing the gain settings on the controllers was helpful to me. Yaw too sensitive.
2023-7-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5152533 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a quick video on the basics.

Have fun and fly safe. It's a great hobby.
2023-9-9
Use props
JoeA69
lvl.1
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-9 17:30
Here's a quick video on the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnc0Vx3sXU
Have fun and fly safe. It's a great hobby.

Great YouTube channel,
Thanks,
Joe
2023-9-11
Use props
JoeA69
lvl.1
United States

FL1111 Posted at 7-12 09:11
Take it slow as others have said. Disable sideways flight until you decide how you want to configure you controller and you start to gain muscle memory. Changing the gain settings on the controllers was helpful to me. Yaw too sensitive.

Good idea,
Sorry for the delayed response.
Joe
2023-9-11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeA69 Posted at 9-11 15:54
Great YouTube channel,
Thanks,
Joe

Glad you like it. There's plenty to learn. Go slow and fly safe. Have a blast.
2023-9-11
Use props
Crusty Clad
lvl.1
United States

New flyer here as well. Like others have said, take it slow. Try different moves and features in a controlled area and as you gain confidence, expand on those. Also, get familiar with the Fly Safe site and know how to unlock areas if needed. Finally, dont leave the sd cards at home and remember to hit the record button ... lol
2023-9-24
Use props
JoeA69
lvl.1
United States

Crusty Clad Posted at 9-24 08:46
New flyer here as well. Like others have said, take it slow. Try different moves and features in a controlled area and as you gain confidence, expand on those. Also, get familiar with the Fly Safe site and know how to unlock areas if needed. Finally, dont leave the sd cards at home and remember to hit the record button ... lol

Thanks for the excellent advice !
Unfortunately it’s pouring rain here right now, and I had hoped to go flying.
Good luck to you also and have fun
2023-9-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Start slow and easy. Have fun. Fly Safe. The drone will do the rest. Read The manual, Watch the tutorials.
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules