1811 20 2023-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

I have set three custom modes and saved them for the quick switch button, so i can use it to switch between the modes.
Unfortunately, the camera loses this setting after some time again and again, so that only C1 + default modes can be switched with the quick switch.
2023-8-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Did you have your battery out of camera for a long period of time?
2023-8-21
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Maldives

No, it happens totally spontaneously, sometimes several times a day. I am currently on vacation and use the camera very intensively. Especially when diving, it is annoying when the presets are suddenly gone because you can no longer correct this at that moment.

2023-8-21
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

It happens to mine too, multiple times I have 4 custom settings and multiple times C2, C3, and C4 are gone from my QS button. I have to swipe down QS and turn the C modes for all of them back on again.
It happens randomly too, the battery is all inside the sd card inside and fully charged. Latest mimo app, latest firmware.

2023-8-21
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

I remember having had the same experience a couple of times.
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JustName. Thank you for reaching out. We have tested our device and it doesn't have this issue so it might be a random issue only. We will investigate this one, please provide the information below for us to check further:
1. Camera Log.
2. Exact time and date when the issue occurred.
3. What did you operate before the problem occurred.

How to get camera logs:

1. Please reproduce the abnormal process.
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect the Osmo Action 4 to a computer using a USB cable.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 4 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 4 (internal storage).

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PankoGO Posted at 8-21 11:21
It happens to mine too, multiple times I have 4 custom settings and multiple times C2, C3, and C4 are gone from my QS button. I have to swipe down QS and turn the C modes for all of them back on again.
It happens randomly too, the battery is all inside the sd card inside and fully charged. Latest mimo app, latest firmware.

Hi, PankoGO. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Is this for Action 4 as well? If you have time, kindly provide us with the needed information listed in this post so that we can check on this issue. Thank you.
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Yaman-Python Posted at 8-21 21:02
I remember having had the same experience a couple of times.

Hi, Yaman-Python. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Is this for Action 4 as well? If you have time, kindly provide us with the needed information listed in this post so that we can check on this issue. Thank you.
2023-8-21
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-21 21:08
Hi, PankoGO. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Is this for Action 4 as well? If you have time, kindly provide us with the needed information listed in this post so that we can check on this issue. Thank you.

I just woke up and I swear I left it at C1, C2, and Photo. Waking up it had my settings where I left them at but randomly added video, slow-mo, timelapse, hyperlapse, and playback. After creating the log it turned back to normal C1, C2, Photo.

Sending the log now happened around 9 AM to 9:07 (CET).
2023-8-21
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

PankoGO Posted at 8-21 23:10
I just woke up and I swear I left it at C1, C2, and Photo. Waking up it had my settings where I left them at but randomly added video, slow-mo, timelapse, hyperlapse, and playback. After creating the log it turned back to normal C1, C2, Photo.

Sending the log now happened around 9 AM to 9:07 (CET).

I was able to replicate it but it seems very random, I turned it on and the settings were the same as before adding slow-mo, timelapse, etc. I turned it off and on again the OS settings were back to normal how I set it at. After multiple on and it stayed the same.

11:45 first occurrence. after on and off trying to replicate 11:50 same thing happened. Turning it off and on again back to normal QS settings how I set it at.  

created a log file and then tried it again at 11:53 same thing again. Turn off and on again back to normal.

Was not able to replicate until 11:58, pulled the battery out this time settings removed my C2 custom left C1 and Camera on. Tuning the camera on and off did not change the settings back to how I set it this time.

12:00 not being able to replicate it but this was at the setting C1, Camera (not my original QS modes).

Setting up my QS modes back manually. 12:01

after multiple on and off it stays the same, pulled the battery out not able to recreate it. now pulling the battery out for 1 min. Not able to recreate it. At this moment it looks like it happens randomly. 12:04

There is a lot of on-off between so it happens randomly sometimes after a few on of sometimes after a lot of on-off.

Creating another log file now 12:11. Log file created seems it stayed at the same settings as I wanted it.

12:14 posting this comment.

2023-8-22
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Maldives

Conclusion: you was not able to to replicate it :-)

Because it is totally random.  
2023-8-22
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

JustName Posted at 8-22 02:41
Conclusion: you was not able to to replicate it :-)

Because it is totally random.

hahaha yep!!! Maybe if I sleep and wake up again it may or may not happen! (Was literally just typing and logging my findings in real time before I posted the comment, as I now really want it to be fixed as it can be frustrating when it happens).

Hope I did not bother DJI Gamora too much, have sent him or her 4 log files in a PM.
2023-8-22
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

PankoGO Posted at 8-22 02:48
hahaha yep!!! Maybe if I sleep and wake up again it may or may not happen! (Was literally just typing and logging my findings in real time before I posted the comment, as I now really want it to be fixed as it can be frustrating when it happens).

Hope I did not bother DJI Gamora too much, have sent him or her 4 log files in a PM.

This will be my last input after 12:14 I was not able to get the problem to occur after multiple on-off and decided to call it a day and report my last findings. I left the camera and now 3:13 PM turning it on it added all the other modes to my C1, C2, Camera (my setting that I want), added hyperlapse, slow-mo, etc all back. 3:16 PM log file was created and again after the log file is created it went back to C1, C2, Camera (the setting I want it at).

Very strange and I hope it can be resolved. 3:17 after creating the log turning off and then back on again exact same happened again. But this time I waited till the added QS buttons went away and shows me the live view. I clicked to see if QS went back to normal and it did.

So something is bugging it out during turning the camera on in a few seconds frame on start-up. once that was away back to live view and I checked the QS again it went back to normal.

It seems like a bug that occurs randomly and in the first few seconds during startup. which makes the QS button not a QS anymore as it removes or adds things to the QS.

3:20 PM turning it off and on again and creating another log.

#DJI Gamora 2 more logs coming your way. Not sure if just the latest log was enough but I will be sending them all. 3:25 PM clicking ''reply topic'' button (CET)

2023-8-22
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

@DJI Gamora

I was able to get one of the problems replicated on a consistent basis which may have been the cause of the random bug to occur, while it has the same effect of the random bug to occur it is not exactly one on one. As both problems happen randomly on start-up of the Action 4.

My custom QS is C1, C2, and Camera.

When it adds to the QS: C1, C2, Camera, Video, SlO Slow Motion, Timelapse, Hyperlaps, Playback
It always adds everything else on the QS list: Video, SlO Slow Motion, Timelapse, Hyperlaps, Playback

When it adds extra modes on the QS is something I was able to replicate but it also happens randomly when I turn the camera on so it may be part of one of the 2 problems.

How to replicate the QS by adding more QS modes:
Whenever I go to settings and change anything, and then ''tap'' on the screen of the video icon it adds: Video, SlO Slow Motion, Timelapse, Hyperlaps, Playback.
But once I press the QS button it only shows what I have set it at: C1, C2, and Camera.

While I don't think this is a bug and part of the OS, it is the exact same effect as when I start the camera up.

The second problem is when it does not add anything but deletes all custom modes except for C1 and Camera. With that one, I have to manually add the C2 back.  
This one I was not able to get the same effect and happens on start-up especially when I wake up since it occurred at 9:26 AM CET. (second time I can confirm it happening when I go to bed and wake up with a battery and sd card in the device).

The replication effect was from yesterday I created a log for it and another log for today when I woke up and it deleted my C2 setting, I need to manually add it back by swiping down tap on QS and manually add C2 back.

At this moment it is happening quite consistently and more frequently.

Sending both logs now, I really hope it is getting resolved as it happens more frequently now and is very annoying when I can't access QS as intended.

The only thing I can think of is to factory reset and see if that resolves the problem.
2023-8-23
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

Update: Just heard back from the DJI Technical Support team, they have located the cause of the problem and a subsequent firmware update will be released soon to fix it.

So glad it is not just a select few devices that had this problem and that the fix is a simple firmware update.
2023-8-30
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Very nice!
2023-8-30
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s good news. Thank you PankoGo for going through all that trouble to try to isolate the problem. I haven’t used custom modes yet on mine so never saw it. Looks like I won’t be troubled by it now, thanks to you.
2023-8-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

PankoGO Posted at 8-30 07:26
Update: Just heard back from the DJI Technical Support team, they have located the cause of the problem and a subsequent firmware update will be released soon to fix it.

So glad it is not just a select few devices that had this problem and that the fix is a simple firmware update.

Good to hear, you have done some good work to find out this.
2023-8-30
Use props
SomethingAzn
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I randomly just lost my quick settings and had to reenable them. First time is when I had the battery out. Second time the battery was in. I'm on the latest firmware for an Action 3
3-16 15:43
Use props
SomethingAzn
lvl.1
United States

Seems to happen on almost every startup now. My quick settings are there if I use the touch screen and touch the person icon. However, only C1 and the default Photo option are there when I try and use the physical QS button
4-2 22:43
Use props
djiuser_oA7oMYXYK6Pd
New

Greece

I have had the same issue, but not being familiar with the camera took some time to appreciate I've lost my presets.   The camera was not in water but warned something was reset due to high water pressure which was confusing then the following day we realised all the presets had gone
5-15 20:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules