Mimo on iOS w/ Osmo Mobile 6 - selfie video is mirrored/flipped
2453 10 2023-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quarfie
New

Canada

When I use the front camera with Osmo Mobile 6 and the Mimo app on iOS, the video is mirrored while recording, but stays mirrored when saved. This is unlike the Apple camera app which shows you the mirrored picture while recording, but the saved version is flipped back to normal.

How can I make the videos save normally, or how can they be edited after the fact?
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. When using iOS mobile device with v1.5.8 or later version of the DJI Mimo app, the "Selfie Flip" feature is supported in both "Photo and Video" selfie mode. Please refer to the images below.

• When the “Selfie flip” function is disabled:
1. “Photo” mode: camera image mirrored; playback: not mirrored.

2. “Video” mode: camera image mirrored; playback: not mirrored.

• With the “Selfie flip” function enabled:
1. “Photo” mode: camera image mirrored; playback: mirrored.

2. “Video” mode: camera image mirrored; playback: mirrored.
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_83u8ThSUckhA
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-7 18:24
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. When using iOS mobile device with v1.5.8 or later version of the DJI Mimo app, the "Selfie Flip" feature is supported in both "Photo and Video" selfie mode. Please refer to the images below.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Hi there, I am a new user and have spent the evening getting to know my Osmo Mobile 6 and am so disappointed to see that this function is not available to be disabled. Please see attached screenshot of the app.

The ability to disable the selfie flip has been greyed out and as a result all video shot on selfie is now reversing out. I guess it's not so bad when just walking outside but when I was filming indoors this evening it was most annoying. Clocks not telling the right time and book spines reading back to front. Very disappointed.
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_83u8ThSUckhA Posted at 7-16 13:40
Hi there, I am a new user and have spent the evening getting to know my Osmo Mobile 6 and am so disappointed to see that this function is not available to be disabled. Please see attached screenshot of the app. [view_image]

The ability to disable the selfie flip has been greyed out and as a result all video shot on selfie is now reversing out. I guess it's not so bad when just walking outside but when I was filming indoors this evening it was most annoying. Clocks not telling the right time and book spines reading back to front. Very disappointed.

Hello there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_vckzIrG1pFjx
New

United States

I’m having the same issue. Osmo 6, iOS 17.0.3, iPhone 14, DJI Mimo.

See screenshot; the selfie flip option is there, but grayed out. Maybe it was intended to be activated? Time for an app update?

All of my selfie videos have reversed words and it is driving me crazy. I’m trying to explain something and have to apologize for the words being backwards. HELP!!!…
2023-11-9
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_vckzIrG1pFjx Posted at 11-9 14:18
I’m having the same issue. Osmo 6, iOS 17.0.3, iPhone 14, DJI Mimo.

See screenshot; the selfie flip option is there, but grayed out. Maybe it was intended to be activated? Time for an app update?

You must have the selfie camera selected and tracking turned off (press the trigger), i.e. the green tracking box is off.  If tracking is on or a front camera is selected the Selife Flip button is greyed out.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_vckzIrG1pFjx
New

United States

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 11-9 15:29
You must have the selfie camera selected and tracking turned off (press the trigger), i.e. the green tracking box is off.  If tracking is on or a front camera is selected the Selife Flip button is greyed out.

Well, thank you for that. This still doesn’t solve the issue.

I can toggle the selfie flip, but the words are still backward in my view finder and the final recorded video.
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_vckzIrG1pFjx
New

United States

Here is after being able to toggle the selfie flip:
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_vckzIrG1pFjx
New

United States

2023-11-10
Use props
roland.wild
New

Austria

Hello, I have the same problem. Whether I select this option or not, it does not apply this change and my image remains unchanged. (>Fonts not readable because they are upside down)
1-26 01:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

roland.wild@outlook.com Posted at 1-26 01:24
Hello, I have the same problem. Whether I select this option or not, it does not apply this change and my image remains unchanged. (>Fonts not readable because they are upside down)

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the details below for further checking?

> Model of the device:
> App version:
> Screen recording showing the setting and operation:

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your support.
1-26 03:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules