New DJI Air 3 Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
37135 235 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rongden001 Posted at 11-4 05:18
Dear DJI team

I would like to send photos and videos from AIr 3 and mini 4 pro

Thank you for the photos, rongden001. We'll forward them to our relevant team for further checking.
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_1zLdJR2Cvpsm
New
Flight distance : 311411 ft
United States

Wide angle lens attached. Panorama not available… this message is getting extremely old and irritating, especially sheet spending $1500+ on a drone, you expect these advertised features to work…. Come on DJI
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_1zLdJR2Cvpsm
New
Flight distance : 311411 ft
United States

Why why why??? Wide angle lens attached. Panorama not available… so frustrating and tbh the message is getting old. I didn’t spend this much money on a drone for the advertised features to not work!
2023-11-4
Use props
RobertoMartins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476434 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-4 02:59
Hi, RobertoMartins. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the details from the first post on this thread: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294639). Hope this helps.

Poderia citar textualmente? Não encontrei nada claro ou transparente.
2023-11-4
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Really DJI?! No Vision Assist?
2023-11-4
Use props
Tengry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1358757 ft

Mexico

Past today firmware update Wide Lens Bug is present, When we can receive update ?
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rongden001 Posted at 11-4 05:18
Dear DJI team

I would like to send photos and videos from AIr 3 and mini 4 pro

Hi, rongden001. Thank you for reaching out. Our relevant team confirmed that based on the photos provided, the drone is working under normal specifications/conditions. Hope this helps.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-3 04:15
Is detected as WIDE LENS from time to time.

Thank you for the reply, Geo_Drone. If you are using a third-party Wide Lens, we cannot guarantee compatibility with the DJI Air 3. We suggest using an official DJI Wide-Angle Lens.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_1zLdJR2Cvpsm Posted at 11-4 10:33
Why why why??? Wide angle lens attached. Panorama not available… so frustrating and tbh the message is getting old. I didn’t spend this much money on a drone for the advertised features to not work!

Hi, djiuser_1zLdJR2Cvpsm. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience. When using DJI Air 3 with a wide-angle lens, the following functions are unavailable: Panorama and Asteroid Mode in QuickShots (other QuickShots modes are available). All other functions can be used as normal. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RobertoMartins Posted at 11-4 11:13
Poderia citar textualmente? Não encontrei nada claro ou transparente.

Hi, RobertoMartins. Here are the details from the recent firmware update:
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

H3llo Posted at 11-4 12:35
Really DJI?! No Vision Assist?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Vision Assist function is available for Mavic 3 Consumer Series aircraft only but we will take it as a suggestion of yours for DJI Air 3. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tengry Posted at 11-4 21:59
Past today firmware update Wide Lens Bug is present, When we can receive update ?

Hi, Tengry. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more information about the issue you're experiencing so we can check further? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-11-5
Use props
rongden001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573222 ft

Vietnam

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 02:40
Hi, rongden001. Thank you for reaching out. Our relevant team confirmed that based on the photos provided, the drone is working under normal specifications/conditions. Hope this helps.

I am not satisfied with this statement.
I would say the image quality on the air3 is not as good as the mini 4 pro. Please make the image on air 3 similar to mini 4 pro

I can't spend a larger amount of money but get image quality that is not as good as the mini 4 pro
2023-11-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 02:54
Thank you for the reply, Geo_Drone. If you are using a third-party Wide Lens, we cannot guarantee compatibility with the DJI Air 3. We suggest using an official DJI Wide-Angle Lens.

Hello Gamora, we do not speak about WIDE ANGLE, but we talk here about Normal ND FILTERS.
Freewell made a split ND filter that have ND8 with ND16, Nd16 with ND32 and so on, as the F from each AIR3 lens is different.
I do not know how DJI was not able to make split ND lenses, as Mavic 3 have split ND lenses as the F is different at each lens.

SO...WE TALK ABOUT NORMAL ND FILTERS, SMARTER THAN DJI THAT WAS INCAPABLE TO MAKE SPLIT ND FOR 2 DIFFERENT LENSES AT 2 DIFFERENT F-STOPS.

Maybe now I am clear... I would purchase from DJI, but the development team that made the ND filters was a NO BRAIN, disregarding one simple fact: The two lenses from AIR3 have 2 different F-stops, so need different ND's, not the same.

Tks.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-6 04:26
Hello Gamora, we do not speak about WIDE ANGLE, but we talk here about Normal ND FILTERS.
Freewell made a split ND filter that have ND8 with ND16, Nd16 with ND32 and so on, as the F from each AIR3 lens is different.
I do not know how DJI was not able to make split ND lenses, as Mavic 3 have split ND lenses as the F is different at each lens.

Thank you for the clarification, Geo_Drone. We'll take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rongden001 Posted at 11-5 05:27
I would say the image quality on the air3 is not as good as the mini 4 pro. Please make the image on air 3 similar to mini 4 pro

Hi, rongden001. Thank you for the reply. Please upload the original files to the Google Drive or Drop Box for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Any user feedback on that new fw.? Fixed some bugs is terrible description!
2023-11-6
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_1zLdJR2Cvpsm Posted at 11-4 10:33
Why why why??? Wide angle lens attached. Panorama not available… so frustrating and tbh the message is getting old. I didn’t spend this much money on a drone for the advertised features to not work!

Because this function is not available with wide lens and its the same with all dji drones and wide angle lens…
2023-11-6
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rongden001 Posted at 11-5 05:27
I would say the image quality on the air3 is not as good as the mini 4 pro. Please make the image on air 3 similar to mini 4 pro

Id say the image on the air 3 is fine don’t change it.
2023-11-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 11:18
Because this function is not available with wide lens and its the same with all dji drones and wide angle lens…

But it works...until my DJI wide lens was recognized, all functions worked perfectly with wide lens attached.
2023-11-6
Use props
Tengry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1358757 ft

Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 03:12
Hi, Tengry. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more information about the issue you're experiencing so we can check further? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Freewell NDPL filters sometime detected as Wide lens.
Support on Freewell told me what DJI know about this problem and will resolve it in firmware update, but its second update not change nothing.
Really with first firmware i not detect this problems.
with past 2 its present
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tengry Posted at 11-10 10:09
Freewell NDPL filters sometime detected as Wide lens.
Support on Freewell told me what DJI know about this problem and will resolve it in firmware update, but its second update not change nothing.
Really with first firmware i not detect this problems.

Hello, there. The third-party accessories aren't tested by our engineers, therefore, we can't guarantee the performance when in use. Furthermore, our engineers confirmed that our firmware has no relevance to any third-party accessories as these aren't manufactured by DJI. We encourage you to purchase our official ND Filter via this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-air-3-nd-filters-set-8-64 I hope the information helps. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_RgbnQrIATgyz
New
Flight distance : 8156 ft
Romania

Hi! I’ve updated my Air 3, Fly Safe Database is up to date, however I keep getting the “geo awareness function degraded”. When I go to settings -> about -> check updated for fly safe it says it is up to date, but still get the alert.
Please help, in 1 day I’ll depart to a place with no internet access whatsoever and I really need to use the drone. Thanks!
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_RgbnQrIATgyz Posted at 11-23 17:57
Hi! I’ve updated my Air 3, Fly Safe Database is up to date, however I keep getting the “geo awareness function degraded”. When I go to settings -> about -> check updated for fly safe it says it is up to date, but still get the alert.
Please help, in 1 day I’ll depart to a place with no internet access whatsoever and I really need to use the drone. Thanks!

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Please place the aircraft in an open area with strong GPS signals and ensure that the Dynamic Safety Data is updated. If the problem persists, please provide the details below:

> User location incl. city:
> Screenshot of the Flysafe database and GPS signal.
> Export the aircraft flight control log and App log (if the user is using DJI RC PRO/DJI RC, please export the remote control log)

Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-11-24
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I haven’t had any problem with my new Freewell split ND filters. At the time I purchased the 4  piece set they were the only manufacture which had them. They work without any issue so it is curious on why some of their filters react differently. Well worth the money to get a fairly close match in exposure when switching cameras.
2023-11-27
Use props
Thomas Chen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3058848 ft
Taiwan

X'mas gifts from DJI...
20231221_210656.jpg
20231221_210708.jpg
2023-12-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is the update we've been waiting on!! I'm updating this very minute!! Thank you for the most gracious Christmas present DJI!!!
2023-12-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is a battery update with this one so make sure if you have multiple bats to cycle through them and repeat the update process for them as well.
2023-12-21
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Great stuff, happy Christmas dji and all on this forum.
2023-12-21
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Already tested, works great.
Vision is great.
Sphere 70mm is nice to have.
Tracking seems nice (tested 1 minute, as was dark and after was not enough light)
Zoom...well, nice to have, not useful for me, but good for scouting.
LED control in EU...FINALLY !!! Great addendum....so you got time to read the legislation and corrected that dumb AUTO mode.

One small addendum:
- Sphere with 70mm camera is unusable if the sky is clear.
- Would be nice to see also the 180 taken with 70mm, also Wide, this ones being more asked.

And one request:
Remember that request for 70mm camera to take multiple exposures so we can create a super sized photo, using the area designated with 24mm camera? would be nice.
2023-12-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I seem to rather enjoy the update. Had a quick flight after it finished up. Took about 10-15 minutes to do the drone, controller and the other two batteries. No weird issues during the flight. My findings are like that of Geo_Drone.
2023-12-21
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Simply put,
2023-12-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
United Kingdom

DJI great update but as expected the 70mm sphere  option while useful in a limited number of situations is way less useful than aligning a series of 70mm images to Match the 24mm view and provide a stunning easily manageable high resolution stitch. Close to 60 users voted for this but sad to not see this in this update. Hope it is coming it is a unique tool you can give to your users to make this drone really powerful. Thankyou.
2023-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome update.  I appreciate the new features a lot.  Made for a great Christmas present from DJI.  Thanks.
2023-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-21 07:39
There is a battery update with this one so make sure if you have multiple bats to cycle through them and repeat the update process for them as well.

Nice reminder Jody.  Thanks for sharing.  

Happy holidays.  
2023-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 12-21 12:49
DJI great update but as expected the 70mm sphere  option while useful in a limited number of situations is way less useful than aligning a series of 70mm images to Match the 24mm view and provide a stunning easily manageable high resolution stitch. Close to 60 users voted for this but sad to not see this in this update. Hope it is coming it is a unique tool you can give to your users to make this drone really powerful. Thankyou.

We can always hope it is still being worked on and will be included in the next FW update.  
2023-12-22
Use props
TotalNewb
lvl.1

Germany

Cannot complain about a nice Christmas present early, just need some good weather now, happy Christmas to all
2023-12-22
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

What a list of upgrades, thank You DJI!
I agree that other stitching modes for tele lens would be more usable (and were asked by owners).
Happy holidays!
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-21 07:54
Already tested, works great.
Vision is great.
Sphere 70mm is nice to have.

We are glad you are enjoying the update. I will forward your feedback to the related team as a suggestion. We appreciate your valued support and patience.
2023-12-23
Use props
Joe Padilla
New

United States

Motors will not start on Air 3 after update. Please advise
2023-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules