Documentation Error causing gimbal problems
2991 6 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wayne
New

United States

I received my Vision2+ on 12-1-14.  The gimbal worked as expected.  After a few days I installed the RC System Assistant and the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant.   After going through all the option and upgrading/calibrating things I noticed the camera did not respond as expected.   It’s a long story but it’s response was a mess!  

I was about to try to send the thing back but before I did, I spent several hours on the forums and youtube trying to find an answer.  AND I DID!  The error is in the documentation!

In the RC Assistant and in the document on this page http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en THEY NEVER TELL THE USER TO MOVE THE GIMBAL CONTROL WHEN DOING THE CALIBRATION.  A new user like myself, follows the instructions word for word, so I never touched the gimbal control when performing the calibration.  After hours of trying to figure out this problem, it is a simple omission in the documentation.   I ran the RC assistant again and when doing the calibration adjustment, I also moved the gimbal control from full clockwise to full counterclockwise several times.  

PROBLEM SOLVED!

2014-12-7
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

+1 good post.
2014-12-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

davidfisher45 said the same thing worked for him in another gimble problem thread.
2014-12-7
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

+1. Had same issue
2014-12-7
Use props
wayne
New

United States

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-10 15:38
Moved the Control Before, During or After Calibration?

Regards

During the calibration
2014-12-10
Use props
manfred_wolff
lvl.1

Spain

I have the problem that the gimble does not pan. But the above did not help....
2014-12-12
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

manfred_wolff@l Posted at 2014-12-12 20:26
I have the problem that the gimble does not pan. But the above did not help....

Did you select the upgrade version?
2014-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules