Mini 3 focus issue
2602 16 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6fAPifOJEMzl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
I bought a new mini 3 and have had issues with the focus. Drone flies fine but will not focus with AF or MF. I’ve had it replaced and it is still the same. I’ve also used a differed phone on my remote and also bought a DJI RC but nothing has fixed the problem. I’ve removed the gimbal cover and protective padding. Tried all the advice from DJI but still not working. Not worked since I got it and am getting fed up with in. My Mavic mini worked no problem previously.
The only thing consistent is my profile. Is there anything there  that could be causing the issue?
Any thoughts anyone.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the trouble this has caused. If we may ask, is the aircraft in motion while taking a photo? If yes, no auto focus will be triggered when the aircraft is in motion according to normal focus logic.

1. It is recommended to properly set the focus before shooting.
2. Hover the aircraft in a stationary position, and trigger the auto focus before shooting.
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_6fAPifOJEMzl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 8-7 09:13
Hello there! Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the trouble this has caused. If we may ask, is the aircraft in motion while taking a photo? If yes, no auto focus will be triggered when the aircraft is in motion according to normal focus logic.

1. It is recommended to properly set the focus before shooting.

Hi
The aircraft is not moving when I try to set the focus and take a picture. I still cannot get focus when it is not moving
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_6fAPifOJEMzl Posted at 8-7 11:41
Hi
The aircraft is not moving when I try to set the focus and take a picture. I still cannot get focus when it is not moving

Hello there! Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear that the steps did not fix the issue. If the firmware is up to date and gimbal calibration is complete and the issue remains, we can either collect a short video for analysis or you can send back the unit for further testing at https://www.dji.com/support for more information regarding the request to open a case and launch an investigation.
2023-8-7
Use props
fansec18177d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207927 ft
France

DJI Diana Posted at 8-7 16:23
Hello there! Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear that the steps did not fix the issue. If the firmware is up to date and gimbal calibration is complete and the issue remains, we can either collect a short video for analysis or you can send back the unit for further testing at https://www.dji.com/support for more information regarding the request to open a case and launch an investigation.
Hi
I did have the same issue with my brand new Mini 3 unit last month.
I fixed it by not doing the updates and keeping the default firmware (1.00.000 I think).
This is what I did with my THIRD unit after having returned the previous 2 which had this issue after doing the updates on both.
For the first one I updated over the air. For the second one I used DJI Assistant to update. In both cases it lead to the same autofocus issue not working at all. And downgrading to previous firmware didn’t help. My conclusion is the fw is flawed and they just don’t bother fixing it because the mini 3 is just not their priority.
So my advice to you, return it, get a new one and don’t do any updates. You’ll then be able to enjoy it. And we both wait for the fix.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansec18177d Posted at 9-9 09:57
Hi
I did have the same issue with my brand new Mini 3 unit last month.
I fixed it by not doing the updates and keeping the default firmware (1.00.000 I think).

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is not the experience we want you to have. In this case, please keep an eye on your email for further updates on your case. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-9
Use props
fans3bc7c899
New
Flight distance : 693012 ft
United States

I’m having the same problem with mine. Just updated the latest firmware and both AF and MF do not work at all. In AF you can see it pass focus then settles out of focus. It’s obviously a software issue and needs a patch update. Support said to try and reset the camera which worked for 1 flight then never again. I use my drone daily and need in-focus images
1-22 12:11
Use props
djiuser_6fAPifOJEMzl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans3bc7c899 Posted at 1-22 12:11
I’m having the same problem with mine. Just updated the latest firmware and both AF and MF do not work at all. In AF you can see it pass focus then settles out of focus. It’s obviously a software issue and needs a patch update. Support said to try and reset the camera which worked for 1 flight then never again. I use my drone daily and need in-focus images

Hi
Bizarrely my issue was solved by changing the memory card. All worked perfectly then.
1-22 13:54
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3bc7c899 Posted at 1-22 12:11

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please try to change the SD card as mentioned by the OP on 8# and check again? Besides, please also try to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and check again. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
1-22 22:38
Use props
SPZu9tPD9Pii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119472 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_6fAPifOJEMzl Posted at 1-22 13:54
Hi
Bizarrely my issue was solved by changing the memory card. All worked perfectly then.

That's disturbing, considering I just sent my Mini 3 Pro for warranty since it cannot focus since day one. I wish I had seen this before sending it. What memory card did you use before, and what card are you using now?

I've tried to focus; it passes the focus and stays unfocused. Even with high peaking set up, the screen turns all red with lines. When I get home and preview the pictures, if not the whole pictures - the right side usually was out of focus.

1-24 16:39
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SPZu9tPD9Pii Posted at 1-24 16:39
That's disturbing, considering I just sent my Mini 3 Pro for warranty since it cannot focus since day one. I wish I had seen this before sending it. What memory card did you use before, and what card are you using now?

I've tried to focus; it passes the focus and stays unfocused. Even with high peaking set up, the screen turns all red with lines. When I get home and preview the pictures, if not the whole pictures - the right side usually was out of focus.

Hi there. We found your case number, rest assured that we will check further details and do our best to help, you will receive the related notification email as well.
1-24 18:31
Use props
djiuser_phDPvBobkMRy
New

Italy

Buongiorno a tutti

Oggi stavo volando in collina quando ad un certo punto il drone è impazzito, non rispondeva ai comandi, ho tentato disperatamente un return to home, il comando è arrivato ma poi il drone ha smesso di rispondere (praticamente immediatamente dopo) ed è precipitato.

L'ho ritrovato perchè spostandomi in auto e poi a piedi lungo un sentiero sono arrivato nei pressi e cercando nei rovi l'ho trovato.

Ho attivato la DJI Care Refresh... vi chiedo:
- ma mi mandano un intero prodotto nuovo o senza le eliche?
- c'è modo di capire cosa diavolo sia successo? il track del volo dice "errore 30168 carico eccessivo".. l'ho trovato senza un'elica e senza la relativa vite.. potrebbe essersi staccata perché sostituita male? Ma potrebbe essersi staccata dopo più di 10 minuti che andava? Non c'era vento, non c'erano ostacoli
4-27 13:06
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_phDPvBobkMRy Posted at 4-27 13:06
Buongiorno a tutti

Oggi stavo volando in collina quando ad un certo punto il drone è impazzito, non rispondeva ai comandi, ho tentato disperatamente un return to home, il comando è arrivato ma poi il drone ha smesso di rispondere (praticamente immediatamente dopo) ed è precipitato.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. You can submit a regular repair case through this link. https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
If you use DJI Care Refrsh, please note that data analysis will not be performed. The following is the scope of coverage for DJI Care Refresh: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/ec8 ... 0Care%20Refresh.pdf
4-27 19:54
Use props
djiuser_phDPvBobkMRy
New

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 19:54
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. You can submit a regular repair case through this link. https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
If you use DJI Care Refrsh, please note that data analysis will not be performed. The following is the scope of coverage for DJI Care Refresh: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/ec87c1e7d4f54fe68e93b898600862db/DJI%20Care%20Refresh/DJI%20Care%20Refresh%20Service%20Term/Terms%20of%20Service%20of%20DJI%20Care%20Refresh.pdf
[view_image]

So they will give me a complete drone?
4-27 23:41
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_phDPvBobkMRy Posted at 4-27 23:41
So they will give me a complete drone?

Yes, as long as you send back the components mentioned above, our team will send you a replacement including them.
4-28 03:54
Use props
Calvin Lewis
New

United States

I've been experiencing the same issue with my drone
5-5 06:30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Calvin Lewis Posted at 5-5 06:30
I've been experiencing the same issue with my drone

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know if you mean your DJI Mini 3 also has the focus issue?

You could try to troubleshoot as follows first to see if it could help. Thanks.

1. Please check whether the lens is dirty. We recommend wiping the lens with a wet tissue.

2. Please make sure the firmware version is the latest. If not, please update it. If yes, please try to refresh the firmware.

3. Please keep the shooting target within the focus point. We recommend you fly your aircraft to a place where the shooting target is within the focus range (For example, 1m - ∞ for the DJI Mini 3), shoot, and then view again.

4. Please reset the camera parameters in the app.

5. If the issue persists after camera parameters are reset for other models not mentioned in Step 4, please toggle to MF mode and slide the MF module. Check whether the picture becomes clear or blurry.
5-5 06:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules