4307 28 2023-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to plug in a microphone system such as the Dji mic into the usb c port of the RC2 that came with my Air 3 and record audio along with the screen recording?

Thank you!!!
2023-8-8
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great question, I'm kind of curious on the new RC2. I know on the original RC you can plug in a USB-C mic and record audio. Hopefully they kept this feature for the new RC2.
2023-8-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just tested this out with the DJI mic bc it works great!!
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, an external microphone is required to pick up audio when using the DJI RC 2. We recommend using DJI Mic for better sound quality. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-8 18:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, an external microphone is required to pick up audio when using the DJI RC 2. We recommend using DJI Mic for better sound quality. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin. I was using the DJI Mic system. I have to say, DJI Mic is a wonderful audio device. So far, the best I've owned.

I do have another question that I am trying to figure out. How do I get a screen recording from the RC2 to another device. I can view the test recording I made earlier today, but when I view the contents of the SD card on the computer, it doesn't show any video files in any of the folders on the SD card. Does the RC2 have internal storage that I have to tell it to use the SD card instead of?
2023-8-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-8 18:41
Thank you DJI Paladin. I was using the DJI Mic system. I have to say, DJI Mic is a wonderful audio device. So far, the best I've owned.

I do have another question that I am trying to figure out. How do I get a screen recording from the RC2 to another device. I can view the test recording I made earlier today, but when I view the contents of the SD card on the computer, it doesn't show any video files in any of the folders on the SD card. Does the RC2 have internal storage that I have to tell it to use the SD card instead of?

I got this figured out. For some reason, when I did the initial setup, the rc2 did not prompt me about the sd card and going to profile/storage/ etc to set the controller to use the sd card. So when I did a test recording with the DJI mic it was saved to the internal storage. That’s why when I put the card in a computer, there were no files. It took me a minute to figure out how to transfer from the internal storage to the sd card but once I did, I put the card in the computer and the file was there. And now that I have it set in the fly so settings to use the sd card, it’s all good. Hopefully this might help someone having a similar issue.
2023-8-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-8 18:41

I got this figured out. For some reason, when I did the initial setup, the rc2 did not prompt me about the sd card and going to profile/storage/ etc to set the controller to use the sd card. So when I did a test recording with the DJI mic it was saved to the internal storage. That’s why when I put the card in a computer, there were no files. It took me a minute to figure out how to transfer from the internal storage to the sd card but once I did, I put the card in the computer and the file was there. And now that I have it set in the fly so settings to use the sd card, it’s all good. Hopefully this might help someone having a similar issue.
2023-8-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have no idea why that was doubled up, sorry about that
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 8-9 05:28
I got this figured out. For some reason, when I did the initial setup, the rc2 did not prompt me about the sd card and going to profile/storage/ etc to set the controller to use the sd card. So when I did a test recording with the DJI mic it was saved to the internal storage. That’s why when I put the card in a computer, there were no files. It took me a minute to figure out how to transfer from the internal storage to the sd card but once I did, I put the card in the computer and the file was there. And now that I have it set in the fly so settings to use the sd card, it’s all good. Hopefully this might help someone having a similar issue.

Thank you for your response, JodyB. We also appreciate you for sharing the steps that you take to isolate the issue. This will really help our fellow DJI members here that experience a similar issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-8-10
Use props
Todd Knighton
New

United States

I have plenty of USB mic's laying around, and the RC-2 is not detecting any of them.  Is the DJI mic the ONLY supported USB mic for the RC-2?   I'm trying the Hollyland Lark M1 USB mic's and Sennheiser USB Lav mic.  Neither are detected When connecting the Lark M1, the lights blink on the Lark M1 for a second like it's talking to the RC-2, then they go back green again.   But no notifications ever show up on the RC-2 controller.
2023-9-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m not sure about the compatibility of other mics the Dji mic is the only usb c mic I have and that dies for sure work.
2023-9-17
Use props
Todd Knighton
New

United States

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess i'm just grabbing audio anyway, so I'll use my phone for now since I wouldn't be using the screen capture video as it'd be redundant.
A compatibility chart, or recommended mic's list would be nice.   But I'm not finding anything in the literature since it's so minimal.  It all points to the go fly and online videos that also don't talk about audio.
2023-9-17
Use props
briwy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WEll I have just tried my DJI mic with the RC2 and it won't work.  I get a message saying that the unit recognises a USB device and it needs formatting before use. Never had this before with the Mini 3Pro and the RC1.    Mic works fine with the RC controller on the Mavic so I'm baffled what is going on here.
2023-10-13
Use props
djiuser_e1dsgmza2WVd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My hollyland lark m1 is not recognised either in DJI RC2 but was in ok in old DJI RC???
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_e1dsgmza2WVd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Todd Knighton Posted at 9-17 10:33
I have plenty of USB mic's laying around, and the RC-2 is not detecting any of them.  Is the DJI mic the ONLY supported USB mic for the RC-2?   I'm trying the Hollyland Lark M1 USB mic's and Sennheiser USB Lav mic.  Neither are detected When connecting the Lark M1, the lights blink on the Lark M1 for a second like it's talking to the RC-2, then they go back green again.   But no notifications ever show up on the RC-2 controller.

Same for me too
2023-10-15
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

I really don't do screen recordings, but I just wanted to test out the audio recording with the RC-2.

I ordered this inexpensive mic set up, and it worked right away. No set up or anything. Plug and go!

PILSAMAS Mini Wireless Lapel Lavalier Microphone
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_e1dsgmza2WVd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unfortunately I cannot connect the Holly land lark m1 to DJI RC2 either. Had no problem with old DJI RC
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_e1dsgmza2WVd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Todd Knighton Posted at 9-17 10:33

I have same issue owning lark m1
2023-10-18
Use props
GGodbone
lvl.1

United States

Recording audio is easy. ViWizard Audio Capture can record any audio played on your computer. With this smart recording gadget, you can listen to any music on all popular devices without any restrictions.
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_e1dsgmza2WVd Posted at 10-18 10:40
Unfortunately I cannot connect the Holly land lark m1 to DJI RC2 either. Had no problem with old DJI RC

Thank you for your response. Can you please upload a video showing the issue so we can check it further? We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-19
Use props
swashplate53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1142047 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mini 4 pro and the Pocket 3 with the DJI Mic2 transmitter within the creator package.  Can you hook up the included Mic 2 with the RC2 for screen recording audio??
I have tried the following...

I have the Mic2 connected to the RC2, nothing happened.  
I tried a usb-c to usb-c, nothing happened.
1699224308673848131885944533668.jpg
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_AFQdCOaCcKy8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210951 ft
United States

Hi
I have dji mini 4 pro and I bought the dji Mic too , I can do screen recording , but I can't record sound when the drone is flying. Can someone help me please
2023-11-19
Use props
bsdroneflying
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659173 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does RC2 support RODE Wireless II GO?  Thanks,
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bsdroneflying Posted at 11-25 00:17

Hello, there. We recommend using DJI Mic for better sound quality. For other brands, we have not taken compatibility test so we can not guarantee their compatibility.
2023-11-25
Use props
Tim Peterson5
lvl.2

United States

bsdroneflying Posted at 2023-11-25 00:17
Gee,im new to droning  my 1st copter  m3classic,in way over my head with this contraption  and all the technology, ugh.

Out everyday to learn flying  and next step,video's  and pictures, my plan is to attach dji mic to my rc pro controller  to add audio to my video's  up until now....what a hassle  for us not so techy pilots, so much brain damage reading thru all these complaints from mic not recording to how to download adding audio

At this point for me ill wait and hopefully  dji can streamline  audio for controller  screen audio/video,for $350 dji has a leg up on sound quailty  from the demonstration  videos ive watched, couple  more  months  hopefully  dji can streamline  this audio issue.hope so,if not ill shot can this dji drone and mark the loss as lesson learned.

Further my m3classic is 1 month old  with very little use i will  sell cheap with fly more package,charger etc.

Amazed  dji sell these drones w/o chargers just changing  hubs which are useless w/o a charger,same w
4-7 12:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tim Peterson5 Posted at 4-7 12:29
Gee,im new to droning  my 1st copter  m3classic,in way over my head with this contraption  and all the technology, ugh.

Out everyday to learn flying  and next step,video's  and pictures, my plan is to attach dji mic to my rc pro controller  to add audio to my video's  up until now....what a hassle  for us not so techy pilots, so much brain damage reading thru all these complaints from mic not recording to how to download adding audio

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We have not finished adapting the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 to DJI RC Pro, DJI RC 2, and DJI RC. Preliminary tests show that you can connect the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 receiver to the Type-C interface (Host Type-C for DJI RC) at the bottom of the remote controller, and then use the screen recording function of the remote controller to record the audio of the DJI Mic transmitter. After you finish recording, remove the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 to play the screen recording file with the audio.

*If DJI Mic is used during screen recording, DJI Mic must be removed before the screen recording can be played with audio.
*If DJI Mic 2 is used during screen recording, the screen recording can be directly played with audio without the need to remove the receiver.
*Recording is not supported if the microphone is connected via Bluetooth.
4-7 19:47
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

The question I have & so far been unable to find any answer, does or can the RC or RC2 (I have both) record in a dual-channel, as in, stereo audio track?

I see the DJI Mic has a stereo recording function — requiring, obviously, 2 mics — but my question is, does that stereo audio get recorded as stereo in either the RC or RC2?
4-19 06:58
Use props
TxBiker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13619 ft

United States

BroomRider Posted at 4-19 06:58
The question I have & so far been unable to find any answer, does or can the RC or RC2 (I have both) record in a dual-channel, as in, stereo audio track?

I see the DJI Mic has a stereo recording function — requiring, obviously, 2 mics — but my question is, does that stereo audio get recorded as stereo in either the RC or RC2?

I would like to know the answer to this too.  Will using a stereo microphone pair attached to the RC 2 result in stereo screen recordings?
4-19 21:15
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-7 19:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We have not finished adapting the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 to DJI RC Pro, DJI RC 2, and DJI RC. Preliminary tests show that you can connect the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 receiver to the Type-C interface (Host Type-C for DJI RC) at the bottom of the remote controller, and then use the screen recording function of the remote controller to record the audio of the DJI Mic transmitter. After you finish recording, remove the DJI Mic/DJI Mic 2 to play the screen recording file with the audio.

*If DJI Mic is used during screen recording, DJI Mic must be removed before the screen recording can be played with audio.

It now being exactly a month later, any news &/ updates, & specifically, regarding my earlier question (which went unanswered)?

“The question I have & so far been unable to find any answer, does or can the RC or RC2 (I have both) record in a dual-channel, as in, stereo audio track [if fed with a stereo audio input signal]?

I see the DJI Mic (& DJI Mic 2?) has a stereo recording function — requiring, obviously, 2 mics — but my question is, does that stereo audio get recorded as stereo in either the RC or RC2 [when fed with a stereo audio input signal through the USB-C port]?”

“Inquiring minds want to know”
yesterday 15:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules