12Next >
1416 46 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37047 ft
United States

Just got my Action 3. After registering it in the app, I took a few test videos.. but was unable to view these in the Mimo app.So I formated the SD card.. went out and recorded about 23 min of footage...

NONE OF WHICH ARE VIEWABLE IN THIS TRASH OF AN APP!

All the thumbnails are blank.. None of them will download to the iPhone 14 Pro Max!!!!!!!! Every single time, "Downloading Failed" error pops up..

I'm not able to plug a USB-C to Lightening cable from the Action 3 to my iPhone so I can upload footage, or use in an Editor... SO HOW THE HELL DO I GET THE FOOTAGE WHEN I'M OUTSIDE SHOOTING VIDEOS????
2023-7-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Turn on Airplane Mode while keeping BlueTooth and WiFi on.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D781%26typeid%3D781
2023-7-20
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

osmonauta Posted at 7-20 19:43
Turn on Airplane Mode while keeping BlueTooth and WiFi on.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283654&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D781%26typeid%3D781

What a joke of a "fix" .. A Billion Dollar Company, yet those idiots don't know that when an iPhone connects to a "hotspot" with NO INTERNET CONNECTION it defaults to using the mobile data instead?

And since they also FAILED to add an option to connect the camera to the iPhone via a cable.. we are stuck using this crap Wifi only download option unless at home/near a computer...

This seems to be an issue going way back... so it seems DJI doesn't care, or are just to incompetent to ad a real fix to the app or at least give us OTG support for iOS!
2023-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not a Joke they cater to Droid    agree with Osmon.....
2023-7-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Only 20% marketshare for iphone so why should they bother?
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Are you ging to   return the camera because of the App?
2023-7-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Step 1: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
Step 2: Tap "Airplane Mode" to turn it off/on

I can see how this procedure can ruin someone's day.
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

osmonauta Posted at 7-21 07:34
Step 1: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
Step 2: Tap "Airplane Mode" to turn it off/on

"Swiping Up" on an iPhone does nothing on an iPhone but close the Current App or Unlock the Device, dodo..

The issue is that you're then stuck there for 30+min with no ability to use the phone for anything else.,, as you 1) Just turns off mobile connection. 2) must remain on the screen while the download/transfer of the files. It took 43 min to transfer 11 4min 54 second clips.. When they could just add the option to transfer via cable which is far faster and doesn't require during off mobile function of the device.
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-21 04:24
Only 20% marketshare for iphone so why should they bother?

I don't know what backwoods country you're in.. but iPhones are the largest selling mobile device in the US.

Android is trash; Security Flaws/Risk out the wazoo!
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 03:13
not a Joke they cater to Droid    agree with Osmon.....

Android is Trash, pure Garbage! A security nightmare! Worse of all a Google Product.. spyware at its core..

And yes; I will be returning it. I'll stick with my GoPro 11 and Insta360 X3.. NONE of which have any issue transferring files to the iPhone with mobile data still enabled..

Hell, they can't even add a simple few lines of code to the app that keeps the screen aware while its "Processing/Analyzing" video .. or make sure the app has English Translation through out it..
When testing out the "AI Editor" the text is in Chinese!
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well DJI got more Spyware then the both. but you know what why  buy a Action 3 when the Action 4 is on the market according to people   out there  trying to....
2023-7-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 08:02
I don't know what backwoods country you're in.. but iPhones are the largest selling mobile device in the US.

Android is trash; Security Flaws/Risk out the wazoo!

In the world only 20% marketshare, not counting with USA.
Android is actually most safe since it is open source, ios apps are not so you will never know what apple knows about you. And that's a fact!

2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

after the swipe up, its the swipe down  Lol 2 cents worth, becoming comical by the epost
2023-7-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 10:27
after the swipe up, its the swipe down  Lol 2 cents worth, becoming comical by the epost

Nope. After Swipe Up, you only need to tap the screen to make it go away.
2023-7-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Why buy an OA3 if you have a GP11 and Insta 360 AND you are happy with them?

If it takes 43 minutes to xfer an 11 minute clip, you might wanna ask the question if we are still in Kansas? For if JDI would fix the app so you wouldn't have to turn on Airplane Mode, then it would still take 43 minutes to xfer the 11 minute clip and all of a sudden it's not the Airplane Mode would be the issue but the slow xfer. Which brings forth the logic that you may not even wanna use your phone to xfer 4K clips on the first place.
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Maybe  the smartphone may be better to simply go shoot video, no need to transfer its already  loaded? ((WIN))
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Just transferred to the laptop 163 files and some were unwanted Lrvs and done like that 4K  but  if trash was gold, we all be Rich. not Richie rich
2023-7-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I actually doesn't know why someone would transfer files to their phone for editing/publishing.

OA3-->PC-->Edit-->Publish.

Only time I transfer video clips to phone is when I publish shorts/tiktok/reels etc. and not more than 100MB files most times.
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

think my phones battery will outshine the actions 3 so yeah its mobile, shorts yes not  life long overheated ones, this is getting overheated
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 10:27

Swiping down on an iPhone Opens Spotlight Search...

quit while your not to far behind..
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-21 10:08
In the world only 20% marketshare, not counting with USA.
Android is actually most safe since it is open source, ios apps are not so you will never know what apple knows about you. And that's a fact!

Don't care about dirty world countries.. If a company sells to the US Market, they should ensure their crap is fully functional in the US Market.

Besides India and China, US has the largest population, which its population consists majority of iPhone users.. India and China don't count as majority of their population are to poor to buy an iPhone..

"Android is actually most safe since it is open source" This is the dumbest thing I've hear in a long time.. you obviously have no clue what verbal crap you are spitting out... The Android App Store is constantly full of malicious apps; data miners, malware, etc.. LMFAO!

FYI; Android OS at its core is open source.. but the Apps and Bloatware IS NOT!
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

osmonauta Posted at 7-21 10:55
Why buy an OA3 if you have a GP11 and Insta 360 AND you are happy with them?

If it takes 43 minutes to xfer an 11 minute clip, you might wanna ask the question if we are still in Kansas? For if JDI would fix the app so you wouldn't have to turn on Airplane Mode, then it would still take 43 minutes to xfer the 11 minute clip and all of a sudden it's not the Airplane Mode would be the issue but the slow xfer. Which brings forth the logic that you may not even wanna use your phone to xfer 4K clips on the first place.

Because I wanted to. Because I can.

If you had any common sense; then you would understand that the issue with having to turn on Airplane mode is that it disconnects the phone from the Mobile Carrier service.. Thus no Phone Calls, No SMS/iMessage, No Data connection of any kind..

Furthermore; the GP11 HAS ZERO ISSUES Transfering video to the iPhone...
Why is this; because the nitwits at DJI decided to use WiFi Hotspot as the method of connecting to the camera. This creates a Wireless 5.8Ghz Hotspot which the iPhone connects to.. INSTEAD OF USING BLUETOOTH like GoPro... Also the GoPro has the option of connecting it to a Wireless Access Point (Home or Public Internet WiFi) which you can then connect your iPhone to the same Access Point.. This maintains a data connection, and uses UPnP to connect the GoPro to the iPhone..

SO... It is possible for DJI to fix their trash Mimo app..
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 12:09
think my phones battery will outshine the actions 3 so yeah its mobile, shorts yes not  life long overheated ones, this is getting overheated

Learn to speak English better.. instead of rambling nonsense.
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-21 12:00
I actually doesn't know why someone would transfer files to their phone for editing/publishing.

OA3-->PC-->Edit-->Publish.

Then thin a little harder... If someone is out, away from home, traveling.. and they want to upload some footage.. are they going to whip out a laptop in the middle of the Forest.. No. There are many scenario where someone is not going to have their laptop/computer with them to upload footage to Youtube.

Also PC? LMFAO.. get a MacBook.
Also TikTok is for losers, mentally handicaped, and liberals to cry about their feelings that no one cares about.
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 11:33
Maybe  the smartphone may be better to simply go shoot video, no need to transfer its already  loaded? ((WIN))

Not going to strap a $1400 iPhone Pro Max to the front of my Motorcycle helmet...

There is a big difference in the use case of an Action Camera vs a Mobile Phone.. but then I wouldn't expect you to know that, seeing all the rambling nonsense you post all over this forum..
2023-7-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 13:11
Don't care about dirty world countries.. If a company sells to the US Market, they should ensure their crap is fully functional in the US Market.

Besides India and China, US has the largest population, which its population consists majority of iPhone users.. India and China don't count as majority of their population are to poor to buy an iPhone..

This is becoming very quickly a very sad thread..

"Dirty world Countries"???

Are you sure, Karen???
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 7-21 13:47
This is becoming very quickly a very sad thread..

"Dirty world Countries"???

Very sure... Kevin.

Sad is all the folks trying to defend DJI's bull$#!7 like a bunch of Horny Fan Boys... Instead of speaking up, demanding a big flaw be fixed, they just bend over and take it up the rump.
2023-7-21
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Mimo App works very well for me as it provides real-time video feedback while recording which from my understanding no other current action camera can do.  My normal use is with the camera mounted outside on the wing-strut of my airplane and I can control all of its functions via the Mimo App.  Clearly your requirement is not satisfied by the App and you are more than justified to complain/gripe about it.  But making comments Such as "Also TikTok is for losers, mentally handicaped, and liberals to cry about their feelings that no one cares about." will probably not establish you as a sensible rational relatable person to dialog with about camera features. Angry trigger comments have no welcome here. Cheers
2023-7-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 13:30
Then thin a little harder... If someone is out, away from home, traveling.. and they want to upload some footage.. are they going to whip out a laptop in the middle of the Forest.. No. There are many scenario where someone is not going to have their laptop/computer with them to upload footage to Youtube.

Also PC? LMFAO.. get a MacBook.

I mostly never answer trolls on forum, but maybe you just need some headsup and I can clearify for you;

PC = Personal Computer so it it is any computer people have at home.

Some people here are probably fanboys of DJI products, but most of us here are first to complain to DJI about issues we face with their products. And DJI do actually listen to us. I guess you probably are a gopro fanboy since it is american brand. Good luck getting desent help from gopro about any issues you will face.

And all other people here with iPhones have managed to get it to work, so why can't you? I feel you doesn't are really that clever after all.

But tone down your voice here, this is a friendly part of the DJI forum, this is not the drone-part of the forum where there are a lot of rude childish people.

Good luck getting help further from people with your attitude.
2023-7-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I'm glad this is only an online forum. If this would be a personal meetup of some sort in the US, many of us prolly would've been shot by now...

When I'm on vacation and happen to be in the middle of a forest, the last thing I have in mind is to have the ability to upload to YouTube. Sheesh. But then again, different people have different priorities.

BTW my only gripe about the Mimo app is that it is now balooned to the whopping size of nearly 1GB!!!! I only use the Mimo to update the FW and for that I don't see the need to have a 1GB app clutter my phone. So I deleted it.

2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-21 16:12
I mostly never answer trolls on forum, but maybe you just need some headsup and I can clearify for you;

PC = Personal Computer so it it is any computer people have at home.

I never answer idiots on forums, but perhaps you need a little lesson..

PC = has a long understanding of referring to Windows Based Computers. Just google the long history of "PC vs Mac" commercials..

Obviously DJI does not listen; at least not to the consumer... They listen to the market research and what sells. They change their products based on monetary value, not to please or in response to consumer requests.

If you want someone to stroke your ego, or talk to you like a snowflake, then seek out your mother for that..

Just because someone doesn't give a crap about your feelings, doesn't make them a troll. But that does make you a pansy little snowflake.. Grow a pair.
2023-7-21
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

osmonauta Posted at 7-21 18:08
I'm glad this is only an online forum. If this would be a personal meetup of some sort in the US, many of us prolly would've been shot by now...

Never know when you're gonna capture something like a SnowFlake getting mauled by a Grizzly Bear and want to share it with friends..

Or a buddy crashing their dirt bike into a tree, and you wanna share it with friends.

Or any other moment worth capturing and sharing..
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SMPL.Geek. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please make sure that the DJI Mimo App has the latest version (v1.9.0).
2. Disable Cellular Data to preview and download.
3. Reinstall the Mimo app and make sure all the permissions have been enabled.

if the issue still persists, please provide us with a screen recording of the abnormality, Mobile phone model and system version, App log, and DJI Action 3 Log and tested time for further checking.

Export the logs from Osmo Action 3:
1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect the Osmo Action 3 to a computer using a USB-cable.
Osmo Action 3: Use the USB-C cable to connect Osmo Action 3 to a computer.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 3 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 3(internal storage).
Osmo Action 3:

5. Please export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (Also check the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).

Upload the App Log:
To upload the app log, please perform as follows: Go to “Profile”, tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support”, “Log Upload”, and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit”. “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload.
2023-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 13:04
Swiping down on an iPhone Opens Spotlight Search...

quit while your not to far behind..

https://youtube.com/shorts/vSBXb9XLT88?feature=share

really, you need to know your stuff
2023-7-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 13:28
Learn to speak English better.. instead of rambling nonsense.

2 cents added thank you
2023-7-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The Mimo App,  needs improvement, if one would have taken the time to research the site prior their making of a new thread, they would have found the issue was on going, but we're all entitled to opinions on here , and I wish you  the best,  new kid on the block not here
2023-7-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-21 13:51
Very sure... Kevin.

Sad is all the folks trying to defend DJI's bull$#!7 like a bunch of Horny Fan Boys... Instead of speaking up, demanding a big flaw be fixed, they just bend over and take it up the rump.

I have not mentioned DJI in my reply once...

I was just pointing out how you sound like a cock with your cheap comments about the rest of the world!

One day when/if you will reach puberty, you will look back and maybe realise what a waste of time this thread was...
2023-7-22
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 7-22 19:10
I have not mentioned DJI in my reply once...

I was just pointing out how you sound like a cock with your cheap comments about the rest of the world!

I could not care less how you think I sound.
Poor little twat got his feelings hurt? Aww, run along and cry to mommy. LMFAO! Loser
But kudos to you for thinking you're getting under someones skin..

Question is why are you lurking in a Forum topic for a device you don't even have.. creepy.. you like hanging out at schools and peeking through windows too?
2023-7-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SMPL.Geek Posted at 7-22 21:08
I could not care less how you think I sound.
Poor little twat got his feelings hurt? Aww, run along and cry to mommy. LMFAO! Loser
But kudos to you for thinking you're getting under someones skin..

I think is working....
2023-7-23
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 7-23 02:43
I think is working....

That's because you have a small brain..
2023-7-23
Use props